Notices
All Things Apple The Teamspeed Genius Bar!
Enter here to discuss your Apple products including iPhone, iPod, MacBooks and more!

How to Connect Video Out to Mac PRO?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2010, 07:52 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
gfroman has a reputation beyond reputegfroman has a reputation beyond reputegfroman has a reputation beyond reputegfroman has a reputation beyond reputegfroman has a reputation beyond reputegfroman has a reputation beyond reputegfroman has a reputation beyond reputegfroman has a reputation beyond reputegfroman has a reputation beyond reputegfroman has a reputation beyond reputegfroman has a reputation beyond repute
How to Connect Video Out to Mac PRO?

This may be a dumb question.................

I have a stereo receiver that powers my ITunes on my Mac PRO.
I want to access the audio menus on the receiver but do not know how to connect the RCA Video Out cable from my receiver to my Mac.

Do you have to use an RCA to USB adapter or something?

HELP!

Old 03-20-2010, 09:34 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Ferdinand is a jewel in the roughFerdinand is a jewel in the roughFerdinand is a jewel in the roughFerdinand is a jewel in the roughFerdinand is a jewel in the roughFerdinand is a jewel in the roughFerdinand is a jewel in the roughFerdinand is a jewel in the roughFerdinand is a jewel in the roughFerdinand is a jewel in the roughFerdinand is a jewel in the rough
which mac do you have?
In my Macbook pro (unibody with minidisplay port) I use this:

from x to mac: EyeTV DTT

from mac to x:
Mini DisplayPort to DVI Adapter - Apple Store (U.S.)
then a DVI to RCA adapter.

If you have a previous late-08 mac pro it has mini dvi, for which there is a RCA adapter.

Hope this helps.

Old 03-20-2010, 09:41 PM
Banned
Simba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond repute
You'll need a device that can take an RCA video input. There are dozens of them-- eyeTV, pinnacle, usbvision, etc.

Alternatively if you want to do it over a network, just get a slingbox.

Old 03-21-2010, 09:21 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
gfroman has a reputation beyond reputegfroman has a reputation beyond reputegfroman has a reputation beyond reputegfroman has a reputation beyond reputegfroman has a reputation beyond reputegfroman has a reputation beyond reputegfroman has a reputation beyond reputegfroman has a reputation beyond reputegfroman has a reputation beyond reputegfroman has a reputation beyond reputegfroman has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks, guys!