Notices
All Things Apple The Teamspeed Genius Bar!
Enter here to discuss your Apple products including iPhone, iPod, MacBooks and more!

Good experience at Apple store..

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2008, 09:07 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
Ruf_Magian is a jewel in the roughRuf_Magian is a jewel in the roughRuf_Magian is a jewel in the roughRuf_Magian is a jewel in the roughRuf_Magian is a jewel in the roughRuf_Magian is a jewel in the roughRuf_Magian is a jewel in the roughRuf_Magian is a jewel in the roughRuf_Magian is a jewel in the roughRuf_Magian is a jewel in the roughRuf_Magian is a jewel in the rough
Great Experience?

Me too! Took my *old* Macbook Pro to the Genius bar after it bricked as a result of a firmware d/l. Genius reset a bunch of stuff and declared it was good to go. Well almost good b/c another Genius needed to put tools on the device to get it to boot after I checked it out before leaving the store.
Following morning I tried to fire it up and it was once again,A frickin' brick.
Emailed store manager and was told to return to the store. I did and got a new model Macbook ( $4k value) with warranty for Zero dollars.
That was a great experience. : )

Cheers

R

Old 11-17-2008, 11:56 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Craigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Ruf_Magian
Me too! Took my *old* Macbook Pro to the Genius bar after it bricked as a result of a firmware d/l. Genius reset a bunch of stuff and declared it was good to go. Well almost good b/c another Genius needed to put tools on the device to get it to boot after I checked it out before leaving the store.
Following morning I tried to fire it up and it was once again,A frickin' brick.
Emailed store manager and was told to return to the store. I did and got a new model Macbook ( $4k value) with warranty for Zero dollars.
That was a great experience. : )

Cheers

R
unless you bought a whole bunch of pre installed software, I cant see a way to crack the 4K for a Macbook...you sure it wasn't a pro?

Old 11-17-2008, 12:07 PM
Teamspeed Pro
ajindfw has a reputation beyond reputeajindfw has a reputation beyond reputeajindfw has a reputation beyond reputeajindfw has a reputation beyond reputeajindfw has a reputation beyond reputeajindfw has a reputation beyond reputeajindfw has a reputation beyond reputeajindfw has a reputation beyond reputeajindfw has a reputation beyond reputeajindfw has a reputation beyond reputeajindfw has a reputation beyond repute
Mark- read my prior post about the RAM in your other thread. The computer- I have the same one as you- is fast with the standard 2gb, but the 4gb does speed things up, especially the Adobe apps.

Don't do the upgrade yourself. The RAM is $300 at the Apple store, and one of the Geniuses installed it for me for free. If you or I had bought the upgrade at the same time as buying the computer, we actually would have gotten a discount. I tried DIY with RAM I bought at Fry's and I messed up my computer. . .the folks at the Apple store were gracious enough to fix the problem for free when upgrading my RAM.

Old 11-17-2008, 12:25 PM
MrTheBadGuy
Control It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by vtgts300kw
Agree that its so cheap, so why not.

Depends on the use of the laptop, I assume its just gonna be for surfing net etc, as i think hes got an iMac or a Tower for heavier applications.

So for that, there isn't much reason to upgrade, other than " why the heck not".
Yes I have a MacPro tower for the heavy work. This is just for internet and light work..Just wondered if it might speed up loading apps or whatnot..probably will just get it of course..

Old 11-17-2008, 12:26 PM
MrTheBadGuy
Control It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond repute
btw..who wants to be first?

All Things Apple - TeamSpeed.com

Old 11-17-2008, 12:29 PM
MrTheBadGuy
Originally Posted by ajindfw
Mark- read my prior post about the RAM in your other thread. The computer- I have the same one as you- is fast with the standard 2gb, but the 4gb does speed things up, especially the Adobe apps.

Don't do the upgrade yourself. The RAM is $300 at the Apple store, and one of the Geniuses installed it for me for free. If you or I had bought the upgrade at the same time as buying the computer, we actually would have gotten a discount. I tried DIY with RAM I bought at Fry's and I messed up my computer. . .the folks at the Apple store were gracious enough to fix the problem for free when upgrading my RAM.
They will do it for $150 and take the old ram back. I just couldn't wait to get out of the store. it was a zoo..

Very pleased I exchanged it, the lit keyboard is a must have for me.

it seems to be getting faster as well..

Old 11-17-2008, 12:42 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Ruf_Magian is a jewel in the roughRuf_Magian is a jewel in the roughRuf_Magian is a jewel in the roughRuf_Magian is a jewel in the roughRuf_Magian is a jewel in the roughRuf_Magian is a jewel in the roughRuf_Magian is a jewel in the roughRuf_Magian is a jewel in the roughRuf_Magian is a jewel in the roughRuf_Magian is a jewel in the roughRuf_Magian is a jewel in the rough
Pro?

>>you sure it wasn't a pro?<<

Ah yea Macbook Pro. It's a great machine BUT I really hate mobileme! My life was Apple McHell until I dumped the .mac/mobileme mail service.

Cheers

R

Old 11-17-2008, 01:26 PM
Teamspeed Pro
MexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond repute
Love my new Macbook Pro.

Old 11-17-2008, 02:05 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Craigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MexicoBlue
Love my new Macbook Pro.
Im still on the fence if I want to return my new/old 'pro for a new one...

Im sure its win/win either way...

Old 11-17-2008, 04:09 PM
MrTheBadGuy
Must get new one!

Quick Reply: Good experience at Apple store..