Teamspeed.com

Teamspeed.com (https://teamspeed.com/forums/)
-   All Things Apple (https://teamspeed.com/forums/all-things-apple/)
-   -   Good experience at Apple store.. (https://teamspeed.com/forums/all-things-apple/13560-good-experience-apple-store.html)

Control It 11-16-2008 06:27 PM

Good experience at Apple store..

Well I went back expecting a hard time, returning the MacBook I bought last week. I didn't know (until SteveH mentioned it), that the step up model had a back lit keyboard which I really missed from my old MBP..

I brought the MacBook to the register and was immediately told there is a restocking fee, which I knew..I explained I have a lot of Mac's and Apple gear and that no one mentioning the differences in the two models and I really want the step up model..

The place was mobbed and she said she had to get a manager to approve it, I waited a few minutes then said, just return it, charge me the fee and I'll just buy a new one..She somehow was able to get me the new one with no restocking charge..Very unexpected!

I am really glad I made the switch as the back lit keyboard is a must for me..

Way to go Apple!

WHen the stock drops some more, I'll be getting some more shares..Store was packed with BUYERS..Amazing company..

Control It 11-16-2008 07:13 PM

anybody know if upgrading to 4 Gigs has much effect on overall performance other than on memory intensive applications like PS.

M5Kid 11-16-2008 10:29 PM

Glad the store was packed; I'm hoping that means holiday sales are higher than expected and their stock takes off! Jobs knows how to run a company, I love all my Apple gear.

vtgts300kw 11-16-2008 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by Control It (Post 176134)
anybody know if upgrading to 4 Gigs has much effect on overall performance other than on memory intensive applications like PS.

Won't notice it. I think some apps only use a certain amount of maximum RAM anyway.

Dynamic 11-16-2008 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by vtgts300kw (Post 176245)
Won't notice it. I think some apps only use a certain amount of maximum RAM anyway.

Some apps may use a max amount of RAM but you are wrong that he won't notice it. Apples in general are RAM intensive. It also depends on how many programs you have open at the same time. Regardless, RAM is so cheap why not upgrade. Check OWC.

Super D 11-16-2008 10:56 PM

And?...Was she hot? Did you get digits?

Control It 11-16-2008 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by Super D (Post 176251)
And?...Was she hot? Did you get digits?

Don't know if she was that hot but she was a genius..

Control It 11-16-2008 11:01 PM

I used the migration app to set up this MacBook and so far performance in so far as launching applications goes, it's slower than the MacBook it just replaced.

I might reinstall the system and manually install the software..

vtgts300kw 11-16-2008 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by Dynamic (Post 176246)
Some apps may use a max amount of RAM but you are wrong that he won't notice it. Apples in general are RAM intensive. It also depends on how many programs you have open at the same time. Regardless, RAM is so cheap why not upgrade. Check OWC.

Agree that its so cheap, so why not.

Depends on the use of the laptop, I assume its just gonna be for surfing net etc, as i think hes got an iMac or a Tower for heavier applications.

So for that, there isn't much reason to upgrade, other than " why the heck not".

Craigger 11-17-2008 12:30 AM

Originally Posted by Control It (Post 176111)
Well I went back expecting a hard time, returning the MacBook I bought last week. I didn't know (until SteveH mentioned it), that the step up model had a back lit keyboard which I really missed from my old MBP..

I brought the MacBook to the register and was immediately told there is a restocking fee, which I knew..I explained I have a lot of Mac's and Apple gear and that no one mentioning the differences in the two models and I really want the step up model..

The place was mobbed and she said she had to get a manager to approve it, I waited a few minutes then said, just return it, charge me the fee and I'll just buy a new one..She somehow was able to get me the new one with no restocking charge..Very unexpected!

I am really glad I made the switch as the back lit keyboard is a must for me..

Way to go Apple!

WHen the stock drops some more, I'll be getting some more shares..Store was packed with BUYERS..Amazing company..

actually it was me.:spar:

Originally Posted by Control It (Post 171786)
I know, it's really amazing...Did you get the 13 or 15? I love the size of the 13 but I am tempted to exchange it tomorrow for the 15...I like the lit keyboard, etc..but it's heavy too..

FWIW you can get a macbook with a backlit keyboard - you just need the high end one.
Good to hear you had great CS though.