Notices
991 | 997 | 996 General Porsche Water Cooled 911 Discussion Forum.

Glass Sunroof removed from configurator

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2012, 05:40 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Haku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Marc
Haku- I like your changes anyway still will be perfect.
Thank you. I'm excited about getting it. Been painfully without a P car for a few months and now it feels good to have one on order.

Originally Posted by SPEEDANDTECH
i don't like the glass roof at all. From the inside it's pretty kewl, but from outside i don't like the complete black top. There is one in VA dealer with the glass top.
I removed mine because I didn't think it would look good on a silver car. Then found out about the production issues. Which color is the one in VA?

Originally Posted by M5_2010
I have glass moonroof on order for 8/21 build....
The UK configurator now has the glass roof back! So maybe all is well.

Old 08-14-2012, 10:22 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
SPEEDANDTECH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SPEEDANDTECH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SPEEDANDTECH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SPEEDANDTECH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SPEEDANDTECH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SPEEDANDTECH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SPEEDANDTECH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SPEEDANDTECH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SPEEDANDTECH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SPEEDANDTECH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SPEEDANDTECH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
the one in VA is white with black roof.
I think with a dark color it will look better.

Old 08-14-2012, 01:19 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Haku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond repute
the one in VA is white with black roof.
I think with a dark color it will look better.
Thanks ST. I think you are right in that the glass roof is better suited to a darker colour or maybe even white. I cancelled it because I really wanted the silver and I wasn't convinced it would look good with that.

Old 08-14-2012, 02:55 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
SPEEDANDTECH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SPEEDANDTECH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SPEEDANDTECH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SPEEDANDTECH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SPEEDANDTECH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SPEEDANDTECH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SPEEDANDTECH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SPEEDANDTECH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SPEEDANDTECH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SPEEDANDTECH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SPEEDANDTECH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by Haku
Thanks ST. I think you are right in that the glass roof is better suited to a darker colour or maybe even white. I cancelled it because I really wanted the silver and I wasn't convinced it would look good with that.
Well all i got to say is glass roof or not, the 991 is a car that i totally love. Having owned a 997, i must say it's light years ahead in every term (which I did not think was possible). Congrats and i am sure you are just counting the days to get your car.

Old 08-14-2012, 10:47 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Well all i got to say is glass roof or not, the 991 is a car that i totally love. Having owned a 997, i must say it's light years ahead in every term (which I did not think was possible). Congrats and i am sure you are just counting the days to get your car.
You are so correct ST. The 991's I've driven on the road and on track have amazed me. In the right hands the car is astounding in almost any configuration.

This forum is helping me cope with the wait. Its all part of the experience I guess.

Old 08-16-2012, 05:15 PM
Teamspeed Member
M5_2010 will become famous soon enoughM5_2010 will become famous soon enoughM5_2010 will become famous soon enoughM5_2010 will become famous soon enoughM5_2010 will become famous soon enoughM5_2010 will become famous soon enoughM5_2010 will become famous soon enoughM5_2010 will become famous soon enoughM5_2010 will become famous soon enoughM5_2010 will become famous soon enough
So, is the glass roof back or am I looking for another dissapointment.... I have a build completion date of 8/21.