Notices
991 | 997 | 996 General Porsche Water Cooled 911 Discussion Forum.

Glass Sunroof removed from configurator

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2012, 03:46 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Haku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond repute
Glass Sunroof removed from configurator

I just noticed that the glass sunroof option has been removed from the USA (and maybe other regions) 991 configurator.

Design or supply problems?

I know that some folks who had ordered the glass roof had been informed of delays. Glad I changed my order to metal sunroof ages ago.

Old 08-11-2012, 11:31 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
z356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond repute
Yes, that is not a good sign! The forums have been talking about 'delays' in production cars already ordered with the glass sunroof option for over a month. But it doesn't look to be a short term 'supply' problem if you need to remove the option ENTIRELY from the configurator!

Over at Rennlist, a British member (SFO) posted the following a few days ago:

"Porsche GB today issued a notice all dealers saying:'Due to shortages and quality problems at suppliers please be informed that Germany have blocked Electric Slide/Tilt Sunroof (653) and also Painted wheels in exterior colour CRX, XD9 and XDA for new orders.' " Option #653 is the new glass sunroof option!

I have some information (and photographic evidence) as to why 'Painted Wheels in Exterior Colors' CRX & XD9 might be blocked temporarily. I have no idea why 'Wheels Painted Black' (XDA) would be affected! I thought those look great and had few complaints!

I am planning to discuss what I know re: "painted wheels' issues in an upcoming post in my thread 'Custom Ordering, 'Porsche Exclusive' and You' on this Forum!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Last edited by z356; 08-11-2012 at 11:40 AM.
Old 08-11-2012, 11:52 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Haku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by z356
Yes, that is not a good sign! ....

I am planning to discuss what I know re: "painted wheels' issues in an upcoming post in my thread 'Custom Ordering, 'Porsche Exclusive' and You' on this Forum!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Thanks so much for the info Eduardo. I'd be very interested to find out the reasons for the delay in the wheels painted black.

Crazy or luck, I'm not sure which one but prior to all the delay stuff I changed my order, mainly for aesthetic reasons, to a steel roof and wheels painted titanium (XDH). Luckily neither of these options are affected... I think!

Last edited by Haku; 08-11-2012 at 12:05 PM.
Old 08-11-2012, 01:14 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
They most likely are addressing issues that they weren't aware of earlier.

Old 08-11-2012, 07:34 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
z356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by STOPPIE
They most likely are addressing issues that they weren't aware of earlier.
You think?

Saludos,
Eduardo

Old 08-11-2012, 08:06 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Assuming we believe Porsche, they do state the reasons... "Due to shortages and quality problems at suppliers."

I'm interested in the quality problems they refer to.

Old 08-12-2012, 09:49 AM
Neg Rep Zen Master
Marc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond repute
Haku- I like your changes anyway still will be perfect.

Old 08-13-2012, 03:25 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
SPEEDANDTECH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SPEEDANDTECH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SPEEDANDTECH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SPEEDANDTECH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SPEEDANDTECH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SPEEDANDTECH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SPEEDANDTECH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SPEEDANDTECH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SPEEDANDTECH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SPEEDANDTECH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SPEEDANDTECH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
i don't like the glass roof at all. From the inside it's pretty kewl, but from outside i don't like the complete black top. There is one in VA dealer with the glass top.

Old 08-13-2012, 05:14 PM
Teamspeed Member
M5_2010 will become famous soon enoughM5_2010 will become famous soon enoughM5_2010 will become famous soon enoughM5_2010 will become famous soon enoughM5_2010 will become famous soon enoughM5_2010 will become famous soon enoughM5_2010 will become famous soon enoughM5_2010 will become famous soon enoughM5_2010 will become famous soon enoughM5_2010 will become famous soon enough
I have glass moonroof on order for 8/21 build....

Old 08-13-2012, 05:16 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by M5_2010
I have glass moonroof on order for 8/21 build....
Is that build date still current?

Quick Reply: Glass Sunroof removed from configurator