Notices
991 | 997 | 996 General Porsche Water Cooled 911 Discussion Forum.

Stock Inventory Order Opinions: 991 Carrera S Coupe 7-Speed Manual PTS Signal Green

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2012 | 09:58 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Mirage has a spectacular aura aboutMirage has a spectacular aura aboutMirage has a spectacular aura aboutMirage has a spectacular aura aboutMirage has a spectacular aura aboutMirage has a spectacular aura aboutMirage has a spectacular aura aboutMirage has a spectacular aura aboutMirage has a spectacular aura aboutMirage has a spectacular aura aboutMirage has a spectacular aura about
Thanks Eduardo!

Old 08-02-2012 | 10:24 PM
Registered Member
DrgnTmr has a reputation beyond reputeDrgnTmr has a reputation beyond reputeDrgnTmr has a reputation beyond reputeDrgnTmr has a reputation beyond reputeDrgnTmr has a reputation beyond reputeDrgnTmr has a reputation beyond reputeDrgnTmr has a reputation beyond reputeDrgnTmr has a reputation beyond reputeDrgnTmr has a reputation beyond reputeDrgnTmr has a reputation beyond reputeDrgnTmr has a reputation beyond repute
Off the top of my head, that's $5600 worth of green stitching.
It'd certainly make the spec a real looker and as much as it would set off the black leather, I don't think you can get too much of a good thing in this instance.
Almost have to see all those options applied before you could determine if it should all be part of the package. A bit hard to visualize otherwise.
Great spec to date tho, look forward to seeing it.

Eduardo, that RS almost looks bleached out, washed one too many times compared to your 997. Great post.

Old 08-02-2012 | 10:28 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
It won't be that much. Like I said, a lot of those are redundant (one is normal, one is exclusive), so it'd be a lot less. Doing my quick math, I think it's closer to $3K. For me, that's worth it to have a nice, subtle color in the interior. Nothing is worse than trying to get all the stitching deviated and missing one or two small parts.

Old 08-03-2012 | 12:16 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
z356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by DrgnTmr
Eduardo, that RS almost looks bleached out, washed one too many times compared to your 997. Great post.
drgn: had a pretty bad camera that day! But even a cheap camera lens can detect the difference between these two 'factory' colors. I hope that is the point folks take away from even this imperfect photo! That, in itself, is quite revealing!

Saludos,
Eduardo

Old 08-03-2012 | 11:13 AM
Neg Rep Zen Master
Marc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Control It
i agree....car sounds great..

just sayin'
Just checked rep. keep it up biatch,,, yours is coming

Old 08-03-2012 | 12:57 PM
|
Former Sponsor
GeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by joshg120
This car's going to be spectacular. I say do it Chris!
Originally Posted by Ara
That's going to look incredible. Can't wait to see it!
Originally Posted by 20C4S
Geoff,
what's the PTS lead time now? which month production is it in & do u expect any delay by doing the PTS? i'm in the process ordering a car so i'm wondering if the PTS would add the wait time.
Thank you guys for all the input! I have a call into our rep from Porsche.Us about how much longer it will take to do the stitching. He told me yesterday that RS Green is an approved color and it won't take any or much longer to do PTS on any approved color. If you want a color that is not approved it will take 8 months, they have a new pait shop in Zuffenhausen and they have to test every color and approve it before they can use that color on a production car.

Originally Posted by z356
I am in agreement with my 'comprade' Chris on this one. Err on the side of doing it all! But if you want to keep costs down for this spec car, one suggestion is to elect stitching on the dash, top of doors and top of rear panels similar to the scheme done in Two Tone interiors! Or just do Two Tone 'Black/ Grey' interior with the included deviating stitching!

But here is something I would love you to check with ''Porsche Exclusive', Geoff! The deviating stitching options on the dealer order guides for the 991 are for a finite set of allowable colors. As of two weeks ago when I was talking to Sascha at the PCA Parade in Salt Lake City, PAG was not set up to allow deviating stitching in a non-standard color like 'Green' (as used on the RS interiors in MY2007/2008). My understanding is that Porsche is negotiating deviating stitching options in a limited variety of additional colors so that it could be coordinated with PTS colors like this wonderful 'Green', but they were not there yet as of mid-July!

I will go into more detail as to why these deviating stitching color selections are limited when I write my post on this subject on the other thread I have going called 'Custom Ordering a 991, 'Porsche Exclusive' and You'. And if you can't do 'Green' at this time, I will have an alternative suggestion for you re: color choice.

I'll be adding my suggestions to you spec on my next post. I am currently on the road from Carmel to Shell Beach on 101!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Great points, Green stitching and other stitching colors are not on the internal configurator, there are only set colors like Agate, Lime Gold, White, Black, Silver etc... I talked to our guy yesterday about this topic and he said that there are over 1,000 colors available for stitching, but only for the Z-Options, listed earlier in this thread. He helped to match the thread on the Chartreuse 4.0 #1/600 and said that there is a thread color for every single color that will match perfect or almost perfect. The only exclussion for these colors is the stitching on the seats, where you can only order their pre-selected set colors.

Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
The ones in green are definite. I'd have to see what correlates to the other ones to know. It isn't a direct comparison to 997, so I'd have to see the schematic. FWIW, for $390 options, I'd much rather err on the side of getting it all than missing something and being forever pissed....
Haha so true, we will make sure it's perfect

Originally Posted by Mirage
Geoff I am looking to build a 991S cab in sunny and hot AZ. What is the engine cooling for hot weather option? Never heard of it. Have a 06 911S cab and it gets overheated after its 110 degrees here!
I'm looking into it right now, but not finding a lot of information on it. It's standard when you do an order on the configurator for 2013's.

Originally Posted by DrgnTmr
Off the top of my head, that's $5600 worth of green stitching.
It'd certainly make the spec a real looker and as much as it would set off the black leather, I don't think you can get too much of a good thing in this instance.
Almost have to see all those options applied before you could determine if it should all be part of the package. A bit hard to visualize otherwise.
Great spec to date tho, look forward to seeing it.

Depending on how long the stitching takes to do, we are likely going to go with the GREEN HIGHLIGHTED options that Chris picked out.

Last edited by GeoffJr@Isringhausen; 08-03-2012 at 12:59 PM.
Old 08-03-2012 | 02:08 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
z356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by GeoffJr@Isringhausen
Green stitching and other stitching colors are not on the internal configurator, there are only set colors like Agate, Lime Gold, White, Black, Silver etc... I talked to our guy yesterday about this topic and he said that there are over 1,000 colors available for stitching, but only for the Z-Options, listed earlier in this thread. He helped to match the thread on the Chartreuse 4.0 #1/600 and said that there is a thread color for every single color that will match perfect or almost perfect. The only exclussion for these colors is the stitching on the seats, where you can only order their pre-selected set colors...Depending on how long the stitching takes to do, we are likely going to go with the GREEN HIGHLIGHTED options that Chris picked out.
Here are the Z-Options for stitching that are available on the internal configurator
Stitching
Stitching of front and rear seat with deviating thread
$1,100
Geoff: If the stitching in the seats (which is critical) can't be matched exactly the same to the other deviating stitching on the internal leather panels, what is the point?

Saludos,
Eduardo

Old 08-03-2012 | 02:26 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by Mirage
Geoff I am looking to build a 991S cab in sunny and hot AZ. What is the engine cooling for hot weather option? Never heard of it. Have a 06 911S cab and it gets overheated after its 110 degrees here!
I'm looking into it right now, but not finding a lot of information on it. It's standard when you do an order on the configurator for 2013's.
I don't believe the factory 'hot weather' package is standard on the MY2013 991 on the US market. This was designed for Middle East type desert climates and has an additional oil cooling radiator in the front bumper. If it's standard in US for MY2013, it would mean that this third 'center mounted' radiator would have to be included on every US car and that would conflict with the soon-to-be-announced optional 'Adaptive Cruise Control' which is located in exactly the same location on the front bumper! Besides, the bean counters at VW would never throw that expensive plumbing for free as a standard n/c on this market!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Shell Beach (near Pismo)

Old 08-03-2012 | 04:23 PM
|
Former Sponsor
GeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond repute
Geoff: If the stitching in the seats (which is critical) can't be matched exactly the same to the other deviating stitching on the internal leather panels, what is the point?

Saludos,
Eduardo
Just saying that you wouldn't be able to get the seats stitched in the "exclusive" deviating color, only door panels, dash, etc.

I don't believe the factory 'hot weather' package is standard on the MY2013 991 on the US market. This was designed for Middle East type desert climates and has an additional oil cooling radiator in the front bumper. If it's standard in US for MY2013, it would mean that this third 'center mounted' radiator would have to be included on every US car and that would conflict with the soon-to-be-announced optional 'Adaptive Cruise Control' which is located in exactly the same location on the front bumper! Besides, the bean counters at VW would never throw that expensive plumbing for free as a standard n/c on this market!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Shell Beach (near Pismo)
You're probably right, it showed up on the build when we did it and it wasn't something that we specially added. It will likely drop off once it goes into set planned production.

Old 08-03-2012 | 05:57 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Mirage has a spectacular aura aboutMirage has a spectacular aura aboutMirage has a spectacular aura aboutMirage has a spectacular aura aboutMirage has a spectacular aura aboutMirage has a spectacular aura aboutMirage has a spectacular aura aboutMirage has a spectacular aura aboutMirage has a spectacular aura aboutMirage has a spectacular aura aboutMirage has a spectacular aura about
Thanks for responding to my question on the hot weather option Geoff, I apreciate it!

Quick Reply: Stock Inventory Order Opinions: 991 Carrera S Coupe 7-Speed Manual PTS Signal Green