Notices
991 | 997 | 996 General Porsche Water Cooled 911 Discussion Forum.

Stock Inventory Order Opinions: 991 Carrera S Coupe 7-Speed Manual PTS Signal Green

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2012, 11:33 AM
Former Sponsor
GeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond repute
Post Stock Inventory Order Opinions: 991 Carrera S Coupe 7-Speed Manual PTS Signal Green

Hey guys, we're ordering a 991 Carrera S Coupe with a 7-Speed Manual Transmission in Paint to Sample Signal Green and wanted to hear what your thoughts/critiques were on how we have it spec'd out so far. We tried to keep the sticker price fairly low, while still hitting all the major must have stuff. Looking forward to hear what you have to say, thanks!

BSEMDL BASE 911 Carrera S 96,400.00
BDYCLR 98 ExterPaint to Sample Signal Green 5,500.00
TOPCLR 98 ExterPaint to Sample Signal Green .00
INTERI AZ Black leather interior 3,330.00
OPTION ZAB Ornamental Porsche Crest .00
OPTION 176 Sport Exhaust System 2,950.00
OPTION 640 Sport Chrono Package 1,850.00
OPTION 840 SportDesign steering wheel 250.00
OPTION 030 PASM Sport Suspension 890.00
OPTION XDA Wheels painted Black 1,635.00
OPTION ZAC No Sunroof .00
OPTION P05 Sport Seats Plus 800.00
OPTION 319 Engine Cooling for hot Climate .00
OPTION 320 Sport seats Plus (right) .00
OPTION P37 BOSE(R) Audio Package 2,420.00
OPTION 680 BOSE® Surround Sound-System .00
OPTION 690 SiriusXM(TM) & HD Radio tuners .00
OPTION 693 6 disc CD/DVD changer .00
OPTION 24931 Color to sample .00
OPTION 789 Exterior Paint to Sample Code .00
Total Options 116,025.00
Total Charges 950.00
Total Order.. 116,975.00

Old 08-02-2012, 11:39 AM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Depending on the cost, I'd add green deviating stitching - just enough color to break up the black and tie it all together. I'd also delete the "911 Carrera S" badge and just leave "PORSCHE" on the back. When you're done, call me when it comes in so I can buy it.

Old 08-02-2012, 11:42 AM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Chris adding those touches sounds awesome.

Old 08-02-2012, 11:49 AM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by DJ
Thanks - I really would buy it in that spec. I'd need a special TS and Isringhausen loyalty discount though...

Old 08-02-2012, 12:31 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Enrique will become famous soon enoughEnrique will become famous soon enoughEnrique will become famous soon enoughEnrique will become famous soon enoughEnrique will become famous soon enoughEnrique will become famous soon enoughEnrique will become famous soon enoughEnrique will become famous soon enough
Those specs. are perfect, as Chris said green stiching, 911 Carrera S badge delete and leave the Porsche letters in black, plus Posrche Aerokit and H&R springs

Old 08-02-2012, 12:38 PM
Neg Rep Zen Master
Marc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
Depending on the cost, I'd add green deviating stitching - just enough color to break up the black and tie it all together. I'd also delete the "911 Carrera S" badge and just leave "PORSCHE" on the back. When you're done, call me when it comes in so I can buy it.
Prefect ... this has me peaked...

Old 08-02-2012, 12:41 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
z356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond repute
'Signal Green' vs 'RS Green'

Originally Posted by GeoffJr@Isringhausen
Hey guys, we're ordering a 991 Carrera S Coupe with a 7-Speed Manual Transmission in Paint to Sample Signal Green and wanted to hear what your thoughts/critiques were on how we have it spec'd out so far.
Geoff: For the sake of accuracy, the photo in your post shows an 'RS Green' color gt3 RS, not 'Signal Green'. The 'colour code' for 'RS Green' is 2D8 and that is the color that has already been pre-approved for the 991 and 981 'Paint to Sample'. 'RS Green' is often referred as 'Signal Green' but that is inaccurate.

The original 'Signal Green' was introduced in 1966/67, very early in the history of the 911's. Color code then was 'R6001'. In 1968/69 is was '6829' and in 1970/71 was '7810'. Back in the late 60's and early 70's, 'Signal Green' was a 'Special Paint Color' and never offered as a 'Standard'. It has been quite a rare color from day one and not many original paint examples of early 911's have survived to the present in 'Signal Green'. To my knowledge, it was never offered again by the factory until 1991, although it's possible someone ordered it before via Paint to Sample in the interim period. From 1991 to 1993, Porsche did offer a 'Signal Green' in the 911, 928 and 968. That Porsche color code then for this color was 'L22S' / M1.

As far as modern Porsches in 'Signal Green' are concerned, Pioneer custom ordered (PTS) two 997's in that color in MY2007, mine being one of them! We don't know exactly what specific color the factory decided to 'copy' from its previous 'Signal Green', but most likely it was a version of the more modern '91/'93 color. 'Signal Green' has a lot of yellow in it and back in the 60's/70's quite a bit of lead was used to obtain the vibrancy of that color hue in the paint. Modern paint formulations change all the time and I am certain the formula for 'Signal Green' was upgraded in 2007. In any case, when the two cars finally arrived at Pioneer in the spring of 2007, they found that the color code that Porsche had assigned to the new 'Signal Green' paint was 'W25', not 'L22S' from '91''93!

Below is a photo of the MY2007 'Signal Green' Carrera S that Pioneer (P of San Diego) ordered on spec and was bought by a friend of mine around June of 2007. This is the car that I purchased from him in 2011. Original owner had Pioneer add a factory 'aerokit', so the front and rear bumpers/lid were color matched to the rest of the factory paint by Pioneer in the summer of 2007.

Loeber near Chicago and Porsche of West Houston decided to order their 'Green' 997's a year later, so they were MY2008. Turns out that the Loeber car was not 'Signal Green' as previously thought but 'RS Green'. That '08 911S currently belongs to a Rennlist member in the 997 forum.

http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforum...1-c2s-f77.html

MY2008 was the first year they allowed 'RS Orange' and 'RS Green' to be ordered via PTS on models other than the gt3 RS. PAG also offered a limited edition Boxster's and Cayman's in both of those colors in that model year! Now that we found out that the Loeber car is 'RS Green', I am not as confident about the color of 'Porsche of West Houston' '08 car. That was a 997S cabriolet ordered by the sales manager as his company car. It sat there for a year unsold due to its high MSRP price due to its many options. I was heavily discounted in '09 and finally sold. It recently turn up for resale in a suburb of Houston and has since sold. I have never seen that car in person so we would have to check its 'colour code' in the gas cap to verify its true color!

Many have confused 'Signal Green' with the color Porsche developed specifically for the 2007/2008 gt3 RS. That color is officially called 'RS Green' and has more blue in it than yellow! They are easy to tell apart when side by side. The second photo below is of my 'Signal Green' 997.1 alongside an 'RS Green' gt3 RS at an R Gruppe function which shows the contrast quite clearly! As I mentioned already, 'RS Green' also has a different code - 2D8 (J5). The latter is the color already approved for PTS on the 991 and 981!

I am sure this is more than you wanted to know about 'Signal Green', but I am sure you appreciate the distinction in the generic 'green' colors and will probably want to represent your future 991 order correctly. By the way, I love you are doing this. Since you are asking, I will study your specs and offer my suggestions in a different post!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Attached Images    
Old 08-02-2012, 01:03 PM
Former Sponsor
GeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by DJ
Originally Posted by Enrique
Those specs. are perfect, as Chris said green stiching, 911 Carrera S badge delete and leave the Porsche letters in black, plus Posrche Aerokit and H&R springs
Originally Posted by Marc
Prefect ... this has me peaked...
Thanks guys!!! Here are the Z-Options for stitching that are available on the internal configurator, which ones should we go with?

Stitching
Stitching of front and rear seat with deviating thread
$1,100

Stitching of dashboard with deviating thread
$390

Stitching door trim with deviating thread
$390

Stitching of door center panel with deviating thread
$390

Stitching of arm rest with deviating thread
$310

Stitching of door handles with deviating thread
$390

Stitching of rear side panel with deviating thread
$390

Stitching of dashboard deviating thread -individual-
$390

Stitching door trim deviating thread -individual-
$390

Stitching of center panel deviating thread
$390

Stitching of armrest deviating thread
$310

Stitching of door handles deviating thread
$390

Stitching of rear side panel deviating thread -individual-
$390
Thanks - I really would buy it in that spec. I'd need a special TS and Isringhausen loyalty discount though...
You got it!!!

Originally Posted by z356
Geoff: For the sake of accuracy, the photo in your post shows an 'RS Green' color gt3 RS, not 'Signal Green'. The 'colour code' for 'RS Green' is 2D8 and that is the color that has already been pre-approved for the 991 and 981 'Paint to Sample'. 'RS Green' is often referred as 'Signal Green' but that is inaccurate.

The original 'Signal Green' was introduced in 1966/67, very early in the history of the 911's. Color code then was 'R6001'. In 1968/69 is was '6829' and in 1970/71 was '7810'. Back in the late 60's and early 70's, 'Signal Green' was a 'Special Paint Color' and never offered as a 'Standard'. It has been quite a rare color from day one and not many original paint examples of early 911's have survived to the present in 'Signal Green'. To my knowledge, it was never offered again by the factory until 1991, although it's possible someone ordered it before via Paint to Sample in the interim period. From 1991 to 1993, Porsche did offer a 'Signal Green' in the 911, 928 and 968. That Porsche color code then for this color was 'L22S' / M1.

As far as modern Porsches in 'Signal Green' are concerned, Pioneer custom ordered (PTS) two 997's in that color in MY2007, mine being one of them! We don't know exactly what specific color the factory decided to 'copy' from its previous 'Signal Green', but most likely it was a version of the more modern '91/'93 color. 'Signal Green' has a lot of yellow in it and back in the 60's/70's quite a bit of lead was used to obtain the vibrancy of that color hue in the paint. Modern paint formulations change all the time and I am certain the formula for 'Signal Green' was upgraded in 2007. In any case, when the two cars finally arrived at Pioneer in the spring of 2007, they found that the color code that Porsche had assigned to the new 'Signal Green' paint was 'W25', not 'L22S' from '91''93!

Below is a photo of the MY2007 'Signal Green' Carrera S that Pioneer (P of San Diego) ordered on spec and was bought by a friend of mine around June of 2007. This is the car that I purchased from him in 2011. Original owner had Pioneer add a factory 'aerokit', so the front and rear bumpers/lid were color matched to the rest of the factory paint by Pioneer in the summer of 2007.

Loeber near Chicago and Porsche of West Houston decided to order their 'Green' 997's a year later, so they were MY2008. Turns out that the Loeber car was not 'Signal Green' as previously thought but 'RS Green'. That '08 911S currently belongs to a Rennlist member in the 997 forum.

http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforum...1-c2s-f77.html

MY2008 was the first year they allowed 'RS Orange' and 'RS Green' to be ordered via PTS on models other than the gt3 RS. PAG also offered a limited edition Boxster's and Cayman's in both of those colors in that model year! Now that we found out that the Loeber car is 'RS Green', I am not as confident about the color of 'Porsche of West Houston' '08 car. That was a 997S cabriolet ordered by the sales manager as his company car. It sat there for a year unsold due to its high MSRP price due to its many options. I was heavily discounted in '09 and finally sold. It recently turn up for resale in a suburb of Houston and has since sold. I have never seen that car in person so we would have to check its 'colour code' in the gas cap to verify its true color!

Many have confused 'Signal Green' with the color Porsche developed specifically for the 2007/2008 gt3 RS. That color is officially called 'RS Green' and has more blue in it than yellow! They are easy to tell apart when side by side. The second photo below is of my 'Signal Green' 997.1 alongside an 'RS Green' gt3 RS at an R Gruppe function which shows the contrast quite clearly! As I mentioned already, 'RS Green' also has a different code - 2D8 (J5). The latter is the color already approved for PTS on the 991 and 981!

I am sure this is more than you wanted to know about 'Signal Green', but I am sure you appreciate the distinction in the generic 'green' colors and will probably want to represent your future 991 order correctly. By the way, I love you are doing this. Since you are asking, I will study your specs and offer my suggestions in a different post!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Thank you very much for this insightful input! RS Green is what we are going for, not Signal Green, so we will certainly make the switch.

I just talked to our rep at Porsche.Us and he confirmed that 2D8 is RS Green and already an approved color, so we are going with it!

Old 08-02-2012, 01:05 PM
Teamspeed Pro
joshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond repute
This car's going to be spectacular. I say do it Chris!

Old 08-02-2012, 01:06 PM
Ara
Teamspeed Pro
Ara has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond repute
That's going to look incredible. Can't wait to see it!

Quick Reply: Stock Inventory Order Opinions: 991 Carrera S Coupe 7-Speed Manual PTS Signal Green