Notices
991 | 997 | 996 General Porsche Water Cooled 911 Discussion Forum.

Custom Ordering a 991, 'Porsche Exclusive' and you!

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2012, 09:12 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
SPEEDANDTECH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SPEEDANDTECH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SPEEDANDTECH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SPEEDANDTECH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SPEEDANDTECH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SPEEDANDTECH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SPEEDANDTECH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SPEEDANDTECH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SPEEDANDTECH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SPEEDANDTECH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SPEEDANDTECH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by z356
Well, I am not a machine. But remember, I am from California and you can't presume I am a man either. We have three recognized genders at the present time in the Golden State and our politicians are always looking for innovative & expensive ways to create awareness to the 'diversity' in our midst! So you'll never know until you open the door!

Saludos,
Eduardo
lol. but i love california.

Old 09-18-2012, 01:27 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
z356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond repute
New Bi-Color Offering in the 991!

I have been alerted by 'sfo' over at Rennlist that the Porsche UK website is now offering one of the customized Bi-Colors that I talked about in a previous post. The new addition is 'Black/Luxor Beige'. The first photo below is of the UK website. The website has not even placed a color representation in the box and it's simply marked with an X! However, when you press the X, it tells you that 'Black/Luxor Beige Bi-Colour leather interior' is being selected. The option code is BL . Price appears to be the same as the other already announced 991 Bi-Colors (Agate/Pebble & Black/Platinum). The big question mark to me is if this option will incorporate a deviating stitching in 'Luxor Beige' for the 'black' dash and the 'black' top of door trim like what Porsche provides on the other two Bi-Color offerings! That will make it a doubly good deal!

Photo #2 is what happens when this Bi-Color option is not offered and dealer orders just 'deviating dash & top of door trim in black' thinking all the dash plastic pieces will match the adjacent black leather!

I sincerely hope that Bi-Color 'Black/Carrera Red' is offered real soon in every Porsche market! It is surely needed! I assume we will see this new Bi-Color 'Black/Luxor Beige' appear shortly in the PCNA website!

Saludos,
Eduardo

Attached Images   
Old 09-19-2012, 08:59 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Haku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond repute
A nice piece on Downshift-Motortrend about customizing at Porsche Exclusive Center.

Building Your Customized Dream Porsche on The Downshift - WOT on Motor Trend

Old 02-27-2013, 11:00 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Dave(MA) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA) has a reputation beyond repute
Hi Eduardo,
Trying to spec out a interior with Espresso natural leather interior and Luxor beige deviating stitch.
Any recent updates on if deviating stitch is available for these options?

Storage compartment lid with Porsche Crest
Steering column casing in leather
Rear center tunnel in leather with decorative stitching
Sport Seats Plus backrests shell in leather

Old 02-27-2013, 11:49 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
z356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Dave(MA)
Hi Eduardo, Trying to spec out a interior with Espresso natural leather interior and Luxor beige deviating stitch. Any recent updates on if deviating stitch is available for these options?
Dave, I retired from my self-imposed assignment re: 'custom ordering' shortly after I wrote this last post in September of 2012. I was not getting the cooperation from Sascha Glaeser at 'Porsche Exclusive' that I felt I needed in order to inform the forum of what could, or could not, be ordered. Sadly, nobody has taken the 'torch' and moved it forward. I don't know the answers to your questions. I have not read yet of anyone getting stitching in those areas on a 991, nor seeing photos of it on their cars. Suggest you contact 'Porsche Exclusive' in the US or Germany directly and inquire.

On a personal note, I have gone in a different direction. I cancelled my plans to custom order a 991 (PTS, etc.) and moved on...to an R8. I am now starting to learn more about 'Audi Exclusive'. Good luck with your order.

Saludos,
Eduardo

Old 02-27-2013, 03:28 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Dave(MA) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA) has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by z356
Dave, I retired from my self-imposed assignment re: 'custom ordering' shortly after I wrote this last post in September of 2012. I was not getting the cooperation from Sascha Glaeser at 'Porsche Exclusive' that I felt I needed in order to inform the forum of what could, or could not, be ordered. Sadly, nobody has taken the 'torch' and moved it forward. I don't know the answers to your questions. I have not read yet of anyone getting stitching in those areas on a 991, nor seeing photos of it on their cars. Suggest you contact 'Porsche Exclusive' in the US or Germany directly and inquire.

On a personal note, I have gone in a different direction. I cancelled my plans to custom order a 991 (PTS, etc.) and moved on...to an R8. I am now starting to learn more about 'Audi Exclusive'. Good luck with your order.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Eduardo,
Thank you for providing all the Porsche information in the past. Funny you mentioned R8, That's my other option. Given the cost of the 991 C4S and upcoming turbo, the pricing is very similar. I've seen the 2014 order guide and now that the S tronic is available along with Diamond Stitch Full Leather package, the R8 is a definite possibility, lots of options in this price range

Old 02-27-2013, 03:42 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by Dave(MA)
Eduardo,
Thank you for providing all the Porsche information in the past. Funny you mentioned R8, That's my other option. Given the cost of the 991 C4S and upcoming turbo, the pricing is very similar. I've seen the 2014 order guide and now that the S tronic is available along with Diamond Stitch Full Leather package, the R8 is a definite possibility, lots of options in this price range
Yes...and there are fabulous deals right now on left-over 'new' MY2012 R8's in US dealer inventories!

https://teamspeed.com/forums/perform...long-read.html

Audi has 'trunk money' on the remaining '12 R8's. $25K reduction from MSRP is presently a common occurrence! One fellow in R8Talk reported a recent purchase of a '12 R8 v10 manual Coupe for nearly $33K below MSRP. So if you don't insist on waiting for the new S-Tronic transmission on the revised '14 R8 about to arrive, there are fantastic deals right now on used and new R8's- better than I have ever seen before since its introduction in MY2008!

Saludos,
Eduardo

Old 12-16-2013, 11:39 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
I found this old message from Dave (MA) in my notifications. Sorry that I had not noticed it until today. The message (with the photo of the Singer 911) asked:

"Hi,
I know you've move on to a R8,
I was wondering if you knew what this color was? I saw it in the Singer 911 gallery and I really like it, maybe for PTS on the GT3 for a retro look"

Dave: It looks to me like its close to the old 1959 356 'Stone Grey' or the more recent Paint-to-Sample 'Man from Chile Grey'. If you want to be 100% sure, just contact Singer and they will let you know exactly what color they used!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Attached Images    

Last edited by z356; 12-16-2013 at 11:41 PM.
Old 12-17-2013, 12:03 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Part 1 - Dual Tone 'Black / Carrera Red' interiors on a 991

For those of you that are not as familiar with the ins & outs of the 'Black/Red' interior possibilities, let me explain in greater detail. When the 991 first came out, Porsche didn't offer a proper & official dual tone 'Black/Carrera Red' interior leather option. At first the dual tones were limited to 'Agate/Pebble' and 'Black/Platinum'. Later on they added 'Black/Luxor Beige'. And recently 'Espresso/Cognac' became an option on all 991's as well. But 'Black/Carrera Red' Dual Tone remained missing from the option list until just recently, when it was offered on new 911 Turbo S. It is, however, not offered as a 'Dual Tone' color package on any other 911 model, including the expensive base Turbo model!

Early on, creative Porsche dealers tried to design their own combination of 'Black/Carrera Red' in their custom orders of 991's. They initially chose to request, at a cost, a 'deviating color' (e.g. Black) on the dash in an otherwise full leather 'Carrera Red' interior vehicle. This was the optical disaster, with the plastic trim pieces in the dash still in 'Carrera Red' but with the leather dash in black! (see first & second photo attached below). Before Porsche set up a dual tone 'Black/Luxor Beige' option, dealers were also experimenting with their own custom 'Black/Luxor Beige' combinations, with similar disastrous results! (third photo attached).

Now, with the available 'Black/Luxor Beige' dual option, you get a black dash with proper dash trim in black, top part of door panels in black and top part of rear side panels in black too. The dash, and other black top panels in door and rear are done in deviating stitching of 'Luxor Beige'. And you then have a wonderful & proper dual tone interior, with deviating stitching in key visible parts! And all for $430 more than your basic, dull all 'Black' full leather interior! That is it. Just a $430 additional cost for all of that, including the deviating stitching!

Photos #4 to #8 below are of what Porsche would have done for you had they provided a proper dual tone 'Black/Carrera Red' interior for ALL 991's. This dual tone is a no cost option on the expensive Turbo S, but it's not offered yet on any other 991 version. It apparently includes leather on the back of the seats, which is not normally included in any other normal 'dual tone' offering. But you get the drift. It would include the deviating stitching in 'Red' on the black leather portions of the interior - dash, top of doors and rear panels. Since it has a component which is Natural/Special leather (the 'Carrera Red' portions), Porsche (should it ever offer this combo on a regular 991) might feel the need to charge more than the $430 cost of the 'Black/Luxor Beige', 'Black/Platinum' or 'Agate/Pebble'. But it would probably cost less than the $1940 for the optional 'Espresso/Cognac', since both of those leathers are 'Natural/Special' quality and 'Black/Carrera Red' includes only one 'Natural/Special' component!

Part 2 on next post!

Eduardo
Carmel

Attached Images         
Old 12-17-2013, 12:17 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Part 2 - Dual Tone 'Black / Carrera Red' interiors on a 991

Recently, we have seen Sonnen Porsche in Northern California ordered several of their 991's in a very creative way! The object was to get 'around' the problem that a proper dual tone 'Black/Carrera Red' is not offered officially by Porsche to most of its 991 customers. Unlike the dealers that ordered the interiors of the first two photos from the previous post #1 ('Carrera Red' interior with deviating dash in 'Black' Leather), Sonnen instead has ordered a full 'Black' Leather interior with deviating seats in 'Carrera Red' leather! Photos 1, 2 & 3 below are of a Coupe. Photos 4 & 5 are of a Cabriolet.

Lets take for example a 2014 Rhodium coupe currently in their inventory (see invoice below). For the seats in deviating 'Carrera Red' leather, Porsche charged only $1500! For the deviating red stitching on the dash, Sonnen was charged $390. For the deviating red stitching on the top of the doors, an extra $390. For the deviating stitching at the top of rear side panels, another extra $390. Sonnen has other options in this vehicle, but for the purpose of comparison with the standard 'dual tone' package, let's stop there. In their custom 'Black/Carrera Red' coupe's interior, the Sonnen's vehicle does NOT have a contrasting 'Carrera Red' panels in the doors, rear panels or center console area as you would normally find in a proper 'dual tone' package like the one in the attached photos. But the 'look' Sonnen achieves is very attractive and might appeal to those that do not mind less 'Carrera Red' rather than more - as found in the factory dual tone Porsche package of Turbo S! If you like the official dual tone look better, Porsche might even allow you to order deviating bottom door panels and rear panels in 'Carrera Red'. But just imagine the total cost to execute what it normally offered by Porsche for just $430 extra on most of its other dual tone packages! $$$

Bottom line: Sonnen's custom order is innovative...but expensive! The four deviating items on his coupe order are $2670! If Porsche would have instead offered a reasonably priced dual tone Black/Carrera Red', it's cost might be $1000, or perhaps even less, closer to the $430 it asks for its attractive dual tone 'Black/Luxor Beige'!

Saludos,
Eduardo

PS (a) Another saving in Sonnen's spec is that he doesn't pay nearly $800 extra for having to order deviating color on his carpet. On a Black leather interior, that comes automatically in 'Black'. If you order a 'Carrera Red' interior, the carpet comes automatically in 'Carrera Red'. However, in the 'dual tone' 'Black/Carrera Red' package for the Turbo S, Porsche wisely throws the 'Black' carpet into the program as standard. Logic would follow then that should Porsche offer this dual tone combo on regular 991's at some future date, the carpet would be 'black' at no extra cost to those ordering this dual tone combo!

PS (b) One way to overcome the 'red colored plastic trim' on a deviating black leather dash on a Carrera Red full leather interior is to order 'CZW' in 'Black Leather'. However, remember this adds an additional $1710 to the cost (which does not include the additional cost of adding a dash in deviating black leather to your order in the first place!). The point in all of this discussion is that Porsche could make 'Black/Carrera Red' much simpler to all of its customers that find this a very attractive & practical (less glare on the windshield) interior combination. And Porsche could offer this combo as a standard 'dual tone', with deviating stitching and contrasting color panels, for a very realistic price too! Let's hope they do so in the .2 991 mid-model change coming up!

PS (c) By the way, it appears to me as if Porsche charged Sonnen for something they didn't get on the Rhodium Coupe (see invoice below). They charged them $1100 for option 24891 in the coupe, but not on the Basalt Black Cabriolet (see cab's invoice below). Neither vehicle's seats have deviating stitching. So the charge is redundant.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________

991120 911 Carrera S 98,900.00 USD
S2 Rhodium Silver Metallic 710.00 USD
AZ Leather Interior in Black 3,690.00 USD
00471 Rear Seat Backrest Covered in Carpet (Engine Side) Black Black 0.00 USD
24891 Seat Stitching in Deviating Thread (Front and Rear) Carrera Red Carrera Red 1,100.00 USD
24901 Dashboard Stitching in Deviating Thread Carrera Red Carrera Red 390.00 USD
24902 Upper Door Trim Stitching in Deviating Thread Carrera Red Carrera Red 390.00 USD
24905 Rear Side Panel Stitching in Deviating Thread Carrera Red Carrera Red 390.00 USD
250 Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK) 4,080.00 USD
25241 Seats in Deviating Standard Leather (Front and Rear) Carrera Red Carrera Red 1,500.00 USD
446 Wheel Center Caps with Full-Color Porsche Crest 185.00 USD
636 ParkAssist (Front and Rear) 990.00 USD
640 Sport Chrono Package 2,370.00 USD
651 Sunroof 1,490.00 USD
840 SportDesign Steering Wheel 490.00 USD
90027 Steering Column Casing in Leather, Stitching in Deviating Th Carrera Red Carrera Red 80.00 USD
DAR Exterior Package Painted 1,815.00 USD
P06 Power Sport Seats (14-way) with Memory Package 2,320.00 USD
P3E Premium Package Plus i.c.w. Power Sport Seats (14-way) 2,330.00 USD
P3H BOSE Audio Package 2,120.00 USD
XEX Bi-Xenon tm Headlights in Black incl. PDLS 715.00 USD
XNS Steering Column Casing in Leather 465.00 USD
ZAB Ornamental Porsche Crest 0.00 USD
ZS1 Deviated Stitching Package 0.00 USD

__________________________________________________ ______________

991320 911 Carrera S Cabriolet 110,800.00 USD
Z4 Basalt Black Metallic 710.00 USD
AZ Leather Interior in Black 3,690.00 USD
1V Cabriolet Roof in Black 0.00 USD
00471 Rear Seat Backrest Covered in Carpet (Engine Side) Black Black 0.00 USD
24901 Dashboard Stitching in Deviating Thread Carrera Red Carrera Red 390.00 USD
24902 Upper Door Trim Stitching in Deviating Thread Carrera Red Carrera Red 390.00 USD
24905 Rear Side Panel Stitching in Deviating Thread Carrera Red Carrera Red 390.00 USD
250 Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK) 4,080.00 USD
25241 Seats in Deviating Standard Leather (Front and Rear) Carrera Red Carrera Red 1,500.00 USD
26741 Door Center Panel Stitching in Deviating Thread Carrera Red Carrera Red 390.00 USD
26751 Armrest Stitching in Deviating Thread Carrera Red Carrera Red 310.00 USD
26761 Door Handle Stitching in Deviating Thread Carrera Red Carrera Red 390.00 USD
427 20-inch Carrera Classic Wheel 1,170.00 USD
446 Wheel Center Caps with Colored Porsche Crest 185.00 USD
636 ParkAssist (Front and Rear) 380.00 USD
640 Sport Chrono Package 2,370.00 USD
748 Power Folding Side Mirrors 320.00 USD
840 SportDesign Steering Wheel 490.00 USD
90027 Steering Column Casing in Leather, Stitching in Deviating Th Carrera Red Carrera Red 80.00 USD
CGJ Sport Chrono Clock Dial in White 500.00 USD
DAR Exterior Package Painted 1,815.00 USD
EEJ Carbon Interior Package (i.c.w. Leather Interior & PDK) 1,990.00 USD
P06 Power Sport Seats (14-way) with Memory Package 2,320.00 USD
P3E Premium Package Plus i.c.w. Power Sport Seats (14-way) 2,330.00 USD
P3H BOSE Audio Package 2,120.00 USD
XEX Bi-Xenon tm Headlights in Black incl. PDLS 715.00 USD
XFJ Instrument Dials in White 860.00 USD
XHM Center Console Trim in Carbon 630.00 USD
XNS Steering Column Casing in Leather 465.00 USD
XSX Seat Belts in Guards Red 540.00 US

Attached Images      

Last edited by z356; 12-17-2013 at 12:31 AM.

Quick Reply: Custom Ordering a 991, 'Porsche Exclusive' and you!