Notices
991 | 997 | 996 General Porsche Water Cooled 911 Discussion Forum.

New Pics of the GTS w/ Black Stone Guards

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2012, 12:26 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
New Pics of the GTS w/ Black Stone Guards

I finally had my black stone guards installed and cleaned her up real good, so thought I'd post some pics and get your feedback. I used the Porsche Bug Remover (or whatever they call it) before washing her, and I love it. The front end and side mirrors haven't been this clean since I bought her.

To be honest, I'm not sold on the stone guards. I like the added retro look and they seem to add a sportier look as well, but the car looked so much cleaner, and even longer with the clears. They also seem to accentuate how much the car needs spacers...but as CLs, spacers aren't an option.

Tell me what you think. I'm also working on a couple of subtle interior updates over the next couple of weeks...more to come:

Exterior Mods:
Black Stone Guards (Suncoast)
Black Center Caps (BumperPlugs)
Front Intake Screens (Rennline)
Clear Side Markers (Dealer)
Silver Hood Crest (can't remember)

Attached Images      
Old 05-14-2012, 12:38 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
GregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond repute
Nice and clean. The clear tails look good with the silver.
I think the GTS is the only model that can pull off the black stone guards, and the speedster obviously.

Old 05-14-2012, 12:42 PM
Teamspeed Pro
997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by GregV
Nice and clean. The clear tails look good with the silver.
I think the GTS is the only model that can pull off the black stone guards, and the speedster obviously.
Agreed love the GTS with the stone guards!

Old 05-14-2012, 06:08 PM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
very very good looking!!!

so clean and appealing that it gives any 991 a hard time

Old 05-14-2012, 07:34 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
GreenLantern You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GreenLantern You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GreenLantern You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GreenLantern You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GreenLantern You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GreenLantern You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GreenLantern You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GreenLantern You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GreenLantern You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GreenLantern You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GreenLantern You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Looking very hot, indeed.

Thanks for the pics!

Old 05-14-2012, 07:37 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Looks great! Ever think about the front lip like the speedster?

Old 05-14-2012, 07:48 PM
DBV
Teamspeed Senior Member
DBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond repute
Beautiful GTS. Not too wild about the black guards though. Trade the stone guards for a euro rear bumper or ducktail.

Old 05-14-2012, 09:15 PM
sean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond repute
Ditch the guards and you have one clean car!

Old 05-14-2012, 10:04 PM
Teamspeed Member
Brandon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Brandon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Brandon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Brandon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Brandon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Brandon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Brandon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Brandon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Brandon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Brandon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Brandon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by sean73T
Ditch the guards and you have one clean car!
+1 .....

Great looking garage doors.

Old 05-14-2012, 10:38 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by Brandon
+1 .....

Great looking garage doors.
Thanks. I worked my a$$ off a few months ago sanding them down and re-staining. It took another month to get most of the freakin dust out of every corner of the garage. I'm glad all that work was worth it.

Quick Reply: New Pics of the GTS w/ Black Stone Guards