Notices
991 | 997 | 996 General Porsche Water Cooled 911 Discussion Forum.

New Pics of the GTS w/ Black Stone Guards

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2012 | 08:49 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
GS997S is an unknown quantity at this point
Good decision going back to the clears.

Old 05-21-2012 | 04:30 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by dallascajun
Executive Decision: Black Stone Guards are coming off...just submitted the order with Suncoast for the clears. More $$$ down the drain...oh well.

The more I compared the two, the more I realized I preferred the clean look I had with the clears, especially with the clear tails & platinum silver. I think they look great on the white cars I've seen, but they just don't do it for me on my car.

Too bad those things aren't reusable...
good call, how about painted speedster lip? ;-)

Old 05-21-2012 | 07:20 PM
|
Teamspeed Senior Member
dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
No Speedster lip, but I'm working on some new wheels...hopefully get them ordered this week and have them installed in July.

Old 05-23-2012 | 11:59 PM
|
Teamspeed Senior Member
dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
As of this afternoon, the black stone guards are no more. It took a grand total of 30 minutes to replace with the clears:

- use (wife's) hair dryer to help remove black guard
- clean the area with soap/water mixture
- spray area liberally with soap/water
- pull new stone guard from paper and spray sticky side with soap/water
- slide new stone guard into place
- use squeegee to push all bubbles out
- go to other side of car and repeat

Very easy job and doesn't appear to have any bubbles formed. Now it's time to get some new wheels ordered to fill out those rear hips!