Notices
991 | 997 | 996 General Porsche Water Cooled 911 Discussion Forum.

2012 Launch Edition 991 Carrera S Coupes Make Their Arrival!

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2012 | 06:43 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
rijowysock is a jewel in the roughrijowysock is a jewel in the roughrijowysock is a jewel in the roughrijowysock is a jewel in the roughrijowysock is a jewel in the roughrijowysock is a jewel in the roughrijowysock is a jewel in the roughrijowysock is a jewel in the roughrijowysock is a jewel in the roughrijowysock is a jewel in the roughrijowysock is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Carrera
The best angle is from dead on in the front, and from the side. Thanks for the pictures!

BTW, WTF is up with all of these buttons!!??

14 way seats..

i drove the same car as silver one today and it's amazing, better than any 911 i've ever driven... not as pure as the original 911's but a true luxury sports car..

so glad i ordered one back in november because as soon as these start seeing the streets the order forms are going to be backordered like no other..

now i just got to wait for my build date and a month on the boat.

Old 01-25-2012 | 06:46 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
rijowysock is a jewel in the roughrijowysock is a jewel in the roughrijowysock is a jewel in the roughrijowysock is a jewel in the roughrijowysock is a jewel in the roughrijowysock is a jewel in the roughrijowysock is a jewel in the roughrijowysock is a jewel in the roughrijowysock is a jewel in the roughrijowysock is a jewel in the roughrijowysock is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by MexicoBlue
I love it. The car looks great in pictures. Can't wait to see one in person.
you NEED one rus, drove one today and it's out of this world... i almost said screw it on my custom order and bought the one they had on the lot.....

most of the options on the launch cars are superfluous however... the 14 way seats are overkill and the sunroof is silly....

Old 01-25-2012 | 07:47 PM
Teamspeed Pro
997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute
This is my new 5 year plan in GT3RS form

Old 01-25-2012 | 09:13 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
dsanto is an unknown quantity at this point
Love the look except with the sunroof opened. I know it gives more room inside but sure is ugly!!

Old 01-25-2012 | 10:20 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
silverc2s will become famous soon enoughsilverc2s will become famous soon enoughsilverc2s will become famous soon enoughsilverc2s will become famous soon enoughsilverc2s will become famous soon enoughsilverc2s will become famous soon enoughsilverc2s will become famous soon enoughsilverc2s will become famous soon enough
I had a blast taking the car out last night with Geoff Jr. It quite possibly is the most fun I've had in a street car. Not only is the car very fast but it feels fast. The sound of the PSE was simply amazing and just added to the experience. For my tastes it was perfect. The car is too hard to describe as individual components but it's more of the whole experience. You have to drive it to understand. I can't wait until mine shows up which should be in a couple of weeks. Car is completed waiting to get on a boat.

Yellow/ Black
PSE, PDCC, Yellow belts, PCCB, 5mm Spacers, Full leather, Sunroof DELETE, Crests in Headrest, Sport Chrono, Power Steering Plus, Telephone module, Burmester, Entry and Drive, Adaptive seats with heat and vent, Dynamic Lights, and the coolest option of all........Painted Key which I of course will have to clear bra. Will get Ducktail when available and clear turn signals should be waiting for me in parts when the car gets here. Geoff Jr. you can chime in if I forgot any options.

Old 01-25-2012 | 10:54 PM
Teamspeed Member
SpeedRob is on a distinguished roadSpeedRob is on a distinguished road
Any non-S's around? Just wondering how it compares. It's 10k less in Canada and still seems to have lots of goodies standard.

Old 01-25-2012 | 11:48 PM
Teamspeed Pro
iLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond repute
SOOO Sikkkkkk

Old 01-26-2012 | 12:04 AM
Teamspeed Member
uhn2000 will become famous soon enoughuhn2000 will become famous soon enoughuhn2000 will become famous soon enoughuhn2000 will become famous soon enoughuhn2000 will become famous soon enoughuhn2000 will become famous soon enoughuhn2000 will become famous soon enoughuhn2000 will become famous soon enough
Was in one today, the engine sound with or without PSE is incredible! It's a definitely a 911 but looks smoother and more exotic. Can't wait for the wide body C4S!

Old 01-26-2012 | 02:16 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by SpeedRob
Any non-S's around? Just wondering how it compares. It's 10k less in Canada and still seems to have lots of goodies standard.
nothing built till march for base models.

Old 01-26-2012 | 08:36 AM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by silverc2s

Yellow/ Black
PSE, PDCC, Yellow belts, PCCB, 5mm Spacers, Full leather, Sunroof DELETE, Crests in Headrest, Sport Chrono, Power Steering Plus, Telephone module, Burmester, Entry and Drive, Adaptive seats with heat and vent, Dynamic Lights, and the coolest option of all........Painted Key which I of course will have to clear bra. Will get Ducktail when available and clear turn signals should be waiting for me in parts when the car gets here. Geoff Jr. you can chime in if I forgot any options.
great spec!!

and glad you chose full leather..
imo the 991 is a bit "plastic-heavy" when you leave out the full leather option

Quick Reply: 2012 Launch Edition 991 Carrera S Coupes Make Their Arrival!