Notices
991 | 997 | 996 General Porsche Water Cooled 911 Discussion Forum.

Porsche aims to doubles sales of 911 with 2012 model year

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2011, 10:27 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Post Porsche aims to doubles sales of 911 with 2012 model year

I just saw this article on eGMCarTech and it seemed a little questionable. No doubt that Porsche wants to increase sales, but Porsche has seemed to be managing supply in order to maintain demand, thus maintaining price by reducing discounts. I'm not sure the 991 will sell at the rates that these numbers show...

Which may mean 991 discounts and 997s holding their values...a good thing all around.

Porsche aims to doubles sales of 911 with 2012 model year

"Sources within Porsche management say that the company plans on selling 40,000 units a year of the latest 2012 911 sports coupe over the model’s lifecycle. That figure is double when compared to that of 2010.

Last year, Porsche sold 20,000 units of the 911, its flagship model.

If Porsche does end up selling more than 40,000 units of the new 2012 911 Carrera – that will make it the ‘most successful 911 of all time.’

The 2012 Porsche 911 Carrera will hit dealerships in Europe in Dec. and in the United States in March 2012."

Source:
Porsche aims to doubles sales of 911 with 2012 model year | egmCarTech

Old 09-12-2011, 10:52 AM
Teamspeed Pro
djantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond repute
Porsche marketing is pretty good. I would expect 991 to meet that goal. The car is a huge leap forward, more than any new model to date.

Old 09-12-2011, 12:10 PM
Teamspeed Member
mkultra You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!mkultra You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!mkultra You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!mkultra You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!mkultra You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!mkultra You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!mkultra You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!mkultra You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!mkultra You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!mkultra You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!mkultra You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
20k in sales at the end of model run where most knew of a model redesign, makes me believe 40k is achievable. Porsche is determined to do volume, which unfortunately for me, is a huge turnoff in spending 6 figures on a car.

Old 09-12-2011, 12:21 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by mkultra
20k in sales at the end of model run where most knew of a model redesign, makes me believe 40k is achievable. Porsche is determined to do volume, which unfortunately for me, is a huge turnoff in spending 6 figures on a car.
I would not worry about the volume. 20 vs 40 k is no difference in terms of how rare your car will be. Porsches If you are that worried about exclusivity, get a gt2 RS or gt3 4.0. 100k does not buy you low volume.

Old 09-12-2011, 01:22 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Axxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond repute
I'm not confident that Porsche can reach that sales goal considering how much more the 991 costs over the 997.

A well-optioned 2011 C2S stickers in the low $100K's. A well-optioned 2013 C2S stickers for around $125K.

To me, that is a big jump.