Notices
991 | 997 | 996 General Porsche Water Cooled 911 Discussion Forum.

Swapping Console Lid

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 09:05 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Yacht Lights is a name known to allYacht Lights is a name known to allYacht Lights is a name known to allYacht Lights is a name known to allYacht Lights is a name known to allYacht Lights is a name known to allYacht Lights is a name known to allYacht Lights is a name known to allYacht Lights is a name known to allYacht Lights is a name known to allYacht Lights is a name known to all
Originally Posted by dallascajun
Leaning towards Sharkwerks but also considering AWE. At this point I'm not sold that the exhaust sound is that much improved to warrant the change. Given that I'm leasing my GTS (but planning to purchase once the lease expires), spending a lot on any mods is questionable at best.
I went with the Fabspeed on mine love the sound. If you have any questions pm me.

Old 05-02-2011, 11:02 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Thanks everyone for the comments. It literally took me 5 minutes to do the swap, and that was just because I was being so careful to not drop any of the screws between the seats! I'm a believer that the smallest details make the biggest impression, and this is one of those details that I love.

Now on to the exhaust...

Old 05-03-2011, 10:50 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Yacht Lights is a name known to allYacht Lights is a name known to allYacht Lights is a name known to allYacht Lights is a name known to allYacht Lights is a name known to allYacht Lights is a name known to allYacht Lights is a name known to allYacht Lights is a name known to allYacht Lights is a name known to allYacht Lights is a name known to allYacht Lights is a name known to all
So what exhaust did you pick? ANy pick of the lid?

Old 05-04-2011, 07:32 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
I still haven't bought an exhaust, but leaning towards the SW Bypass. I'll be in the Bay Area next week, so planning on stopping by their shop. Something tells me I won't be able to resist.

As for the Console Lid, I got the Alcantara w/ Porsche Logo. It looks really good with everything else. I'm hoping the weather will allow me to clean her up this weekend so that I can take some better pics, inside & out.