Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Issue with TPM when swapping wheels

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2010, 07:26 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
BBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond repute
Issue with TPM when swapping wheels

I have two sets of wheels for my 2011 GT3 RS. I just put the second set of wheels on the car with fresh tires for my upcoming weekend at WGI. The TPM won't sync. I tried setting it on summer tires and even switched back and forth between summer and winter to see if I could get some type of sync.

1) I set the tire type in the TPM menu to Summer
2) System says process complete
3) Tire indicator lights up in speedo and flashes for about 1 minute. Display says TPM in learning mode Pressure monitoring inactive.
4) After a minute tire symbol stays lit steady.
5) A couple of minutes later, the TPM learning message disappears, and a red exclamation (see message screen) lights up with the tire symbol still steady.
6) The display now reads TPM inactive. Message screen also says the same thing.

I put over fifty miles on the car after setting up learn mode the first time. I also tried it six additional times. It just won't see the sensors.

The sensors are brand new and the correct part number.

Any ideas?

Old 08-20-2010, 10:17 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
If you did the setup while driving, it should've worked. My guess is you have a bad sensor or relay. Have you asked your dealer to check it?

The other option (a little more annoying) is to pull the battery cable and reset the car. I had to do that after a dyno run in my old 911. It fixed everything...

Old 08-20-2010, 10:19 PM
Teamspeed Member
erazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud of
sounds like the second set of wheels has the wrong frequency sensors?

Old 08-20-2010, 10:23 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by erazer72
sounds like the second set of wheels has the wrong frequency sensors?
That's a good suggestion, too. Definitely worth checking at the dealer.

Old 08-21-2010, 04:42 PM
Teamspeed Member
erazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud of
if you can give me the part number used in the second set i can tell you if they are correct. I will also need your vin.

Old 09-07-2010, 02:28 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
dougsharpe is an unknown quantity at this point
2007 turbo 997 TPM failure

Can you tell me what happened? my car has been in the shop with the same issue; no one can figure out what is wrong at this point...