Notices
991 | 997 | 996 General Porsche Water Cooled 911 Discussion Forum.

Black Editions: End of an era, or 997 refined??

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2011, 09:47 AM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Joe Allis You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Joe Allis You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Joe Allis You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Joe Allis You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Joe Allis You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Joe Allis You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Joe Allis You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Joe Allis You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Joe Allis You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Joe Allis You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Joe Allis You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Black Editions: End of an era, or 997 refined??

As a Porsche dealer we always look for thoughts about new product, or more appropriately, the end of the old product. I can honestly say that the GTS Carrera is probably the best car I've ever driven. Do you think the Black edition is the way for the 997 to make an exit? Is the Black edition buyer the investor? the collector? the PURE enthusiast?

Last edited by Joe Allis; 02-15-2011 at 09:47 AM. Reason: Subject line error
Old 02-15-2011, 09:49 AM
Teamspeed Poster Extraordinaire
McRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond repute
imo the black edition is a joke

Old 02-15-2011, 09:58 AM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
It's simply the car companies following the watch industry INMO! But for the money if you did want a base model black Porsche the value is their with the included extra options for sure.

Old 02-15-2011, 10:07 AM
Teamspeed Pro
jenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond repute
I haven't seen much info on the black edition. What is so special about it? Does it give more performance than the GTS

Old 02-15-2011, 10:08 AM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by DJ
It's simply the car companies following the watch industry INMO! But for the money if you did want a base model black Porsche the value is their with the included extra options for sure.
At least the watch looks interesting, to me the black edition as you said it its just a base 911 with some of the exclusive options ticked in a package called the "black".

Old 02-15-2011, 10:09 AM
jox
TEAMSPEED.COM
jox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond repute
Anyone wanna hear what I think?

Old 02-15-2011, 10:09 AM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
It's a base carrea with a few nice options Jenk.

Old 02-15-2011, 10:25 AM
Am I the only one around here who doesn't have a custom member title?
sinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jox
Anyone wanna hear what I think?
Go for it. I could need a good laugh

Old 02-15-2011, 10:36 AM
jox
TEAMSPEED.COM
jox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by sinan
Go for it. I could need a good laugh
I'll refrain from anything substantial and use the words I really want to, since this is a strategic partner thread, but let's just say that the 997 platform has successfully turned what used to be my favorite brand into the biggest whore the automotive world has ever seen. It's gotten to a point where I'd rather go and punch whoever's responsible for this over at Porsche HQ than visiting the museum in Stuttgart.

I mean, hell - it used to be fun to poke around at Porsche's absolutely hysterical ways to milk everything they could out of the platform, but that was around 20 variants ago. Now it's just outrageously pathetic and downright insulting. If they found as much as an odd bolt on the part shelves they'd put it in a limited number of cars and call it the "obscure bolt edition".

Somebody burn down the warehouse where they keep 997 assembly line already so we can get something else for a change.

Old 02-15-2011, 10:47 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
dillon733 is just really nicedillon733 is just really nicedillon733 is just really nicedillon733 is just really nicedillon733 is just really nicedillon733 is just really nicedillon733 is just really nicedillon733 is just really nicedillon733 is just really nicedillon733 is just really nicedillon733 is just really nice
I'm not a fan of the black edition. I think its just another way for porsche to make some more money but creating the 10,000th variant of the 997. By adding some exclusive crap and not actually changing anything in terms of performance.

Quick Reply: Black Editions: End of an era, or 997 refined??