Notices
991 | 997 | 996 General Porsche Water Cooled 911 Discussion Forum.

Black Editions: End of an era, or 997 refined??

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2011, 07:34 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Axxlrod
There is nothing special about a base model, no matter what color it is.
You basically just said the Porsche 911 isn't a special car. Shame on you. The 911 is the pinnacle of what all cars want to be but only the 911 is. It is 60 years of tinkering... I'll stop no though, I'm sure you've heard it all before. But to say a 911 isn't special is just crazy. If it weren't special, I don't understand why it's the car people all over the world lust over.

(no disrespect to you, though)

Old 02-16-2011, 12:10 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Axxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond repute
You reading too much into my words.

As a general rule the porsche 911 is very special... but within the lineup, the base model isn't, as compared to the GT cars, for instance.

My point is that if porsche is intent on producing special editions, I think they should stick to the top end of the line... GT2RS, GT3RS LE, etc...

And for the record, I think porsches are very special.

Here's mine that I sold a few weeks ago... I miss it very much.

Old 02-16-2011, 09:29 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Moose is on a distinguished roadMoose is on a distinguished roadMoose is on a distinguished road
This seems to me that Porsche is stalling. They are trying to buy more time until they release the 998 or 991 (whatever it will be) version. Everybody is wainting for it for quite some time now and they keep bringing new editions to the front. And i think (really hope not) ,that the 998 it would not be such a great or vey much improved car like everyone is waiting. Regarding the engines though, i got my hands on an information, from a guy that works for Porsche in the engine development for 911 series, and it stated that the base 911 will have a 3.7l and the S will have 3.9L. What do you think?

Old 02-16-2011, 10:38 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
ZEM930 has a reputation beyond reputeZEM930 has a reputation beyond reputeZEM930 has a reputation beyond reputeZEM930 has a reputation beyond reputeZEM930 has a reputation beyond reputeZEM930 has a reputation beyond reputeZEM930 has a reputation beyond reputeZEM930 has a reputation beyond reputeZEM930 has a reputation beyond reputeZEM930 has a reputation beyond reputeZEM930 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by DJ
It's simply the car companies following the watch industry INMO! But for the money if you did want a base model black Porsche the value is their with the included extra options for sure.
+1

It is only a good value if you are looking for a base black 911. That's it. History says Porsche has done this before though just not so much in recent years.( Martini racing 924, Bumble bee 914) The 964 had a bunch of variants too! Whatever im sick of it all too!

Porsche should have released a Club Sport. Based off the carrera not even the S with a GT3 suspension all the delete options(radio, A/C) sport buckets, Alcantara etc. I dont know about anyone else but the regular Carrera has MORE THAN ENOUGH power and a lightweight(around 3000lbs even) CS would be fantastic!!!! It could even look the damn same. I dont care what anyone says club sport stickers are cool as shit!

Just my .02

Old 02-16-2011, 10:49 AM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
There is nothing special about a base model, no matter what color it is.
Boooooooooooooooooo hiiisssssssssssssssssss!!

Old 02-16-2011, 12:18 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Joe Allis You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Joe Allis You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Joe Allis You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Joe Allis You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Joe Allis You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Joe Allis You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Joe Allis You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Joe Allis You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Joe Allis You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Joe Allis You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Joe Allis You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Good point.

Old 02-16-2011, 12:34 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Joe Allis
Good point.
Which one Joe? lol

Old 02-16-2011, 01:06 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Axxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond repute
Mine.

Old 02-16-2011, 02:53 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
Mine.
you're in time out Mr! Washing out your mouth with Hand build -PORSCHE soap!!

Old 02-16-2011, 03:25 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Joe Allis You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Joe Allis You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Joe Allis You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Joe Allis You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Joe Allis You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Joe Allis You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Joe Allis You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Joe Allis You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Joe Allis You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Joe Allis You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Joe Allis You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Please!! we're a;; ears!!

Quick Reply: Black Editions: End of an era, or 997 refined??