Notices
991 | 997 | 996 General Porsche Water Cooled 911 Discussion Forum.

Sport headers, exhausts & tuning for '09 C4S

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2011, 01:30 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
DGN C4S is an unknown quantity at this point
Sport headers, exhausts & tuning for '09 C4S

Ladies & Gents,
I have searched & researched the forum and have not found any conclusive opinions/answers/recommendations to the following;

So, opinions, please;
I own an '09, 997.2 C4S and have already upgraded wheels/tires.

** With Tubi or Fabspeed airbox, headers and exhaust what approximate overall HP is the reality?

** Who has the better product for the money?

**What approximate gain in performance should I expect (in reality) if the above upgrades are augmented by performance tuning, predicated upon the tuning selected?
GIAC or another tuning solution? I think I prefer the handheld devise offered by GIAC. This is due to already owning a Hypertech device for my custom built Hummer and I am pleased with the results and flexibility.

The car is not tracked but is driven in a very spirited manner along fantastic mountain roads and the occasional long straight away that is irresistible
Any thoughts, comment, suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks!

Old 01-18-2011, 09:59 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
All of my research into this has been that gains are minimal, it's best to just do it for the sound improvements. I'd guess mid-range response might improve, but I can't see huge gains coming. Maybe Sharky, Fabryce, Casey @ TPC, et al can chime in to give us numbers. Lord knows they do a lot of these conversions.

Old 01-19-2011, 12:20 AM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Old 01-19-2011, 12:47 AM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Kreissieg has a reputation beyond reputeKreissieg has a reputation beyond reputeKreissieg has a reputation beyond reputeKreissieg has a reputation beyond reputeKreissieg has a reputation beyond reputeKreissieg has a reputation beyond reputeKreissieg has a reputation beyond reputeKreissieg has a reputation beyond reputeKreissieg has a reputation beyond reputeKreissieg has a reputation beyond reputeKreissieg has a reputation beyond repute
For the best sound, here is ours.
-.More videos of our system for 997.2 Carrera
-.Link to our product for 997.2 Carrera

YouTube - Porsche 997 Carrera (DFI

Last edited by Kreissieg; 01-19-2011 at 12:52 AM.
Old 01-19-2011, 12:58 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Hi & thanks! Yes they all do sound awesome and I will probably do the mods based upon the sweet notes alone.
After reading what I could find on intake & output, instead of 15-20 HP & greater torque advertised, I suspect something significantly less in reality. I would expect something, however.

The air-box intake, headers and sport exhaust augmented by either chip turning or the hand held devise by GIAC I would expect perhaps a 12-15 BHP increase that would manifest itself in the low to mid RPM range. If that is a reasonable assumption then for certain, coupled with the throaty, sweet exhaust note produced, then I would be satisfied and spring for the add-ons/upgrades.

So that's my question;
Is it reasonable to expect those results from the mods? Or am I just wishful thinking?

Thanks guys! I sure do love these cars!

Old 01-19-2011, 02:38 AM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Kreissieg has a reputation beyond reputeKreissieg has a reputation beyond reputeKreissieg has a reputation beyond reputeKreissieg has a reputation beyond reputeKreissieg has a reputation beyond reputeKreissieg has a reputation beyond reputeKreissieg has a reputation beyond reputeKreissieg has a reputation beyond reputeKreissieg has a reputation beyond reputeKreissieg has a reputation beyond reputeKreissieg has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by DGN C4S
Hi & thanks! Yes they all do sound awesome and I will probably do the mods based upon the sweet notes alone.
After reading what I could find on intake & output, instead of 15-20 HP & greater torque advertised, I suspect something significantly less in reality. I would expect something, however.

The air-box intake, headers and sport exhaust augmented by either chip turning or the hand held devise by GIAC I would expect perhaps a 12-15 BHP increase that would manifest itself in the low to mid RPM range. If that is a reasonable assumption then for certain, coupled with the throaty, sweet exhaust note produced, then I would be satisfied and spring for the add-ons/upgrades.

So that's my question;
Is it reasonable to expect those results from the mods? Or am I just wishful thinking?

Thanks guys! I sure do love these cars!
With full exhaust + ecu, you DO gain some power and engine response for sure.
997.2 Stock system is still somewhat restrictive, and freeing up the headers + full aftermarket system will definitely help to gain some power.(Not just our system, just overall)

But your car is already near 400hp from stock and you will easily get use to 20-30hp gain within few days after the installation.

It seems to us that the great sounding exhaust system always gives more satisfaction to owners rather than some mild hp gain that most exhaust system offer on modern cars.

Old 01-19-2011, 04:56 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Thanks for your input, Jae Kim.

Old 01-19-2011, 10:13 AM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Jae sounds monstrous!!!

YouTube - Porsche 997 Carrera(DFI

Old 01-19-2011, 01:19 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Yes, it does I agree.

Jae's product sounds great.
There is no chortling/congested sound as the engine reduces revs rapidly while parked. (say that 3 times fast!)
Love all the clips but would still appreciate anyone with knowledge or opinions of the best combo of tuning and exhaust with the objective of added HP/Torque. Exhaust note although inciting, is not the only reason for the Mods. The biggest part is the size of the grin when going beyond "full throttle" in 'Launch Control' !

Old 01-19-2011, 02:18 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
911-CAR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!911-CAR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!911-CAR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!911-CAR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!911-CAR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!911-CAR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!911-CAR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!911-CAR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!911-CAR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!911-CAR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!911-CAR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Maxflo muffler (loud) + X-pipe
Car feels quicker in low range.. and awesome deep sound
Will post a video of cold start and max rev 3000 rpm

YouTube - Porsche 997.2 Launch Control

Quick Reply: Sport headers, exhausts & tuning for '09 C4S