Notices
991 | 997 | 996 General Porsche Water Cooled 911 Discussion Forum.

Sharkwerks & Fabspeed

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2009 | 07:34 AM
|
Teamspeed Pro
911 S has a reputation beyond repute911 S has a reputation beyond repute911 S has a reputation beyond repute911 S has a reputation beyond repute911 S has a reputation beyond repute911 S has a reputation beyond repute911 S has a reputation beyond repute911 S has a reputation beyond repute911 S has a reputation beyond repute911 S has a reputation beyond repute911 S has a reputation beyond repute
Sharkwerks & Fabspeed

alot of members have either the Sharkwerks rear muffler bypass or the FABSPEED complete bypass on their 2009+ carrera..

Some were happy with the daily driver attributes of sharky's system, and the others loved the louder, more aggressive fabspeed pipes..

i have the sharkwerks bypass and i really love it, but i got used to it and now i want something louder.. the solution is to get a side muffler from companies like tubi, cargraphic, fvd, etc..

but what if i wanted something similar to the fabspeed complete bypass and still want to use my sharkwerks rear muffler delete?? can i install the fabspeed side mufflers bypass along with my sharkwerks bypass?? would i face any problems?? did anyone try this setup??

its much cheaper than paying $ 2500+ for a side muffler, and i think it sounds much better and more aggressive!!

guys from sharkwerks and fabspeed, ur input plz!!

Last edited by 911 S; 11-24-2009 at 07:36 AM.
Old 11-24-2009 | 10:08 AM
Former Sponsor
Joe@Fabspeed will become famous soon enoughJoe@Fabspeed will become famous soon enoughJoe@Fabspeed will become famous soon enoughJoe@Fabspeed will become famous soon enoughJoe@Fabspeed will become famous soon enoughJoe@Fabspeed will become famous soon enoughJoe@Fabspeed will become famous soon enoughJoe@Fabspeed will become famous soon enough
Smile

HI

This is Joe Fabiani at Fabspeed Motorsports USA. I am not quite sure exactly what you are asking. Here is what Fabspeed has designed and fully tested for all 2009 997.2 Carreras.

Fabspeed bought a 2009 997 S and we spent alot of time developing these parts for street and race track use. I personally designed and tested many variations of mufflers and all sorts of pipes and chose the very best combinations.

Depending on the car owners usuge you can have race car Grand AM CUP car loud (a rear primary muffler X pipe and 2ndary muffler bypass pipes thereby the stock headers with catalytic converters would be the only sound attenuation parts) to milder but still exotic sports car sound for a 2009 Carrera that would consist of a primary muffler X pipe and either stock 997.2 mufflers or Fabspeed dual tone mufflers.

Everything I have designed has been designed as a high performance replacement for the stock OEM Porsche components and therefore any customer can choose the sound and power level that he or she desires.

Fabspeed has posted detailed DYNOjet data on our website along with VIDEO sound bites explaining the different combinations available along with information displaying what Porsche AG designed for this car. WE even have X-RAYS of the factory parts so you can easily ponder what criteria and methodolgy Porsche used to make these new DFI cars!

If you are looking for maximum power and exotic sports car sound all 2009 997 and 997 "S" cars sound have a Fabspeed motorsports 60mm laser cut primary muffler X pipe. I am surprised Porsche did not make an X when they designed the car in the 1st place. I amsure the accountants did not want to pay for the tooling charges.

Let me know if I am answered your questions or if I can elaborate.

Joe Fabiani

Old 11-24-2009 | 10:49 AM
Former Sponsor
Joey@Fabspeed has a brilliant futureJoey@Fabspeed has a brilliant futureJoey@Fabspeed has a brilliant futureJoey@Fabspeed has a brilliant futureJoey@Fabspeed has a brilliant futureJoey@Fabspeed has a brilliant futureJoey@Fabspeed has a brilliant futureJoey@Fabspeed has a brilliant futureJoey@Fabspeed has a brilliant futureJoey@Fabspeed has a brilliant futureJoey@Fabspeed has a brilliant future
911 S: Here are a few video clips of our various exhaust setups for the 911-997.2 Carrera/S
With the complete bypass installed (primary and secondary):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrX-eVxGTrU

With only the side muffler bypass pipes
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYTcn_U8_dQ

With only the rear muffler bypass "X-Pipe"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koBU8NhbNtY

With Dual-Tone Maxflo Muffler (Sport-loud)/X-Pipe/Air Intake
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4HbDRh3FvM

With Dual-Tone Maxflo Muffler (Quiet)/X-Pipe/Air Intake
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfMHGxmYaPc

Old 11-25-2009 | 02:05 AM
|
Teamspeed Pro
911 S has a reputation beyond repute911 S has a reputation beyond repute911 S has a reputation beyond repute911 S has a reputation beyond repute911 S has a reputation beyond repute911 S has a reputation beyond repute911 S has a reputation beyond repute911 S has a reputation beyond repute911 S has a reputation beyond repute911 S has a reputation beyond repute911 S has a reputation beyond repute
joey: thanx, but i already have the sharkwerks bypass (rear center muffler delete) and i want to keep it, but i want to install ur side muffler delete.. will i face any problems??

Old 11-25-2009 | 09:19 AM
Former Sponsor
Joey@Fabspeed has a brilliant futureJoey@Fabspeed has a brilliant futureJoey@Fabspeed has a brilliant futureJoey@Fabspeed has a brilliant futureJoey@Fabspeed has a brilliant futureJoey@Fabspeed has a brilliant futureJoey@Fabspeed has a brilliant futureJoey@Fabspeed has a brilliant futureJoey@Fabspeed has a brilliant futureJoey@Fabspeed has a brilliant futureJoey@Fabspeed has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by 911 S
joey: thanx, but i already have the sharkwerks bypass (rear center muffler delete) and i want to keep it, but i want to install ur side muffler delete.. will i face any problems??
No problems 911 S other than a very aggressive tone...but wait, that's not a problem

I posted the video so you can see the sound differences from the various setups.