Notices
991 | 997 | 996 General Porsche Water Cooled 911 Discussion Forum.

I need some help................

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2009 | 08:08 AM
|
Teamspeed Junior Member
TommyV You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TommyV You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TommyV You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TommyV You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TommyV You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TommyV You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TommyV You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TommyV You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TommyV You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TommyV You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TommyV You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
I need some help................

First of all Happy Thanksgiving Guys!!

It's been a while since I've posted but Here's the scoop.....

I got some bad news yesterday and I was just wondering what you knowledgeable people think as I'm pretty confused!

The Porsche dealer where I ordered my car calls me up and tells me that Porsche AG contacted him about my 2010 C4S Cab in Champagne Yellow and told him that they couldn't do that color and for me to choose another one....I was floored! They said it had something to do with a non-metallic paint and the fact that it was a light color they couldn't do it.

First thing I did was come here to look at some of the old colors but nothing really grabbed me.... I did consider Condor yellow but I thought that was a bit to yellow as opposed to Champagne which was more pasta colored.

Now I was thinking.....maybe I'd go with an old stand-by that I've never owned in over 20 years of Porsches....Guards red with a sand beige inside.

When I told my dealer this after thinking all day yesterday he says that's weird because he has one in stock. I don't know what kind of options it has or whether that car will be acceptable but at least it's there and I can look at it.

There are other benefits that don't really matter but are still in the back of my mind.

If I order a special "Paint to sample" color I have to extend my Lease 2 months and the paint to sample color is around a $5K option so it might save me say 8-10K total but again that's not my deciding factor as I'd already planned on those costs.

I'm really just interested in your thoughts on this color combo. If you have another color you love please let me know that too but don't forget...thumbs up or down on the Guards Red.

Thanks in advance for your assistance!

Best regards,

Tom

Old 11-26-2009 | 08:22 AM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down on Guards red, I like special order items..thats just me.

Old 11-26-2009 | 08:46 AM
|
Teamspeed Junior Member
TommyV You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TommyV You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TommyV You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TommyV You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TommyV You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TommyV You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TommyV You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TommyV You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TommyV You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TommyV You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TommyV You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Thanks, I appreciate your honesty.......it's just sooooo tough to decide!

best regards,

Tom

Old 11-26-2009 | 08:52 AM
ATL
Teamspeed Pro
ATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond repute
I say get the special order color and wait it out. Don't settle, what's another 2 months at this point?

Old 11-26-2009 | 08:55 AM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
So what colour you want to settle for have you checked the colour to sample threads over here.

Old 11-26-2009 | 09:05 AM
Nutcrusher
strebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ATL
I say get the special order color and wait it out. Don't settle, what's another 2 months at this point?
+1! When you're paying this kind of money for a car, It should be the car you really want. Not a car you "settle" with.

Old 11-26-2009 | 09:18 AM
|
Teamspeed Junior Member
I don't mind waiting but the color I wanted...Champagne Yellow is not possible says Porsche AG so they need me to make another pick and that's what I'm trying to do...I can't choose the color I want...Champagne yellow cause they won't/can't do it.

Tom

Old 11-26-2009 | 09:20 AM
|
Teamspeed Junior Member
Yes.....I looked at all the yellows, blues, greens, browns & Oranges and didn't see anything I loved! One blue I thought was nice was Adria but I don't know???? Petrol also looked interesting!

Tom

Old 11-26-2009 | 10:53 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
msindi has a reputation beyond reputemsindi has a reputation beyond reputemsindi has a reputation beyond reputemsindi has a reputation beyond reputemsindi has a reputation beyond reputemsindi has a reputation beyond reputemsindi has a reputation beyond reputemsindi has a reputation beyond reputemsindi has a reputation beyond reputemsindi has a reputation beyond reputemsindi has a reputation beyond repute
I don't like either color but just my opinion.
Also, given how thick the Porsche order guide and options list are, I would never buy one off the lot as it is unlikely to have all the goodies that I would want
Then again, pushing your order further out will mean that your 997.2 will be out of date that much sooner as the next-gen 911 is coming out (more so of an issue given that you are leasing)
my 2 pence

Old 11-26-2009 | 12:13 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ATL
^^ What he said