Notices
991 | 997 | 996 General Porsche Water Cooled 911 Discussion Forum.

Welcome Kirk guys, the new owner of my '03 C4S.

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 08:09 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Kirk is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by SLC4S
wait... the boxster and 911 hoods are identical?
Yeah, that surprised me too. I always thought that with the headlight change on the 911's in 2002 to the turbo-style headlights that the hood was changed too. I'm pretty sure the front fenders and obviously the front bumper were changed. But evidently not the hood. I did some measurements and they came out the same, so I just swapped them for the fun of it. I do have to agree with you guys though, I'm not sure I like it this way. The car looks classier with the silver OEM hood.

I'm just having fun. Robert already did so much to this car that he didn't leave much for me to do!!!

Kirk

Old 05-12-2009, 08:14 PM
Teamspeed Pro
SLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Kirk
Yeah, that surprised me too. I always thought that with the headlight change on the 911's in 2002 to the turbo-style headlights that the hood was changed too. I'm pretty sure the front fenders and obviously the front bumper were changed. But evidently not the hood. I did some measurements and they came out the same, so I just swapped them for the fun of it. I do have to agree with you guys though, I'm not sure I like it this way. The car looks classier with the silver OEM hood.

I'm just having fun. Robert already did so much to this car that he didn't leave much for me to do!!!

Kirk
yeah go back to the silver for sure but I had no idea the hoods were the same..

hmmm... the things you learn on here.

Old 05-12-2009, 09:13 PM
Teamspeed Pro
slavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond repute
awesome pics... car looks great!!!

Old 05-13-2009, 12:34 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Eh... I've got a bunch of feedback and I've lived with the CF hood for a few days and overall I don't care for it. I think it looks okay, but I agree 100% with the comment that the car looks more classy with the OEM silver hood. It only takes me a few minutes to swap the hoods, so I'm going to just swap them back and put the CF hood back on my Boxster. It was worth a try.... Thanks for your comments!

Old 05-17-2009, 07:50 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
New Photos

Here you go Robert, these are the latest photos of your car with my 2000 Gemballa Boxster S and the lovely Christina. Yes sir, life is good…. I really have a tough time deciding which one I like best.

Kirk

Old 05-17-2009, 08:18 PM
Teamspeed Pro
86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome great looking cars.

Old 05-18-2009, 12:49 AM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Redlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond repute
Nice!

Old 05-18-2009, 09:53 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
BMWRacer13 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BMWRacer13 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BMWRacer13 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BMWRacer13 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BMWRacer13 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BMWRacer13 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BMWRacer13 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BMWRacer13 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BMWRacer13 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BMWRacer13 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BMWRacer13 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Welcome and both cars are beautiful

Old 05-31-2009, 04:38 PM
ATL
Teamspeed Pro
ATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond repute
Very nice Robert. The new buyer didn't mind that it was once totaled? Good news is you can't even tell.