Notices
991 | 997 | 996 General Porsche Water Cooled 911 Discussion Forum.

The Official Porsche 997 Picture Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2010, 03:55 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
vsll726 has a spectacular aura aboutvsll726 has a spectacular aura aboutvsll726 has a spectacular aura aboutvsll726 has a spectacular aura aboutvsll726 has a spectacular aura aboutvsll726 has a spectacular aura aboutvsll726 has a spectacular aura aboutvsll726 has a spectacular aura aboutvsll726 has a spectacular aura aboutvsll726 has a spectacular aura aboutvsll726 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by fredej
Nice bumper!

Old 10-12-2010, 01:21 AM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Randy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond repute
Nice shots DJ. I've said this before, but this picture reminded me yet again... although I love all the variants of the 911, something about the Carrera S clean rear end and quad tips makes me like it the most. So muscular, no wing.

Originally Posted by DJ

Old 10-14-2010, 09:51 AM
Teamspeed Pro
PorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond repute

Found a pic of our old Vorsteiner 997 today

BTW
Can anyone explain to me the difference between all the factory fronts for the 997 MK II?

There is the standard one, then there is a aerokit and then there's the sport classic?
Is the sport classic bumper an aerokit bumper with a different lip?

Old 10-14-2010, 03:43 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by PorscheFanatic
BTW
Can anyone explain to me the difference between all the factory fronts for the 997 MK II?

There is the standard one, then there is a aerokit and then there's the sport classic?
Is the sport classic bumper an aerokit bumper with a different lip?
First you have the standard bumper seen on all of the Carrera models. Then you have the Sport Design front bumper. Then you have the aerokit which includes the Sport Design bumper with a different splitter and a slightly larger center intake.

Attached Images    
Old 10-19-2010, 09:52 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
redwing1 is on a distinguished roadredwing1 is on a distinguished roadredwing1 is on a distinguished roadredwing1 is on a distinguished road
Hello. I just joined today and here is a pic of my 2005 Carrera S Cab

Attached Images  
Old 10-19-2010, 05:15 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jox
The 997 Targa is the first Targa variant 911 that I really really like. I'm surprised it hasn't caught on more, you never hear about anyone buying one. You just see one on the road occasionally.
A contradiction???

(From another thread)

Originally Posted by jox
I won't cry over the Targa model being dropped as I quite frankly don't understand why it even exists, or for whom, but there's nooooo way in hell they're gonna ditch the Turbo vert and the GT2.

Old 10-19-2010, 05:24 PM
jox
TEAMSPEED.COM
jox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond repute
Um, no that is not a contradiction. Liking something more than its predecessors has nothing to do with whether I approve of its existence. It's a beautiful shape in itself but mostly in comparison to the awful 964/993/996 ones. But they are all completely idiotic from a sports car perspective.

It's like buying a double quarter pounder with extra cheese, XL fries and then go with a diet coke because you want to watch your weight.

Old 10-19-2010, 09:56 PM
The black sheep of the family.
vtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jox
Um, no that is not a contradiction. Liking something more than its predecessors has nothing to do with whether I approve of its existence. It's a beautiful shape in itself but mostly in comparison to the awful 964/993/996 ones. But they are all completely idiotic from a sports car perspective.

It's like buying a double quarter pounder with extra cheese, XL fries and then go with a diet coke because you want to watch your weight.
Your debating with a presumably 14-15 year old who went to the trouble to find the post you made in a previous thread. Either he is a loser, or you both are.

But i agree with you, the targa is stunning, love its profile with the chrome window trim.

Old 10-20-2010, 07:05 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by vtgts300kw
Your debating with a presumably 14-15 year old who went to the trouble to find the post you made in a previous thread. Either he is a loser, or you both are.

But i agree with you, the targa is stunning, love its profile with the chrome window trim.
I was just reading an old thread and found that, and thought I remembered jox saying how he love the Targa.

About the Targa. I don't like it for a 911 of choice, but for a glass top, it's the best car ever built.

Last edited by Carrera; 10-20-2010 at 07:12 AM.
Old 10-20-2010, 10:19 AM
jox
TEAMSPEED.COM
jox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by vtgts300kw

Don't be an ageist, Kunt. He's got more pubic hair than you do.

Quick Reply: The Official Porsche 997 Picture Thread!