Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

997.1 TT: A good DD?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2012, 12:02 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
It's a great DD but not the best. I would agree with getting the new M5 to better complement your RS.

Old 11-15-2012, 07:27 AM
Teamspeed Member
pmpsch has a spectacular aura aboutpmpsch has a spectacular aura aboutpmpsch has a spectacular aura aboutpmpsch has a spectacular aura aboutpmpsch has a spectacular aura aboutpmpsch has a spectacular aura aboutpmpsch has a spectacular aura aboutpmpsch has a spectacular aura aboutpmpsch has a spectacular aura aboutpmpsch has a spectacular aura aboutpmpsch has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by jumping_horse
Hi Pmpsch,

First, congratulations to no. 13 of the 4.0L beasts..A mighty machine.

Now to the turbo: well - it depends how urgent you see the issue, yes 997.1 prices came down, 997.1 has the better engine compared to 997.2. If I was in your situation, I would wait a bit more..and then buy a turbo S. The values have come down on this one also a lot - but this one will probably be in the future more a collectors item. Besides, if you want PDK...

The turbo S looks great ..and not too many build..

All the best, and let us know about your choice..
Thank you...I got #12 actually one of the last produced by the factory (mine got delivered April 21012).

Regarding the TT, the TTS is a mkII right? definitely a great car to buy but slightly out of budget for now...have also looked at 2008 low miles S8 but they are not easy to find.