Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

997.1 TT: A good DD?

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2012, 01:45 AM
Teamspeed Member
pmpsch has a spectacular aura aboutpmpsch has a spectacular aura aboutpmpsch has a spectacular aura aboutpmpsch has a spectacular aura aboutpmpsch has a spectacular aura aboutpmpsch has a spectacular aura aboutpmpsch has a spectacular aura aboutpmpsch has a spectacular aura aboutpmpsch has a spectacular aura aboutpmpsch has a spectacular aura aboutpmpsch has a spectacular aura about
997.1 TT: A good DD?

Am currently looking for a car in which to spend about 2 x 1 hour per day on the highway (don' ask ).

Have considered a lot of options (A6, BMW 5, E Class, XF...) and still very undecided. Looking for comfort, security and pleasure.

My current P-Car obviously is not an option, so the question I have is will a 997.1 TT be a good option.

Prices have now come down and clearly it is a car I would enjoy driving.

Any views? suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Old 11-09-2012, 02:04 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
I have a 997.1TT and it is a great car to be drived everyday. It is as solid as a tank. It can be a supercar when you want it to be or can be used as a quite comfy and relaxed car. You can even tune it to be even more powerfull with some good tuners out their and will not affect the way it really drives other than that would be a damn quick supercar

Old 11-09-2012, 04:43 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
JonnybravoM3 is a glorious beacon of lightJonnybravoM3 is a glorious beacon of lightJonnybravoM3 is a glorious beacon of lightJonnybravoM3 is a glorious beacon of lightJonnybravoM3 is a glorious beacon of lightJonnybravoM3 is a glorious beacon of lightJonnybravoM3 is a glorious beacon of lightJonnybravoM3 is a glorious beacon of lightJonnybravoM3 is a glorious beacon of lightJonnybravoM3 is a glorious beacon of lightJonnybravoM3 is a glorious beacon of light
For DD and for what you're looking to do with the car, I would def. suggest no other than the F10 BMW 535d (regular or xdrive to make use of the awd system for all seasons). Perfect fuel economy, relaxing luxury 4-door saloon and the best part - 465lb ft of torque (more torque than the 997.1 TT)!

Old 11-09-2012, 10:01 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
PorscheBoy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheBoy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheBoy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheBoy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheBoy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheBoy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheBoy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheBoy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheBoy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheBoy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheBoy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JonnybravoM3
For DD and for what you're looking to do with the car, I would def. suggest no other than the F10 BMW 535d (regular or xdrive to make use of the awd system for all seasons). Perfect fuel economy, relaxing luxury 4-door saloon and the best part - 465lb ft of torque (more torque than the 997.1 TT)!
he has an RS 4.0.. i highly doubt he'd want a 5 series diesel lol. go for the TT and swap out the tail lights to leds and you'll have an awesome DD car

Old 11-09-2012, 10:19 AM
Neg Rep Zen Master
Marc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond repute
I DD a 997.2TT and did same with a 997.1TT it works fine, but being you have a 4.0 an F10 bodied BMW is a great solution and a disel with all that torque isn't a bad thought.

Old 11-09-2012, 05:34 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Coochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JonnybravoM3
I thought the 997.1 was 510 Tq in sport mode.

That being said, I think the turbo is a very nice DD. If you live where it gets cold or snows, you will still need winter tires and won't be able to drive if there's deep snow. All that being said, I find myself driving my Ram 2500 Diesel most days that has 650 Tq! Its easy to drive and sip my coffee. I also think a Panamera would really be a great DD.

Old 11-09-2012, 06:06 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
JonnybravoM3 is a glorious beacon of lightJonnybravoM3 is a glorious beacon of lightJonnybravoM3 is a glorious beacon of lightJonnybravoM3 is a glorious beacon of lightJonnybravoM3 is a glorious beacon of lightJonnybravoM3 is a glorious beacon of lightJonnybravoM3 is a glorious beacon of lightJonnybravoM3 is a glorious beacon of lightJonnybravoM3 is a glorious beacon of lightJonnybravoM3 is a glorious beacon of lightJonnybravoM3 is a glorious beacon of light
^^ 460lb ft.

Old 11-10-2012, 09:27 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Coochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond repute
Actually we are both right.
Per Porsche, 460 but 505 in sport mode.

Old 11-10-2012, 09:39 PM
Teamspeed Member
pmpsch has a spectacular aura aboutpmpsch has a spectacular aura aboutpmpsch has a spectacular aura aboutpmpsch has a spectacular aura aboutpmpsch has a spectacular aura aboutpmpsch has a spectacular aura aboutpmpsch has a spectacular aura aboutpmpsch has a spectacular aura aboutpmpsch has a spectacular aura aboutpmpsch has a spectacular aura aboutpmpsch has a spectacular aura about
thank you all for your input

Old 11-13-2012, 04:54 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
jumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by pmpsch
Am currently looking for a car in which to spend about 2 x 1 hour per day on the highway (don' ask ).

Have considered a lot of options (A6, BMW 5, E Class, XF...) and still very undecided. Looking for comfort, security and pleasure.

My current P-Car obviously is not an option, so the question I have is will a 997.1 TT be a good option.

Prices have now come down and clearly it is a car I would enjoy driving.

Any views? suggestions?

Thanks in advance
Hi Pmpsch,

First, congratulations to no. 13 of the 4.0L beasts..A mighty machine.

Now to the turbo: well - it depends how urgent you see the issue, yes 997.1 prices came down, 997.1 has the better engine compared to 997.2. If I was in your situation, I would wait a bit more..and then buy a turbo S. The values have come down on this one also a lot - but this one will probably be in the future more a collectors item. Besides, if you want PDK...

The turbo S looks great ..and not too many build..

All the best, and let us know about your choice..

Quick Reply: 997.1 TT: A good DD?