Notices
///M BMW's Motorsport Inspired Road Cars Discussion Forum.
Powered by CARiD.com

A day with a BMW F10 M5 - So good!

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2012, 06:29 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
El Wehbi has a spectacular aura aboutEl Wehbi has a spectacular aura aboutEl Wehbi has a spectacular aura aboutEl Wehbi has a spectacular aura aboutEl Wehbi has a spectacular aura aboutEl Wehbi has a spectacular aura aboutEl Wehbi has a spectacular aura aboutEl Wehbi has a spectacular aura aboutEl Wehbi has a spectacular aura aboutEl Wehbi has a spectacular aura aboutEl Wehbi has a spectacular aura about
Post A day with a BMW F10 M5 - So good!

Name:  bmw-f10-m5-kuwait-towers-backdrop-3.jpg
Views: 2849
Size:  170.0 KB

A day with a BMW F10 M5

Hey fellow TSers,

I recently spent a day driving one of my close friend's new Frozen Silver Matte M5 for a review on my car blog. It was an absolute joy, so I thought I would share the experience with you guys. I took more photos but there was a maximum of 10 uploads allowed. Hope you like it and feedback is always appreciated:

"The BMW M5. Four letters and a number. When joined together, they mean something so powerful. Something so beastly. Something so… I think you get the point. With every generation of the M5, from the E28 body style all the way to the E60 (V10 powered model), BMW upped its game as a whole. I can honestly tell you after experiencing it firsthand, this M5 is a completely different animal.

Let’s start with the exterior, shall we? The new M5 is definitely the largest of its ancestors. By no means do you feel it’s the tight package the M5 once was. But make no mistake, it’s still sharp. Sharper than ever. The M5 has a way of attracting attention, even with its understated looks. The fact that this particular car came with Frozen Silver matte paint did not help at all. It’s a real head turner.

The engine is a pure gem. The 4.4-liter twin turbo V8 unit packs 552hp and 501lb-ft of torque, capable of nailing 0-100km/h acceleration times in an estimated 4.4 seconds. Floor the throttle and you are met with extremely minimal turbo lag and once you’re off, you can’t quite grasp a hold of how fast you’re actually going. It’s insanely quick for its size! BMW M cars aren’t known for AMG-like exhaust growls, but the new M5 isn’t one to be muted. As always, the M signature quad-tip exhausts are called in for duty.

Once you’re out on the open road it all takes place effortlessly. The more speed you pick up, the more the car begins to shrink around you. M cars truly have a way of communicating with the driver. The M steering wheel is spot on as the speed increases, however, I did sense a bit of numbness at very low speeds. This is a daily road cruiser after all. The M5′s comfy seats are adjustable in a gazillion ways, yet sporty enough to support the driver and passengers during aggressive driving.

The F10 M5 uses a 7-speed dual-clutch transmission. There are two M modes which can be configured by drivers at their discretion. Shift modes and traction control are some of the settings which can be fettled with.

The color heads-up-display system on the M5 is the clearest I have ever seen. There is no need for you to take your eyes off the road… right where they should be. The M5 also comes with a Night Vision option, helpful when tackling dark and unlit roads.

As the sun began to set, it only made sense to park the car somewhere, snap a few shots and really take it all in. The M5 is simply that kind of “love affair”. You can’t help but want to get closer to it and inspect it from all angles. It has the perfect blend of soft and sharp lines throughout. You begin to appreciate the car’s stance and the 20-inch wheel design the more you look at it. The latter provides the opportunity for onlookers to admire the big brakes. The biggest I personally have ever seen on an M model.

As I stepped out of the car for the last time, I saw the M5 badge glistening on the doorsill. I couldn’t help but be assured that this car is worthy of the tricolor M logo. Gone but never to be forgotten, I’m sure this won’t be the last time we meet. Bye bye for now…"

Name:  bmw-f10-m5-rear-profile.jpg
Views: 1533
Size:  185.0 KB

Name:  bmw-f10-m5-interior.jpg
Views: 5198
Size:  162.9 KB

Name:  bmw-f10-m5-dsg-shifter.jpg
Views: 1513
Size:  158.9 KB

Name:  bmw-f10-m5-turning.jpg
Views: 1499
Size:  198.2 KB

Name:  bmw-f10-m5-profile.jpg
Views: 1454
Size:  98.4 KB

Name:  bmw-f10-m5-front-profile.jpg
Views: 1443
Size:  113.8 KB

Name:  bmw-f10-m5-rear-profile-2.jpg
Views: 1575
Size:  154.8 KB

Name:  bmw-f10-m5-night-vision.jpg
Views: 1474
Size:  101.9 KB

Name:  bmw-f10-m5-heads-up-display.jpg
Views: 1476
Size:  94.7 KB

Old 07-06-2012, 08:10 AM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
great review!!!

you can upload more pics in a second post...would appreciate that

I agree on most points with you!
This car really has two personalities...kinda like Dr.Jekyll and Mr. Hyde
It is the classy subtle business sedan most of the day...but in the right hands (Ring Taxi driver,PC drivers etc) it can be a complete beast!
And the sound...did you notice the real deep "bass" it produces?(only really recognizable when standing outside or having the windows down..)

Old 07-06-2012, 09:42 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Love that color! Thanks for the review.

Old 07-06-2012, 10:47 AM
Teamspeed Pro
thedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond repute
man, that looks incredible... I love the new m5, BMW hit a home run.

Old 07-06-2012, 10:50 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
zzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond repute
Really appreciate your review. This is one of the cars out of 3 that I am considering to get this fall. I keep going back and forth of what I should get, but reading reviews like this really sway me.... for a moment at least.

Old 07-06-2012, 11:56 AM
Former Sponsor
ADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond repute
I want this car! Cool review and nice pictures

Old 07-06-2012, 01:05 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
El Wehbi has a spectacular aura aboutEl Wehbi has a spectacular aura aboutEl Wehbi has a spectacular aura aboutEl Wehbi has a spectacular aura aboutEl Wehbi has a spectacular aura aboutEl Wehbi has a spectacular aura aboutEl Wehbi has a spectacular aura aboutEl Wehbi has a spectacular aura aboutEl Wehbi has a spectacular aura aboutEl Wehbi has a spectacular aura aboutEl Wehbi has a spectacular aura about
Hi all, I'm a bit embarrassed but I don't know how to send a single reply, yet quoting all of you. Guess I'll have to learn as I go.

@ECB: Thanks man! Will definitely be posting more pics in the very near future, so stay tuned! In regards to the car, even at the hands of lesser capable drivers, this is a seriously quick machine. It gives so much confidence to anyone behind the thick-rimmed M wheel, it's ridiculous! The sound was the first thing I noticed, especially each time I shifted gears.

@BDSK: My pleasure!

@thedude: BMW did hit a home run! The subtle appearance of the car is ironically mesmerizing.

@zzzspeed: You're very welcome... and be swayed my friend. Be very very swayed lol If you do buy one, please share right away!!!

@ADV.1 Tony: Thanks Tony! Glad you liked them. Now how about adding some of your wheels to an M5 and sharing? Hehehe

Old 07-06-2012, 01:47 PM
Banned
SECTOR 911 has a reputation beyond reputeSECTOR 911 has a reputation beyond reputeSECTOR 911 has a reputation beyond reputeSECTOR 911 has a reputation beyond reputeSECTOR 911 has a reputation beyond reputeSECTOR 911 has a reputation beyond reputeSECTOR 911 has a reputation beyond reputeSECTOR 911 has a reputation beyond reputeSECTOR 911 has a reputation beyond reputeSECTOR 911 has a reputation beyond reputeSECTOR 911 has a reputation beyond repute
Not being a BMW fan I was impressed by your clean concise way of making me feel like the M5 is a great automobile. Regardless of taste good is good. Thanks.

Old 07-06-2012, 02:12 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by SECTOR 911
Not being a BMW fan I was impressed by your clean concise way of making me feel like the M5 is a great automobile. Regardless of taste good is good. Thanks.
Kind words and they are highly appreciated.

Old 07-06-2012, 02:54 PM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Perfect choice of color.

Quick Reply: A day with a BMW F10 M5 - So good!