Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

Best exhaust for 997 TT?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2011, 05:54 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
Peb_35 is an unknown quantity at this point
Yes I agree also with JonnybravoM3 and Barrister, for some peoples, the Turbo is really fine with stock exhaust, and we can keep driving it everyday without complaining and talking normal to the passenger! If it's for a weekend drive and the owner like to hear better/louder sound, then he can change it.... That's true the Turbo is quiet, that's also why some peoples buy it :-)
A daily drive super car.

Old 10-25-2011, 12:37 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Mike_R is a name known to allMike_R is a name known to allMike_R is a name known to allMike_R is a name known to allMike_R is a name known to allMike_R is a name known to allMike_R is a name known to allMike_R is a name known to allMike_R is a name known to allMike_R is a name known to allMike_R is a name known to all
Originally Posted by kdoggydog_24
what are your guys input on some of the best exhausts out there for the 997tt? any reviews on the akrapovic? i'm shopping for something that's both great in performance and LOUD!!
Kdoggydog,

You want LOUD?

Well we have loud...

Click here for the LOUD exhaust options from AWE Tuning.

Email me directly if you need further info! Mike@AWE-Tuning.com

Old 11-29-2011, 03:02 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
kdoggydog_24 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks everyone. I'm narrowing it down to FVD, Bbi or Awe tuning. I checked out cars and coffee hoping I can hear some buy unfortunately their weren't too many turbos that day.

Old 11-30-2011, 01:36 PM
Teamspeed Member
raclaims You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!raclaims You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!raclaims You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!raclaims You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!raclaims You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!raclaims You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!raclaims You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!raclaims You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!raclaims You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!raclaims You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!raclaims You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
that's funny...there's a video of me in my car on page one! Apparently FVD has branded me!

Well, I listened in person to a ton of them and chose FVD. You need to use your own ears in person. It's a pain in the rear to line up a bunch to listen to but its worth it.

But I love the FVD...it's awesome.

Old 11-30-2011, 01:45 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
If you are ever in the OC, we can grab lunch and take a drive in my BBI Turbo.

Old 12-01-2011, 09:40 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
zooyorker You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!zooyorker You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!zooyorker You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!zooyorker You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!zooyorker You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!zooyorker You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!zooyorker You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!zooyorker You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!zooyorker You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!zooyorker You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!zooyorker You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by raclaims
that's funny...there's a video of me in my car on page one! Apparently FVD has branded me!

Well, I listened in person to a ton of them and chose FVD. You need to use your own ears in person. It's a pain in the rear to line up a bunch to listen to but its worth it.

But I love the FVD...it's awesome.
you have no idea how many times I've listened to it! It was what made me go for FVD. Sounds best to me! Enjoy!

Best regards,
Y

Old 12-01-2011, 09:59 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Mike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JonnybravoM3
Keep it stock! The only Porsche that sounds great with an after-market exhaust (and of course without) IMHO is a CGT. Otherwise, I think all other Porsches sound their absolute best in stock form.
On the contrary, the only Porsche that should stay OEM is the CGT! It's perfect in stock sounding form!

Old 12-01-2011, 01:06 PM
Former Sponsor
Kai@EliteMotorsports is a name known to allKai@EliteMotorsports is a name known to allKai@EliteMotorsports is a name known to allKai@EliteMotorsports is a name known to allKai@EliteMotorsports is a name known to allKai@EliteMotorsports is a name known to allKai@EliteMotorsports is a name known to allKai@EliteMotorsports is a name known to allKai@EliteMotorsports is a name known to allKai@EliteMotorsports is a name known to allKai@EliteMotorsports is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Mike S
On the contrary, the only Porsche that should stay OEM is the CGT! It's perfect in stock sounding form!
I beg to differ, CGT with straight pipes is the way to go

Old 12-01-2011, 01:07 PM
Photographer Extraordinaire
atomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Kai@EliteMotorsports
I beg your forgiveness, CGT with straight pipes is the not the way to go
Fixed that for you.

Old 12-04-2011, 08:51 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Pierre996TT has a reputation beyond reputePierre996TT has a reputation beyond reputePierre996TT has a reputation beyond reputePierre996TT has a reputation beyond reputePierre996TT has a reputation beyond reputePierre996TT has a reputation beyond reputePierre996TT has a reputation beyond reputePierre996TT has a reputation beyond reputePierre996TT has a reputation beyond reputePierre996TT has a reputation beyond reputePierre996TT has a reputation beyond repute

Quick Reply: Best exhaust for 997 TT?