Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

Best exhaust for 997 TT?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2011, 10:16 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Jesse/AWE is an unknown quantity at this point
Old 10-14-2011, 04:46 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
trice9 will become famous soon enoughtrice9 will become famous soon enoughtrice9 will become famous soon enoughtrice9 will become famous soon enoughtrice9 will become famous soon enoughtrice9 will become famous soon enoughtrice9 will become famous soon enoughtrice9 will become famous soon enoughtrice9 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Jesse/AWE
I have this exhaust for my 997.2. i have a post on here with video and pics. I love it.

Old 10-16-2011, 07:44 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Q8_TwinTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeQ8_TwinTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeQ8_TwinTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeQ8_TwinTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeQ8_TwinTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeQ8_TwinTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeQ8_TwinTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeQ8_TwinTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeQ8_TwinTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeQ8_TwinTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeQ8_TwinTurbo has a reputation beyond repute
I vouch for the BBI exhaust. One of the best sounding and performing exhausts. As for sound alone, go with a TUBI exhaust.

Old 10-16-2011, 07:55 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
jacopo is an unknown quantity at this point
Check Manthey Motors @ Nurburgring MANTHEY MOTORS. Ready for your Porsche!

Old 10-16-2011, 08:38 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
JonnybravoM3 is a glorious beacon of lightJonnybravoM3 is a glorious beacon of lightJonnybravoM3 is a glorious beacon of lightJonnybravoM3 is a glorious beacon of lightJonnybravoM3 is a glorious beacon of lightJonnybravoM3 is a glorious beacon of lightJonnybravoM3 is a glorious beacon of lightJonnybravoM3 is a glorious beacon of lightJonnybravoM3 is a glorious beacon of lightJonnybravoM3 is a glorious beacon of lightJonnybravoM3 is a glorious beacon of light
Keep it stock! The only Porsche that sounds great with an after-market exhaust (and of course without) IMHO is a CGT. Otherwise, I think all other Porsches sound their absolute best in stock form.

Old 10-16-2011, 04:07 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
zooyorker You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!zooyorker You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!zooyorker You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!zooyorker You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!zooyorker You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!zooyorker You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!zooyorker You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!zooyorker You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!zooyorker You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!zooyorker You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!zooyorker You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by JonnybravoM3
Keep it stock! The only Porsche that sounds great with an after-market exhaust (and of course without) IMHO is a CGT. Otherwise, I think all other Porsches sound their absolute best in stock form.
I have to disagree with you there.

In my opinion this video portrays the astonishing difference between stock (dyson sound), and an FVD system... totally worth the repost:

Porsche 997TT with FVD Exhaust - YouTube

Each to his own I guess.

Y.

Old 10-17-2011, 12:23 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
JonnybravoM3 is a glorious beacon of lightJonnybravoM3 is a glorious beacon of lightJonnybravoM3 is a glorious beacon of lightJonnybravoM3 is a glorious beacon of lightJonnybravoM3 is a glorious beacon of lightJonnybravoM3 is a glorious beacon of lightJonnybravoM3 is a glorious beacon of lightJonnybravoM3 is a glorious beacon of lightJonnybravoM3 is a glorious beacon of lightJonnybravoM3 is a glorious beacon of lightJonnybravoM3 is a glorious beacon of light
^^ I see more in terms of the cold start but not a huge difference in acceleration sound. I think at the end of the day it is more challenging when dealing with a flat 6 as opposed to a V8 or V10 in pumping out that amplified aftermarket exhaust note

Old 10-17-2011, 12:26 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Not sure I have ever disagreed with a post more.

The Porsche Turbo has the weakest exhaust off all the recent high HP cars.

Just after I bought mine I went on an exotic car run. My car had the weakest exhaust there.

Changing to a custom race exhaust was the best thing I could have done to the car.

Old 10-17-2011, 02:04 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
^^ Dana - depends on what you're after at the end of the day -- volume / tone / performance. Like for my M6 I selected an exhaust for example that amplified the current sound and also changed the tone to a more Formula 1 sound - small performance increase as well but that was not a priority for me.

I notice the exhaust systems on the Turbos just add a bit of volume but don't change much in terms of tone. I don't know if you know what I'm talking about as maybe I'm finding it hard to express myself well first thing in the morning!

Either way as zooyorker said to each his own.

Last edited by JonnybravoM3; 10-17-2011 at 02:06 AM.
Old 10-17-2011, 02:13 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Either way as zooyorker said to each his own.
Absolutely! There is no right or wrong answer. Just preferences.

The car is just fine stock too.

Quick Reply: Best exhaust for 997 TT?