Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

New suspension mods from RSS for my 997TT

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2011, 10:27 AM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by atomic80
What was it, Chris...is that your name? I can't recall..sorry.

I didn't replace my PCCBs like Brian did because I don't plan to track my Turbo on an extended basis like he does. They just took it out to put the suspension components in.

So, I'm not sure exactly how much I spent altogether because all together I put in:

Bilstein damptronic coilovers
H&R sways (front & rear)
Tarrett droplinks (front & rear)
RSS lower control arms (front & rear)
RSS rear drop link kit
RSS rear toe steer kit

If I had to venture a guess, including labor, I'd say that I spent maybe about $10k USD for the whole thing. Like you said, way cheaper than buying a whole new car and the differences between stock and now is like night and day.
Yep. Chris lol

I thought you didn't replace them (was noticing the marks of being bolted up to a hub in the picture) but was just curious.

See, for $10k- to change the dynamics and make you fall in love with the car all over......... that seems very very very reasonable. I'd do that in a heart beat.

It just takes patience and a little learning curve to dial in your preferred set up- I'm assuming.

Great thread Jason. Kudos man.

Old 08-05-2011, 10:31 AM
Photographer Extraordinaire
atomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond repute
LOL...I guess I missed your name in your signature above which I just now noticed. Whoops..

I had a chance to drive a 997.2 Turbo with PDK and what I've observed however is that the 2010 Turbos are MUCH better than the previous iterations when it comes to suspension tuning but still not perfect. What I did goes a long ways in finishing the job that the Porsche engineers set out to do. I feel that I've done a good job in doing that without compromising the daily ride.

Old 08-05-2011, 10:34 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Alex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond repute

What suspension specs did you go with, Alex?
I still run these specs - having readjusted the sagging ride height about 3 or 4 times in the last 15k miles.

Old 08-05-2011, 10:36 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Alex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond repute

I had a chance to drive a 997.2 Turbo with PDK and what I've observed however is that the 2010 Turbos are MUCH better than the previous iterations when it comes to suspension tuning but still not perfect. What I did goes a long ways in finishing the job that the Porsche engineers set out to do. I feel that I've done a good job in doing that without compromising the daily ride.
Yup, I can certainly second that; handling/feel of the 997.2 Turbo S is still not as good as my setup.

Old 08-05-2011, 10:36 AM
Teamspeed Pro
TeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond repute
Nice car Jason, you are the mod king. Everything you do is top shelf and tasteful.

Old 08-05-2011, 10:49 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Looks great Jason! Glad to hear you enjoy your Turbo so much more now. I'm hoping this means you'll be driving it more and we'll benefit from seeing more pics of it.

A 400 mile drive for lunch?!?! They must have some REALLY good food!

Old 08-05-2011, 10:56 AM
atomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond repute
We wanted to go on a drive, so why not throw in lunch while we're at it too, eh? Don't you guys get together with friends for a drive sometime, Alex?

Old 08-05-2011, 10:57 AM
Originally Posted by Alex_997TurboRSC
I still run these specs - having readjusted the sagging ride height about 3 or 4 times in the last 15k miles.

I'll have to scan in my specs...and compare with yours to see if we went with the same setup. Just curious, where did you get your alignment specs from? And sagging ride height? What do you mean by that? Does your Turbo "sag" sometimes?

Old 08-05-2011, 10:57 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
We wanted to go on a drive, so why not throw in lunch while we're at it too, eh? Don't you guys get together with friends for a drive sometime, Alex?
Yeah, but nobody seems to have the time for a drive like that. We also don't have 400 miles worth of great driving roads like you do out there.

Old 08-05-2011, 11:04 AM
Originally Posted by Alzilla
Yeah, but nobody seems to have the time for a drive like that. We also don't have 400 miles worth of great driving roads like you do out there.
Ouch...I don't know how you guys do it with your cars and having fun out there. Tracking sounds like the only solution. Come on out for another visit.

Originally Posted by TeutonicCarFan
Nice car Jason, you are the mod king. Everything you do is top shelf and tasteful.
Thanks man...

Quick Reply: New suspension mods from RSS for my 997TT