Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

2012 Porsche 911 Turbo - Goodbye Rear Spoiler!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2011, 10:54 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
Matt599 is an unknown quantity at this point
2012 Porsche 911 Turbo - Goodbye Rear Spoiler!!

Hey guys! What do you think? Looks like they're gonna ditch the spoiler on the next Turbo.

"The next generation Porsche 911 Turbo will bring with it a shocking piece of news for fans. For the first time since 1975, the sportiest version of the 911 may lose it's distinctive fixed rear spoiler. A real trademark for the model since the outset.

What emerges from the latest spy photos, is that to characterize the next Turbo are going to be the vents on the rear wheel arches and wings extended, to host more adequate tires.

The removal of the rear spoiler suggests that the car will be able to develop an adequate downforce thanks to the only rear diffusor, in addition to a different location of the intercooler.

Currently there are no leaks on the power developed by the twin-turbo boxer, but it is realistic to assume that will come close to 600 hp, thanks to the AWD. The presentation of the new Porsche 911 should occur at the Frankfurt Motor Show 2011, while the Turbo version would debut at the Geneva Motor Show next year.
"

https://teamspeed.com/forums/997-996...911-turbo.html

Last edited by DJ; 03-22-2011 at 01:22 PM. Reason: -Edited with the original source content -
Old 03-22-2011, 11:10 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
GregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond repute
WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! This just ruined my day!!! I'm pissed!

Old 03-22-2011, 11:12 AM
Teamspeed Poster Extraordinaire
McRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond repute
fkn lame

Old 03-22-2011, 11:14 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Mini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond repute
If I get one, i'm putting my own spoiler on it. lol

Old 03-22-2011, 11:24 AM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Randy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond repute
I like 911s sans spoiler!

Old 03-22-2011, 11:26 AM
Nutcrusher
strebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond repute
Somehow I thought they were going with the Pana Turbo style wing?

Old 03-22-2011, 11:30 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
If done right it could be very cool. The only rear wing that I have liked in the last 15 years on a turbo is the one on the 993. The RS wings look great but the turbo wings have missed the mark. Even the 993 4S looked wider without the wing so this might me a good thing....we will have to wait and see.

Old 03-22-2011, 11:33 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
Matt599 is an unknown quantity at this point
I thought they were gonna do a panamera turbo style wing too... but on other 2012 carrera models, definitely not on the turbo ...

Old 03-22-2011, 11:35 AM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
Needs the spoiler.

Old 03-22-2011, 11:40 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
GregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JonA85
Needs the spoiler.
+1!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: 2012 Porsche 911 Turbo - Goodbye Rear Spoiler!!