Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

EVOMS 775 997.1 TT build

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2010, 10:32 AM
Teamspeed Pro
bonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond repute
EVOMS 775 997.1 TT build

From the sublime to the mundane....Now that mom and baby are doing well, I shall quickly draw my attention to my other 'baby'.

I've had the TT for almost a year and half and have enjoyed every single minute of it (well, except for that Bilstein fiasco...but I digress...). I've managed to keep her stock power-wise, always wondering what a little more power to an already phenomenal car would be like....well....I'm going full monte. Car is in the hands of the EVOMS crew in Tempe to get some 'tweaks'. Contacted Ian with the original intention of getting the 650 kit. Somehow, I was convinced to invest in the 700/720R kit......wait a sec....775? What the?!!?!? (yes, Ian, I truly hate you)

The 700/720R kit includes
• EVOMSit ECU Chip Switch - Utilizes "On The Fly Switching" with 2 X EPROMS
• EVOMS / SRE Stage 3 Clutch
• EVOMS High Flow VTG Turbochargers w/ Billet Compressor Wheels
• EVOMS ClubSport 44.5mm Exhaust Headers
• EVOMS ClubSport Intercoolers (charge coolers) w/ Silicone Boost Hoses
• EVOMS High Flow Silicone Turbocharger Air Inlet Ducts
• EVOMS Billet Turbocharger Boost Recirculation Valves
• Gaskets, Hardware & Installation Components

I already have a BBI Stage III exhaust with 200 cell cats which I plan on keeping. I may lose a touch of power running the cats, but I'm sure I won't notice.

The 775 upgrade includes

EVOMS ClubSport High Flow Silicone Turbo Air Inlet Ducts
EVOMS ClubSport HED Ignition Coils w/ Denso Platinum Spark Plugs
Bosch 83mm Throttle Body with Larger Intake Plenum
EVOMS Lightweight Billet Underdrive Crank Pulley
EVOMS EVT775 Software Calibration with Optional “Dual Mode” Chip Switch*
Porsche / EVOMS Vacuum Line Update Kit
Porsche Fuel Filter

In addition, getting stainless steel brake lines and a desperately needed brake fluid flush for more stopping power as well as the the GT2 slave cylinder conversion, which I have been waffling over for the last year. Trans is coming out anyway...so, I thought what the heck

Aside from the BBI Stage III exhaust, power is stock...for now.

Some pics from the shop

Coming off the dyno for a baseline run

On the lift

Baseline dyno (she's a strong one)

Baseline Dyno
YouTube - Porsche 997.1 TT Baseline Dyno

Either myself, or perhaps Ian, can keep the thread updated with the progress. Hope to get her back later this month....perfect temps in the desert for low IAT's

Last edited by bonehead; 11-20-2010 at 09:35 PM. Reason: add video
Old 11-05-2010, 10:45 AM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Love these build threads and glad you kept the best looking wheels on the TT!

Old 11-05-2010, 11:33 AM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Ian@EVOMS has a brilliant futureIan@EVOMS has a brilliant futureIan@EVOMS has a brilliant futureIan@EVOMS has a brilliant futureIan@EVOMS has a brilliant futureIan@EVOMS has a brilliant futureIan@EVOMS has a brilliant futureIan@EVOMS has a brilliant futureIan@EVOMS has a brilliant futureIan@EVOMS has a brilliant futureIan@EVOMS has a brilliant future
I think my comment should be "no comment..."

Haha. Ed, congratulations on the conversion. You will love every minute of it.

I will keep everyone posted on the progress.

Cheers,
Ian

Old 11-05-2010, 11:47 AM
Teamspeed Pro
wyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond repute
Da-da-da-dammmmnnn!! Nice work, bro!!

Old 11-05-2010, 03:40 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Pablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond repute
Damn 775 eh?! Gonna be sick!

Old 11-05-2010, 03:42 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
911guy is on a distinguished road911guy is on a distinguished road911guy is on a distinguished road
cool thread

Old 11-05-2010, 04:15 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
always evolving, nice to see you aren't pu$$y footing around.

Old 11-05-2010, 05:53 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Ian@EVOMS has a brilliant futureIan@EVOMS has a brilliant futureIan@EVOMS has a brilliant futureIan@EVOMS has a brilliant futureIan@EVOMS has a brilliant futureIan@EVOMS has a brilliant futureIan@EVOMS has a brilliant futureIan@EVOMS has a brilliant futureIan@EVOMS has a brilliant futureIan@EVOMS has a brilliant futureIan@EVOMS has a brilliant future
Ed,

Even though it is Derek's birthday today, we had him make some progress on the car. Here's what was done between birthday festivities:

* Pulled Bumper, Intercoolers and Exhaust
* Installed EVOMS Clubsport Intercoolers into OEM Cages
* Pulled Transmission in preparation for Clutch and GT2 Master/Slave Conversion
* Installed EVOMS Stage 3 Clutch
* Installed GT2 Slave Conversion

Here are a few pics from today:

Rear Taken Apart:

Transmission Out:

Rogue Transmission:

EVOMS Clubsport Intercoolers Installed in OEM Cages:

Exhaust Removed:

Stay Tuned!...

Old 11-06-2010, 01:39 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Cannot wait for some more

Old 11-06-2010, 02:34 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Mini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond repute
This car is a beast!

Quick Reply: EVOMS 775 997.1 TT build