Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

EVOMS 775 997.1 TT build

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2010, 10:17 PM
Teamspeed Pro
bonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond repute
Everything has been on hold waiting for the replacement coilover. 775 stuff is done aside from the tune. Couldn't get it on the dyno until it got here. Well, it finally arrived today. Dropping it off tomorrow, hopefully dyno tuning next week.

Old 11-24-2010, 06:58 PM
Teamspeed Pro
bonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond repute
Day before Turkey Day update

Dropped off the KW shock at EVOMS today. Had a nice chat with Todd Z. regarding the dual switch and goals for the race map.
My original intention was to go for 'pump' setting and a full on 'race fuel' map running pure MS109. My thoughts were to maximize power output of the bolt-ons using the highest unleaded octane available. But according to him, 94 would essentially max out the power gains of the upgraded VTG's (i.e. MS109 would provide a good safety net, but wouldn't yield any appreciable gains over 94). Ah well. Guess that saved me a ton of $$ in race fuel

So, coilover goes back on Monday, dyno tuning starts Monday/Tuesday. Car back in my hands next week. WOOT! Stay tuned....

Car in the bullpen waiting for next week. Todd Z. checking out the car

Happy T-day everyone!

Old 11-29-2010, 11:03 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Update
Suspension back on. Supposedly hit the dyno this afternoon to get the baseline pump files setup. Decided on doing the dual switch so tomorrow back it goes for the race maps. ECU gets bench flashed and the switch installed into the console. Will hopefully get some vid of the action tomorrow.

Old 11-30-2010, 12:43 AM
Teamspeed Pro
AudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond repute
Great build!

One thing to keep in mind if you plan on running this car at high speed events and at the track: the wing you have on there has never seen a wind tunnel and its effects on the car are unknown. I wouldn't trust my life with a potentially harmful cosmetic mod.

Obviously, all of this is hypothetical and I do not possess any data to back my claim. Vorsteiner doesn't either. They can't disprove my claim.
Better be safe than sorry. Happy motoring.

Old 11-30-2010, 01:56 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
FormulaNSX is an unknown quantity at this point
amazing! will keep track of this

Old 11-30-2010, 06:20 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Update on my update
Was on my way to watch my car on the dyno and was told that due to some 'programming' issues, it won't go back on today. No biggie aside from the fact that I wanted to see that sucker on the rollers myself. I HOPE it will be going back on tomorrow, but unfortunately I have to report to the rockpile and won't be able to watch. I'm counting on Ian to get some good vid, though

Crossing my fingers that all will be done on Thursday so I can pick her up!

Old 11-30-2010, 06:21 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Mini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond repute
Can't wait to see the final product! Make sure to post videos!

Old 12-01-2010, 11:24 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Car didn't make it onto the dyno until late afternoon. Gave me a chance to scoot over there after work to catch some of the action.
Low and behold, Sharky made a guest appearance from NorCal and was with Todd in the car making pulls.

Didn't get to stay for too long, but apparently something was amiss with the car. Inconsistent power and pulled timing = bad gas? (pump 91 and a 'splash' of 100 (Todd's words, not mine)

Decided to let the car sit tonight, drain the tank tomorrow and give her some fresh MS100.

One of several pulls that night (sorry for the crap iPhone vid)
YouTube - EVOMS 997 TT 775 dyno 2

Hopefully, the maps will be finished tomorrow, programmed into the chip, install the switch, and I get to take her home

Todd and Alex: thanks for burning the midnight (or at least 7 o'clock) oil trying to get this done tonight

Old 12-02-2010, 09:46 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Today was the final day of tuning. Erratic power output and pulled timing yesterday. Something wrong with the car or the fuel. Todd smelled something amiss with the 100 octane they put in yesterday. To take the fuel out of the troubleshooting equation, plan was to drain the tank and fill with MS109.

Car strapped on the dyno.

PIWIS hooked up to activate the fuel pumps to drain the tank

Emulator hooked up and ready for tuning

John and Ian filling the tank with pure, newly opened VP MS109

Two of the pulls
YouTube - 775 dyno 1
YouTube - 775 dyno 2

Best run (sorry, no vid):

After figuring out yesterday's results were from bad fuel, Todd mixed some pump 91 and re-dyno'd. Didn't catch those but was told the power was essentially the same.

Comparing this to the baseline dyno I originally posted, gains were approximately 220 awhp and 210 ft/lbs of tq

I'll (or Ian) will post some dyno plots when they're available.
Due to a bit of a late start, still needed to finish programming, reinstall the rear bumper, and install the dual switch in the cabin = car not ready until tomorrow.
I still haven't driven this thing, but needless to say, I'm excited!
Will post impressions after I get to drive it tomorrow night

Old 12-02-2010, 11:05 PM
Banned
GT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond repute
That is outstanding!!!
Congratulations on all accounts (family and turbo).
I am really excited for you and these results. Can't wait to see videos of the turbo running.

Ranger

Quick Reply: EVOMS 775 997.1 TT build