Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

Europipe Stage 2 (EP2) Review

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2010, 10:54 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
mllarson is an unknown quantity at this point
Europipe Stage 2 (EP2) Review

After a few months of searching the forums and listening to many different exhaust systems in person, I finally decided on Europipe Stage 2 exhaust for my 2008 997.1 TT.

Two weeks to build, three days from Stef to my door (Minnesota) for shipping (amazing), and a few days at Imola Motorsports in Minneapolis (sways, springs, underdrive pulley also were installed) for installation.

I put 700 miles on over the weekend "breaking in" in the exhaust, and getting a feel for the new stance - so here are my impressions:

1. I know it has been said many times on here, however, I'll say it once again; nothing on the web (videos, sound bites) does this exhaust justice. Nothing, period. And unless you hear this exhaust in person, next to other exhaust brands, you will not get a true picture on how refined this system sounds. It is truly above anything I have heard (for me, anyway, as I know exhaust note is extremely personal).

2. The sound in the cabin is not nearly as loud as I was expecting. I was expecting it to be a lot louder based on the manufacture comment "Not for Sensitive Ears". It is a great addicting sound, though - just not overbearing like other cars I have owned (at least until you hit WOT, then WOW, un-describable emotion!). Perfect for daily driving, and when the urge hits for a weekend "stroll", IMO.

3. The sound outside, however, is a different story. Great note, very audible turbo spool, and head turning presence. WOT is, once again, stunning.

4. Stef, at Europipe, is really, really great to work with. Answered my questions quickly, made sure I was comfortable with my purchase (EP2 over EP1), checked in during the build process, confirmed build and shipping, made sure it was being installed by a reputable shop and installed correctly, then confirmed that the exhaust met my expectations. The whole process was quite refreshing.

5. Can't do a Europipe review without commenting on the packaging, and care given into shipping the product... Pretty cool...

So after 700 miles, with some very hard driving, I am VERY happy with my purchase. Totally exceeded expectations, and worth the cost. Every penny.

I can not say enough about "auditioning" exhaust systems in person, before you purchase - it will save you a lot of frustration, cost, and headache (made the you tube audition process mistake when I put new exhaust on my RS4). EP2 was exactly what I was looking for - combining daily drivability, refined explosive sound (when called upon), and performance.

Sorry for the long thread -

Max

Last edited by mllarson; 10-31-2010 at 10:59 PM.
Old 10-31-2010, 11:37 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Pablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond repute
Nice review Max! Great read!!Europipes are a work of art, from a visual and audio standpoint.

Post up some videos if you have any!