Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

In Beverly Hills Porsche = ZERO

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2010, 09:49 AM
Teamspeed Pro
HBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Zymi
Just out of curiosity.......why aren't people just parking their own car?

Personally I would hate to hand over a car to a stranger...
a lot of places in LA you don't have a choice....unless you wan to walk BLOCKS to your destination

Old 10-13-2010, 10:57 AM
Teamspeed Pro
allanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by DD GT3 RD
^ sorry man. I workout at the sofitel as well, live a few blocks away. You should see how the valet either NOBU, BELMONT, and KOI drive some of those cars...i see these guys flying around corners pretty fast sometimes.
See those places I dont bring my cars to.. Anyplace that the valet has to drive off where he cant be seen on public streets is a no no for me.. I valet only places where the lot they park in is clearly visible.

Old 10-13-2010, 11:04 AM
Teamspeed Pro
allanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond repute
Those that think this frustrated me on any sort of level are clearly mistaken.. Merely an observation on peoples reactions to a car, which after owning dozens of different cars was not what I expected.. Personally did it bother me, no, but it was interesting that the same valets that put my Escalade upfront, park a Porsche in back. I bought the Porsche to fly under the radar, but I expected people to still somewhat appreciate the car in the manner I always have.

Old 10-13-2010, 11:13 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by HBdirtbag
a lot of places in LA you don't have a choice....unless you wan to walk BLOCKS to your destination
Ok...did not know that. What about insurance if they wreck it and deny?

Old 10-13-2010, 12:02 PM
Teamspeed Pro
U-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond repute
Let's face it, as others have noted in this thread, you bought a woman's car. Why would they park it out front?

Old 10-13-2010, 12:26 PM
KT
I give good hugs. Bo, you're first.
KT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond repute
Hey now.

Old 10-13-2010, 12:31 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Fuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by wyatth
F&F - must not have been around Jackson Hole.
Laramie Wyoming actually - Population - 83,000

Old 10-13-2010, 01:31 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Zorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ktvegas
Hey now.
See? Even a woman thinks it's too womanly for a woman. Man up, step by step. Get a Miata.

Old 10-13-2010, 01:39 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
911guy is on a distinguished road911guy is on a distinguished road911guy is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by HBdirtbag
Walking a little is not so bad. Maybe "overweight America" could take a few lessons from Europeans and walk a little more That might even be better than our new Healthcare plan!

Old 10-13-2010, 03:02 PM
Teamspeed Member
FadeToBlack will become famous soon enoughFadeToBlack will become famous soon enoughFadeToBlack will become famous soon enoughFadeToBlack will become famous soon enoughFadeToBlack will become famous soon enoughFadeToBlack will become famous soon enoughFadeToBlack will become famous soon enough
There are fat Europeans too, not only Americans and walking doesn't make you fit. Walking is not a solution as it's not always hot or not raining outside, comfortable to walk, etc... you can find reasons why you can't walk a long distance.
What I was trying to say in my previous post is that some of you expect people to appreciate a car when they don't have knowledge about the car's capabilities or whatever reason there may be. Some cars, even though they're great, just fly under the radar. Think M, RS or AMG cars. They look the same to the untrained eye. A TT is a good example as it looks alike 911s out there and spoilers and whatever are not going to make people notice or respect the car more due to other drivers having similar mods on lesser cars. It's all about psychology of the human society. The respect should be there for an expensive car. You have no taste when you park an Escalade upfront and a TT in the back, but it's your American culture that promotes this kind of thing. In Europe a TT would be in front, still behind a Ferrari or Lambo or whatever, but in the front nonetheless. We don't care about Escalades as we know they're shit as cars. You like them, we don't. It's just an example and please don't get personal on this, but it's how Europeans view American cars (read: inferior).
allanlambo, I hope you didn't think I was considering you to be a frustrated person. I was referring to a general ideal that I was getting from some posts. Try to think that most people don't know what your car actually is or what it can do (referring to men) or that it's not a car to pick up women with (Lambo?), if you're interested. You made a valid point about getting the car for go and not show, so I ask you this: why bother thinking why there's no social respect for the car when you bought it for personal driving pleasure? It only makes owning the car questionable at some point. Maybe you're allanlambo for a reason and not allanporsche.
Just making some points here.

Quick Reply: In Beverly Hills Porsche = ZERO