Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

Another fast 997 turbo 0-357km/h

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2010, 05:58 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
salihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Freak997turbo
Stupidooooo

Salih went from FVD to Proto and Whitenight went FVD to Switzer.
That does not mean Proto or Switzer is better than FVD or vice versa. Just different philosophies and we chose the right one for us. I think comparing US tuners vs Euro tuners is like comparing the apples to oranges, at least after some level. Remember, until APR tuning, nobody including US tuners managed to beat our 100-200 km/h time on the similar kits (exhaust+flash+headers+coolers) even though all we use is pump gas, and that was 2 years ago. But I am very happy with my choice right now.

Old 09-15-2010, 07:10 PM
Banned
Freak997turbo is infamous around these partsFreak997turbo is infamous around these partsFreak997turbo is infamous around these partsFreak997turbo is infamous around these partsFreak997turbo is infamous around these partsFreak997turbo is infamous around these partsFreak997turbo is infamous around these partsFreak997turbo is infamous around these partsFreak997turbo is infamous around these partsFreak997turbo is infamous around these partsFreak997turbo is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by salihbjk
That does not mean Proto or Switzer is better than FVD or vice versa. Just different philosophies and we chose the right one for us. I think comparing US tuners vs Euro tuners is like comparing the apples to oranges, at least after some level. Remember, until APR tuning, nobody including US tuners managed to beat our 100-200 km/h time on the similar kits (exhaust+flash+headers+coolers) even though all we use is pump gas, and that was 2 years ago. But I am very happy with my choice right now.
Here we go again!!

Dude we discuss what million time before....U r using 100 supershell pumpgas

K24F went with FVD stg3 ( modded vtg's ) and he ran almost of not slowerthan ur old FVD stg2 kit...How do u explain that ???

I know many guys 996tt/997tt has crappy tuning from FVD and they r unhappy and went to another tune...How can explain u this??

U cant compare ur pumpgas to U.S 93 octane pumpgas

Look at Skandalis with APR tuning now!! He is one of the quickest and of course there a plenty has same APR tuning in different country r unhappy

Even Toby with his RS tuning on his GT2...When he went from 100 octane to 97 octane he got bad 0-300kmh...I think he went from 26's to 30's from 0-300kmh....U may ask him

Many many members in many forums has FVD tune...You and whitenight ( same country same pumpgas ) got SICK results from FVD and Skandalis and madsex has also very impressive results.

Should we follow what most of ppl got or follow four super happy persons??

Old 09-15-2010, 10:26 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
salihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to behold
Here we go again!!

Dude we discuss what million time before....U r using 100 supershell pumpgas

K24F went with FVD stg3 ( modded vtg's ) and he ran almost of not slowerthan ur old FVD stg2 kit...How do u explain that ???

I know many guys 996tt/997tt has crappy tuning from FVD and they r unhappy and went to another tune...How can explain u this??

U cant compare ur pumpgas to U.S 93 octane pumpgas

Look at Skandalis with APR tuning now!! He is one of the quickest and of course there a plenty has same APR tuning in different country r unhappy

Even Toby with his RS tuning on his GT2...When he went from 100 octane to 97 octane he got bad 0-300kmh...I think he went from 26's to 30's from 0-300kmh....U may ask him

Many many members in many forums has FVD tune...You and whitenight ( same country same pumpgas ) got SICK results from FVD and Skandalis and madsex has also very impressive results.

Should we follow what most of ppl got or follow four super happy persons??
Our shell 100 pumpgas (which we do not have now) was not better than US 93 octane pumpgas, believe me. We lab tested the octane and it was equal to 97,xx. Unfortunately, we never have what advertised here. Our 100 shell pumpgas was way different than European 100 shell.

I can not talk about other persons but me and my friends car were running very impressive times every time we went out to test when we had FVD stage 2. I am one of those guys went to another tune from FVD. This does not mean FVD is bad, I explained the question you asked earlier. After certain level, FVD refuses to give more power that have the potential of stressing the engine more than its supposed to. They do not want the bad reputation by breaking an engine. Same thing happened to me. Do you really think there is not 1 capable person on that company who can simply increase timing, fueling and boost levels on the ECU? They already did impressive tuning on stage 2, why wouldn't they do that on stage 3? It's really not that hard. Switching 100 octane to 97 (also our 97 is something 95,xx which is even worse than us 91, again lab-tested) made the difference for us either and I had protomotive tune with FVD kit when they stopped bring the 100 octane here anymore. My 100-200 km/h times were almost a second slower. It needs a fine tune on a certain situation to prevent that.

Last edited by salihbjk; 09-16-2010 at 01:28 AM.
Old 09-16-2010, 04:19 AM
Banned
Freak997turbo is infamous around these partsFreak997turbo is infamous around these partsFreak997turbo is infamous around these partsFreak997turbo is infamous around these partsFreak997turbo is infamous around these partsFreak997turbo is infamous around these partsFreak997turbo is infamous around these partsFreak997turbo is infamous around these partsFreak997turbo is infamous around these partsFreak997turbo is infamous around these partsFreak997turbo is infamous around these parts
Our shell 100 pumpgas (which we do not have now) was not better than US 93 octane pumpgas, believe me. We lab tested the octane and it was equal to 97,xx. Unfortunately, we never have what advertised here. Our 100 shell pumpgas was way different than European 100 shell.

I can not talk about other persons but me and my friends car were running very impressive times every time we went out to test when we had FVD stage 2. I am one of those guys went to another tune from FVD. This does not mean FVD is bad, I explained the question you asked earlier. After certain level, FVD refuses to give more power that have the potential of stressing the engine more than its supposed to. They do not want the bad reputation by breaking an engine. Same thing happened to me. Do you really think there is not 1 capable person on that company who can simply increase timing, fueling and boost levels on the ECU? They already did impressive tuning on stage 2, why wouldn't they do that on stage 3? It's really not that hard. Switching 100 octane to 97 (also our 97 is something 95,xx which is even worse than us 91, again lab-tested) made the difference for us either and I had protomotive tune with FVD kit when they stopped bring the 100 octane here anymore. My 100-200 km/h times were almost a second slower. It needs a fine tune on a certain situation to prevent that.
So FVD refuse to get u better tune to get more power coz they don't want to break ur engine??

Your r right any tuner in the world ( not Gernamy only ) can can simply increase timing, fueling and boost levels on the ECU to make u happy then break ur engine

Would u mind remind me about ur best 100-200 and 200-300??

ur car is tip...right??

Old 09-16-2010, 04:33 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
So FVD refuse to get u better tune to get more power coz they don't want to break ur engine??

Your r right any tuner in the world ( not Gernamy only ) can can simply increase timing, fueling and boost levels on the ECU to make u happy then break ur engine

Would u mind remind me about ur best 100-200 and 200-300??

ur car is tip...right??
You are getting this however you would like to hear. They simply did not want to push the car harder because they worry about the reliability after that certain level. It's a policy thing. And I went to Protomotive after that level.. I hope I am being clearer now.

Yes my car is a tip. I won't post any numbers now because I couldn't do healthy tests when the weather above 30 degrees celcius. Now it starts to cool down and in a week or so, I hope I will have some numbers.

Last edited by salihbjk; 09-16-2010 at 04:37 AM.
Old 09-16-2010, 09:25 AM
Banned
You are getting this however you would like to hear. They simply did not want to push the car harder because they worry about the reliability after that certain level. It's a policy thing. And I went to Protomotive after that level.. I hope I am being clearer now.

Yes my car is a tip. I won't post any numbers now because I couldn't do healthy tests when the weather above 30 degrees celcius. Now it starts to cool down and in a week or so, I hope I will have some numbers.
I mean ur old numbers with FVD stg2 and stg3

Old 09-16-2010, 06:34 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
I mean ur old numbers with FVD stg2 and stg3
My best stage 2 100-200 is 6.5
My best stage 3 100-200 is 5.73

It improved the time between 100-200 seriously, but the tuning stayed on the safe side after that level, I can not recall the exact numbers, but they were not different after 200 km at all. That's why I went with Proto tune later.

Old 09-16-2010, 11:02 PM
Banned
My best stage 2 100-200 is 6.5
My best stage 3 100-200 is 5.73

It improved the time between 100-200 seriously, but the tuning stayed on the safe side after that level, I can not recall the exact numbers, but they were not different after 200 km at all. That's why I went with Proto tune later.
awesome numbers..do u rememeber what was the temp??

Old 09-17-2010, 09:12 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
awesome numbers..do u rememeber what was the temp??
Should be around 10-12 degrees celcius