Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

When does it stop making sense? Mods

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2010, 01:48 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
9Eleven is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by evoviiiyou
The simple answer for you is mod until you have a car that provides the exact experience that you desire. It can be a moving target however and some times its trial and error.
I think that this may be the single most intelligent thought out post that I have ever read. Modding your car can be like wrestling smoke if you let it get away from you. Use the KISS rule and you usually can't go wrong. In the end after years of research and forethought, I ended up with a set of 24/18s, Protomotive custom map, ICs, Injectors, Turbo inlet ducts, Plenum, Europipe, Forge DVs, Hoses, GMG sport clutch w/LWFW (good to 700 hp), Champion magnesium rims, Nitto tires. This took several years, but it was well worth the wait. The car is an absolute animal (625-650 hp at the crank on a Gt2 can be dangerous to your health). And I can tell you as far as modifications to make it faster are concerned, I'm done. Take your time, good luck.

Last edited by 9Eleven; 08-07-2010 at 01:52 PM.
Old 08-07-2010, 05:01 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
around 600hp on any 996/997TT variant is a lot of fun on the street.

you don't need more than that unless you have friends in/near the 1khp bracket. ask me how i know this

Old 08-09-2010, 06:20 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
GT RUS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!GT RUS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!GT RUS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!GT RUS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!GT RUS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!GT RUS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!GT RUS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!GT RUS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!GT RUS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!GT RUS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!GT RUS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
I would reccomend SPI750 package...mods vtgs, runs like stock best 1/4 10.17 ))) imho best package for Tips, so far...

Old 08-09-2010, 06:43 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Arone997tt has a brilliant futureArone997tt has a brilliant futureArone997tt has a brilliant futureArone997tt has a brilliant futureArone997tt has a brilliant futureArone997tt has a brilliant futureArone997tt has a brilliant futureArone997tt has a brilliant futureArone997tt has a brilliant futureArone997tt has a brilliant futureArone997tt has a brilliant future
Also consider Champion they have some very nice packages

Old 08-09-2010, 10:03 AM
Teamspeed Member
NinjaBoy is a glorious beacon of lightNinjaBoy is a glorious beacon of lightNinjaBoy is a glorious beacon of lightNinjaBoy is a glorious beacon of lightNinjaBoy is a glorious beacon of lightNinjaBoy is a glorious beacon of lightNinjaBoy is a glorious beacon of lightNinjaBoy is a glorious beacon of lightNinjaBoy is a glorious beacon of lightNinjaBoy is a glorious beacon of lightNinjaBoy is a glorious beacon of light
While you're at it, you might even consider Protomotive. Todd is a great and a very helpful guy..I'm very happy with his work..

Old 08-09-2010, 06:36 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
salihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by allanlambo
Im thinking to start by doing the EVOMS ECU, TCU,exhaust and intake.
exhaust, ecu, tcu and PSS10's should be more than enough for a daily driver. Stock intake is more than enough for that setup. Intake starts to choke if you go with the Garrett turbos, not even upgraded VTG's. Not worth it IMO. My suggest for the tuner is Protomotive, hands down. Switzer also does nice work. And I've been hearing very good things about EVOMS, but never worked with them.

You will have lots of fun with that package. No need to go overboard, since you have 1K+ hp TT Gallardo

Last edited by salihbjk; 08-09-2010 at 08:50 PM.