Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

Your opinion on the Porsche look?

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2010, 09:24 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by porschecarreragtmay6
I don't.

For some reason, the 997 doesn't seem as special as the 996.You may not like the 996, but I think it is one of the best looking Porsches ever (obviously not regarding limited production cars). There is also this very sad/happy feeling I get when I see 996 press pictures like this:

There is just something about the 996 that I can't get over. It just seems that Porsche had a much better reputation back in the day, and the 996 is the end of a legend. Porsche is just too publicized now-a-days. Don't get me wrong though, I absolutely still and always will think of Porsche as #1. I'm so loyal in fact Porsche would still be my #1 even if they stopped building Porsches and re-badged Kias.

Can you imagine having a Basalt Black Kia with two tone interior, an aerokit, and RS Spyder centerlocks??

EDIT: Porsche, you've done it again.

I have that feeling in my heart again!!!
Actually Porsche had a bad rep back during the 996 years. Porsche was cutting cost and sharing parts between the 911 an boxsters and it showed and not in a good way. Look at a price for a 2001 porsche turbo vs 1997 Porsche Turbo. The older car commands an extremely higher price and not because it is a classic....993 still to young to be a classic

Old 06-18-2010, 09:27 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
gotboost? has a brilliant futuregotboost? has a brilliant futuregotboost? has a brilliant futuregotboost? has a brilliant futuregotboost? has a brilliant futuregotboost? has a brilliant futuregotboost? has a brilliant futuregotboost? has a brilliant futuregotboost? has a brilliant futuregotboost? has a brilliant futuregotboost? has a brilliant future
I've owned both the 996tt and the 997tt and I absolutely like the 997 look much much more.

Old 06-18-2010, 09:28 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
I think the best looking 911s are 993 > 997 > 964. The early 911s are great, too. For me 993s sum up what Porsches should look like.

Clarkson, for all his humor and wit, is NOT the person to be commenting on Porsches. He admittedly hates them. No surprise at his bias.

Old 06-18-2010, 09:34 PM
Banned
Der Uhrmeister is infamous around these partsDer Uhrmeister is infamous around these partsDer Uhrmeister is infamous around these partsDer Uhrmeister is infamous around these partsDer Uhrmeister is infamous around these partsDer Uhrmeister is infamous around these partsDer Uhrmeister is infamous around these partsDer Uhrmeister is infamous around these partsDer Uhrmeister is infamous around these partsDer Uhrmeister is infamous around these partsDer Uhrmeister is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
I think the best looking 911s are 993 > 997 > 964. The early 911s are great, too. For me 993s sum up what Porsches should look like.

Clarkson, for all his humor and wit, is NOT the person to be commenting on Porsches. He admittedly hates them. No surprise at his bias.
He chose the 911 Turbo S when pitted against a Ferrari F430, but only because the Porsche is more discrete and can be driven without the kind of worries one would drive a Ferrari with (getting vandalized and the like).

Old 06-18-2010, 09:38 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Oh I'm well-versed in Clarkson and his views of Porsches. The only one he wants is the GT3 per his review. Even then, he only gave it 4 stars out of 5.

Old 06-18-2010, 09:46 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Superfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond repute
I dunno, I've got a 996 Turbo S with a few mods and I absolutely LOVE it!!!

Attached Images   
Old 06-18-2010, 09:47 PM
Teamspeed Pro
bonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Chris from Cali

Werd.

Old 06-18-2010, 10:04 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by gah993
Actually Porsche had a bad rep back during the 996 years. Porsche was cutting cost and sharing parts between the 911 an boxsters and it showed and not in a good way. Look at a price for a 2001 porsche turbo vs 1997 Porsche Turbo. The older car commands an extremely higher price and not because it is a classic....993 still to young to be a classic
I don't care anymore. To me, ANY Porsche is worth much emotion (esp. if it's got an aero kit!).

Last edited by Carrera; 06-19-2010 at 10:07 AM.
Old 06-19-2010, 02:10 AM
Teamspeed Pro
TeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by gah993
+1

PorscheCGT:
You may be too young to remember, but the 996 cars were not liked for their styling, and their build quality. Also, I feel that people didn't like them because they had some personal attachment to the fact that the 993 was the last of the aircooled cars. I have only driven 996 and 997 bodystyles, but my favorites as far as looks are the 964 (as perviously stated), but my favorite as far as emotion is without a doubt a 930 guards red over black. My neighbor had one when I was young and that was the car that made my into the Pcar fan I am today. That is what is great about cars, everyone has a certain emotion toward them that is different. BTW- just because 996 aren't my favorite, I still think they are awesome. That black one is GORGEOUS^^^

Old 06-19-2010, 02:34 AM
Teamspeed Member
L8apex has a reputation beyond reputeL8apex has a reputation beyond reputeL8apex has a reputation beyond reputeL8apex has a reputation beyond reputeL8apex has a reputation beyond reputeL8apex has a reputation beyond reputeL8apex has a reputation beyond reputeL8apex has a reputation beyond reputeL8apex has a reputation beyond reputeL8apex has a reputation beyond reputeL8apex has a reputation beyond repute
My old 964 is still by far my favorite design...its just perfect IMO. Here she is:

Someday it will find its way back to my garage.

My new 997 is a very close second. The Slate Grey looks phenomenal and really highlights the new design.

Quick Reply: Your opinion on the Porsche look?