Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

Turbo S or Panamera Turbo?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2010, 04:19 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Turbo S because it doesn't look like a pig's ass.

Also, if you're worried about the safety of the convertible in the event of a crash or roll-over, maybe consider a Turbo S coupe?

Last edited by Alzilla; 06-10-2010 at 04:28 PM.
Old 06-10-2010, 04:22 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
hilalpro is an unknown quantity at this point
you know what Autozeitung got 0-62mph - 3,0s Flat 0-125mph in 10,2s (first ever test) in their latest issue from a 911 Turbo S Cabrio this is a 10.x seconds car down the 1/4mile and with awd and pdk this car is very easy to drive at least in strait line..

Imageshack - rotationofaz1002.jpg

Last edited by hilalpro; 06-10-2010 at 04:31 PM.
Old 06-10-2010, 04:29 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by STOPPIE
Ages of the kids? My boss (who has 4 children) when they were younger regularly put his kids in the 911.
5, 3, 2

All cute! All love the sounds of engines :-)

Love the bias toward the selfish choice - !

Old 06-10-2010, 04:35 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by Alzilla

maybe consider a Turbo S coupe?
My dealer did not have the allocation - So, I spec'd the Cab.

Honestly, I wish Porsche could devise a hard-top convertible. NO ROOM, but it would solve my personal problem.....

So it seems like the Turbo S is the "obvious" choice -

Not one vote for the Panny?

Old 06-10-2010, 05:09 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by asg612
5, 3, 2

All cute! All love the sounds of engines :-)

Love the bias toward the selfish choice - !
Perfect for the little ones. They'll LOVE you even more!! drop top entertainment! (the CAR kind for those with minds in the gutters! LOL)

Originally Posted by asg612
My dealer did not have the allocation - So, I spec'd the Cab.

Honestly, I wish Porsche could devise a hard-top convertible. NO ROOM, but it would solve my personal problem.....

So it seems like the Turbo S is the "obvious" choice -

Not one vote for the Panny?
I think the point is that the Panny was never meant to replace the dream of owning a 911. Thats why everyone has a similar sentiment.

Old 06-10-2010, 05:54 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
True - and I agree....

But, we can not negate the fact that the Paney does preform 'like' a sports car with the practicality of taking people and cargo with you.

Hey - if Porsche didn't create it - I wouldn't have needed to start this thread.

I've owned two 997s already - C4cab and Turbo cpe. What I want is a really enjoyable car to at most drive 1-2 days a week and weekends.

I just started playing golf - can you fit two adults and two golf bags in a turbo cab?

These are the questions I'm looking at now.

I will say - the Porsche 911 trunk is great for buying beer and ice. Fits perfectly.

Old 06-10-2010, 06:10 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Ahhh...see more background on ya!

So, having already owned the 997 chassis, it sounds like you're well versed with this car.

Have you DRIVEN the panamera turbo yet? - I should have started there.

Old 06-10-2010, 06:19 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
LOL!!

I have not driven a panamera turbo yet. I have driven the 4S - loved it. It's on rails - like it's 911 bretheren.

Dealer has not had a turbo panny to demo.

I like the visibility better in the 997 cpe better than the cab - and the pan is really - in my mind the 'current' 928.

Maybe - I go with my initial feeling which is the S and when the 'real' 928 comes out - get that?

But - I am hearing from local friends that the panny turbo is the best car in the Porsche stable right now - and that it's a dream to own and drive.

Old 06-10-2010, 06:41 PM
Teamspeed Pro
alin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond repute
2 adults with 2 sets of golf clubs in my 997 TT coupe-check
2 adults with an 8 year old and 3 year old in the back seat of my 997 TT coupe-check

Therefore...Turbo S...check!

Seriously though, the room in the rear is less for a cab than a coupe. I can get a nice booster seat in the back of my coupe pretty easily, but I'm not so sure about the cab. Both boys love the sound.

Old 06-10-2010, 10:13 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
trice9 will become famous soon enoughtrice9 will become famous soon enoughtrice9 will become famous soon enoughtrice9 will become famous soon enoughtrice9 will become famous soon enoughtrice9 will become famous soon enoughtrice9 will become famous soon enoughtrice9 will become famous soon enoughtrice9 will become famous soon enough
I have 3 kids. Can easily put 2 in the turbo and can fit 3 when I have to - ok for short rides. The fun factor between the 2 is not even close. Get the turbo s.

Quick Reply: Turbo S or Panamera Turbo?