Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

Turbo S or Panamera Turbo?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2010, 03:06 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Turbo S or Panamera Turbo?

HI -

Its just my personality - while I'm waiting for something...my eyes wander and I start questioning my decisions.

Was my decision to purchase and order a Turbo S Cab purly driven my adreniline and genetic need for an awesome porsche?

I ordered the Turbo S about two months ago - Delivery is supposidly end of June or early July.

My wife read an article on the Turbo S and she is legitimately scared. She really is putting her foot down and its very out of character for her. Its making me rethink my decision - as I have three kids under 5 and like to take them for rides with me - she doesnt want the kids in a convertible - and would "prefer" a bigger car like the Panamera -

So - what do you buy? Do you get a Turbo S Cab which will be a fun car to use for 6 months out of the year or do you get a Panamera Turbo which is arguably one of the best cars ever made?

Thought, help, advice, insight -

To assist - I drive a G55 Mercedes truck as my daily driver - I love it more than any other car I've ever owned. I live in NJ, just outside of NYC.

Ok - thanks in advance!

Best regards,

asg

Old 06-10-2010, 03:09 PM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
If you have a G55 for your DD, I say go with the Turbo S as your toy.

Old 06-10-2010, 03:19 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
You won't be able to take wife and 3 kids in the Panamera either. Case closed.

Buy what you love. Drive it and enjoy. Get a separate mommy mobile to haul 5+.

Old 06-10-2010, 03:45 PM
Teamspeed Pro
.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute
stick to the Turbo S

Old 06-10-2010, 03:50 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Schwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond repute
Turbo S is limited, yo can always get a Pany Turbo - neither will hold three kids in the back. Nothing to be scared off both are easy drivers until you put the foot down ....

Old 06-10-2010, 03:55 PM
Teamspeed Pro
PatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond repute
no turbo is like

Old 06-10-2010, 03:57 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Turbo S. Like Eric said, you can always get a Turbo Panny; Turbo S? Not so much.

Old 06-10-2010, 04:11 PM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
TTS......it's your own personal toy

toys don't have to be practical and make sense..

The G55 is a good DD and the TTS cab is one badass beast...nice stable

Old 06-10-2010, 04:13 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by Eric (Plug Guy)
You won't be able to take wife and 3 kids in the Panamera either. Case closed.

Buy what you love. Drive it and enjoy. Get a separate mommy mobile to haul 5+.

Not my intention -

I WILL however want to take two kids at a time with me places - If its to the grocery store, out to lunch, or just for a fun weekend drive to the park 20 miles away....I love throwing the kids in the car and going for a ride. Weekends are for the kdis.

So - its not about everyone going in at once - its about saftey and practicality....AHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

When did I start to grow up??

Old 06-10-2010, 04:14 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Ages of the kids? My boss (who has 4 children) when they were younger regularly put his kids in the 911.

Quick Reply: Turbo S or Panamera Turbo?