Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

DIY: Swapping the 997.1TT taillights to the newer 997.2TT LED taillights on my Turbo!

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2011, 05:41 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
speed21 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thats a great write up. Very detailed. Looking very seriously at doing this mod myself...am in process of ordering parts. I take you didn't have the fvd wiring adaptor at that time hence the big job of merging the wiring? Also didn't realise there was so much work to get the park sensors changed over...yikes....i have those too. Don't suppose you also have any before/after shots of trimming the exhaust shields?
TIA.

Old 11-24-2011, 08:33 AM
Photographer Extraordinaire
atomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks man...it was a very involved process as I mentioned in my write-up. Unfortunately I didn't take detailed pictures of the exhaust shields but you should be able to figure it out once you get them out. Just test fit them. We also had to use epoxy resin to get the old sensors to work with the newer bumper but I noticed that Suncoast said to contact them if you do have the sensors. I had no idea that they were offering this upgrade. Thanks for the heads up, I'm sure the FVD wiring makes it so much easier than having to order two new control modules!

Old 11-24-2011, 06:28 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Originally Posted by bonehead
Looks great. But yeeesh. Didn't think it would be that labor intensive!
Hey Ed on your recent .2 bar/lights upgrade did you do it yourself? Any difficulties you wish to share? Also your rear quad pipes did you get larger diameter ones to take up the extra slack in the larger surrounds?

Originally Posted by atomic80
Thanks man...it was a very involved process as I mentioned in my write-up. Unfortunately I didn't take detailed pictures of the exhaust shields but you should be able to figure it out once you get them out. Just test fit them. We also had to use epoxy resin to get the old sensors to work with the newer bumper but I noticed that Suncoast said to contact them if you do have the sensors. I had no idea that they were offering this upgrade. Thanks for the heads up, I'm sure the FVD wiring makes it so much easier than having to order two new control modules!
No worries. Suncoast were promoting the kit on their website and it appeared on the surface to be a relatively straight forward exercise on the basis all the necessary parts were there but after reading your thread it seems if there are no .2 sensors in the kit then there's more to it than meets the eye. They did say i would need to use certain stuff off my old bar but no mention of sensor issues so I need to check with them to see if they are supplying new .2 sensors in the kit otherwise those brackets are going to need changing....yikes! I'm guessing you were able to prise them all off without damaging anything?

Old 11-24-2011, 07:36 PM
Teamspeed Pro
bonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by speed21
Hey Ed on your recent .2 bar/lights upgrade did you do it yourself? Any difficulties you wish to share? Also your rear quad pipes did you get larger diameter ones to take up the extra slack in the larger surrounds?
Hey Paul. No, I didn't do the install myself. Otherwise, I'd still be in the garage swearing up a storm
I already had the larger quad pipes from BBi (89mm each) before the .2 bumper.

Old 11-25-2011, 12:54 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
Originally Posted by bonehead
Hey Paul. No, I didn't do the install myself. Otherwise, I'd still be in the garage swearing up a stormI already had the larger quad pipes from BBi (89mm each) before the .2 bumper.
Yeh looking at it i know what you mean. So best i torture my beater with this job. He might like it. Btw those 89mm drain pipes do the job nicely in filling out those larger.2 surrounds. I have the TA fig 8's like Atomic's which have kind of shrunk a little in those. Still nice..but..

Old 11-25-2011, 01:40 AM
Teamspeed Pro
bonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by speed21
Yeh looking at it i know what you mean. So best i torture my beater with this job. He might like it. Btw those 89mm drain pipes do the job nicely in filling out those larger.2 surrounds. I have the TA fig 8's like Atomic's which have kind of shrunk a little in those. Still nice..but..
Agreed. The larger exhaust outlets make it a bit problematic with smaller tips. From his pics, Jason's look pretty good, but obviously anything close to stock won't fill the ports very well.

Old 12-06-2011, 09:31 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
JROD9496 is an unknown quantity at this point
Everything looks great and I love the color! Great detailed pics by the way too!