Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

Stock Looking @ SharkWerks? EVT700 Stealth Bomber

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2011, 03:33 PM
Former Sponsor
sharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond repute
Stock Looking @ SharkWerks? EVT700 Stealth Bomber

This stealthy 2008 midnight blue 997TT might look stock on the outside but on the inside she now packs quite a punch. She originally came in for a Stage 1 performance boost and whilst a significant increase it was just a taste of what was to come about 3 weeks later: a full-on EVT700 conversion.

Up on the lift she goes and off comes the rear appron:

Off come the stock intercoolers and fender liners:

Speaking of intercoolers here is the EVOMS unit by comparison with improved flow due to the end tanks and more efficient cores:

A close-up of the enlarged and improved flowing end tanks:

And now mounted into the factory "cages":

Back to the car and it's time to remove the lines and turbos:

Draining the coolant out:

Out come the factory plugs:

We also install EVOMS' recommended spark plugs:

And then the EVT700 turbos go on:

And then the EVOMS Clubsport headers:

The intercoolers now on the car and with the upgraded hose kit:

Factory-like fitment:

With the Tubi Street exhaust installed:

Time to replace the stock pulley:

Off it comes:

On goes the EVOMS unit:

It's lighter as well:

With the increased torque from the EVT700, the stock clutch isn't going to last so it's time for our Stage II upgrade. Out comes the transmission:

And back to the car:

The new clutch is going to feel just like a GT3 factory version thanks to the installation of the EVO GT2 Slave conversion kit. As on the 996TT's of old the 997TT's hydraulic clutch assist is prone to failure and issues. A first clue is always the reservoir which leaks:

Now all back together again and you wouldn't even know...

Just your classic "stock" looking 997TT ready to go home but with a little extra under her rear end:

So if you see a stock-looking 997TT in the Bay Area don't mess with her!

Old 11-24-2011, 05:35 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
white car is an unknown quantity at this point
and all i want is a y pipe for xmas geeeeee

Old 11-24-2011, 05:47 PM
New OG
samuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond repute
Serious upgrades! I bet it will surprise more than a few with that stock look, not that a stock 997tt is a slouch either.

Old 11-24-2011, 05:54 PM
Ced
Official CED
Ced has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond repute
700hp at the wheel or crank?

Old 11-26-2011, 01:57 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
slik560 has a spectacular aura aboutslik560 has a spectacular aura aboutslik560 has a spectacular aura aboutslik560 has a spectacular aura aboutslik560 has a spectacular aura aboutslik560 has a spectacular aura aboutslik560 has a spectacular aura aboutslik560 has a spectacular aura aboutslik560 has a spectacular aura aboutslik560 has a spectacular aura aboutslik560 has a spectacular aura about
Spectacular. I really like that color...and the "stealth" approach.

Old 11-29-2011, 05:09 AM
Teamspeed Member
HIRISC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!HIRISC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!HIRISC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!HIRISC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!HIRISC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!HIRISC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!HIRISC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!HIRISC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!HIRISC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!HIRISC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!HIRISC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by Ced
Crank

EVO EVT700 Kit for 997 Turbo - SharkWerks Porsche Performance Experts in Northern California Bay Area (510-651-0300)

A tasty upgrade... If I pickup a non-S cab, I'll seriously give this package a look.

Last edited by HIRISC; 11-29-2011 at 05:10 AM.
Old 12-03-2011, 01:30 AM
Former Sponsor
sharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by HIRISC
Crank

EVO EVT700 Kit for 997 Turbo - SharkWerks Porsche Performance Experts in Northern California Bay Area (510-651-0300)

A tasty upgrade... If I pickup a non-S cab, I'll seriously give this package a look.

Aw thanks The cabs on 93 rip with this set up:P We have this horrid 91 octane stuff
Originally Posted by slik560
Spectacular. I really like that color...and the "stealth" approach.
Aye it was kind of neat to see. I mean I'm all for adding light weight wheels and tweaking things here and there but sometimes it's cool to see a stock looking car that has a bite:P
Originally Posted by Ced
Crank and mid 560-ish to the wheels.
Originally Posted by samuel.g
Serious upgrades! I bet it will surprise more than a few with that stock look, not that a stock 997tt is a slouch either.
Aye it's no slouch for sure.
Originally Posted by white car
and all i want is a y pipe for xmas geeeeee
Haha...

Old 12-03-2011, 01:55 AM
This won't end well
65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute
It's amazing that I want to actually call this car a sleeper...

Old 12-07-2011, 12:47 PM
DBV
Teamspeed Senior Member
DBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond repute
Wow! Nice build!