Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

Aftermath: Road trip to end all road trips!

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 02:47 AM
Photographer Extraordinaire
atomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond repute
Yet another beautiful floral arrangement

A classic 911

This flatbed semi was literally hugging the corners going really fast!

After going through one of the WORST and most bumpiest roads (Orr Springs Road) in memory, we reconvened yet again

We were rewarded with some exceptionally smooth roads all the way up to Benbow, CA including another stint on Hwy 1 through the twisties. Shortly after stopping I discovered that the screw holding my tailight in place disappeared. I removed the tailight and kept going up to Benbow Inn just outside of Garberville, CA. You guys owe it to yourself to go here one of these days. This hotel was beautifully designed. Almost akin to being swept away to an Inn somewhere in the Swiss alps.

Old 04-28-2010, 02:47 AM
Photographer Extraordinaire
atomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond repute
My car sans one tailight

Dining room

One of the funny sights I saw on the way home

Finally making it back to Washington after a long stint through Oregon nonstop

And for those of you that were wondering about whether I really drove home without a tailight. No, I didn't want to risk it so when I stopped for gas in Crescent City, CA I managed to find a temporary metric screw to hold the tailight into place for the trip home. I just picked her up earlier today after all repairs and checkups were made and she's resting in my garage now. I hope to upload some videos soon. If you really wanted to see the rest of the pictures then the album is here:

Alternative Viewpoints :: Bimmerfest 2008