Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

Turbo production numbers, New Porsche incentives

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2010, 09:44 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
trice9 will become famous soon enoughtrice9 will become famous soon enoughtrice9 will become famous soon enoughtrice9 will become famous soon enoughtrice9 will become famous soon enoughtrice9 will become famous soon enoughtrice9 will become famous soon enoughtrice9 will become famous soon enoughtrice9 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by solarlottry
I spoke to the salesman at Porsche hawaii yesterday and he made it very clear that Porsche was giving 15000$ for the new 2010 TT. There is also someone on another thread that has a receipt with the 15000 off. The offer was not good for the 2011TTS.
you are very correct. i did some homework, confirmed what you wrote with a few other dealers first, and then approached my dealer. See, while i ordered my car back in november, as luck would have it, it was delivered and i purchased it in the incentive window (24th-31st). my dealer was caught off guard, i believe him that he wasn't too familiar with the factory incentive (the other dealers i called had to look into it also). anyway, i have gotten a refund thanks to the factory incentive (they match the dealer markdown up to $7,500). so, if anyone here purchased a turbo in that window and didn't get this incentive, go back to your dealers. thank you solarlottry!

Old 04-02-2010, 01:04 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
sparkhill is just really nicesparkhill is just really nicesparkhill is just really nicesparkhill is just really nicesparkhill is just really nicesparkhill is just really nicesparkhill is just really nicesparkhill is just really nicesparkhill is just really nicesparkhill is just really nicesparkhill is just really nice
Originally Posted by trice9
you are very correct. i did some homework, confirmed what you wrote with a few other dealers first, and then approached my dealer. See, while i ordered my car back in november, as luck would have it, it was delivered and i purchased it in the incentive window (24th-31st). my dealer was caught off guard, i believe him that he wasn't too familiar with the factory incentive (the other dealers i called had to look into it also). anyway, i have gotten a refund thanks to the factory incentive (they match the dealer markdown up to $7,500). so, if anyone here purchased a turbo in that window and didn't get this incentive, go back to your dealers. thank you solarlottry!
Wow, that is some great news. Now take that money and start buying some mods.

Old 04-02-2010, 02:22 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
solarlottry is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by trice9
I

i am glad you got a great deal. I am over my short lived dissatisfaction with my purchase price so no more complaining.

Last edited by solarlottry; 04-04-2010 at 02:05 AM.
Old 04-02-2010, 08:57 AM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
I wish my dealer would do that for my 09TT purchase. he gave me 10,000 off and 1.9% financing whereas it seems that most everyone else got 20,000 off and 1.9% At the time i specifically asked him about getting 20,000 off and 1.9% but he said either 20,000 off and like 7% or the 10,000 and the 1.9%. I am pretty steamed about it still as someone just emailed me and said that they got 24,000 off and 1.9%. i emailed my dealer with my displeasure and told him that he had lost a good customer forever but no response of course. They could have had the most loyal customer who would have purchased a new TT every few years now i will never buy from them again. They saved 10,000 and lost at least 3-5 cars that i would have purchased by being less than truthful at the time of negotiation. Dumb move as i cant wait to take my new TT to service there in the next year or so and see their faces knowing i bought the car somewhere else.
You need to understand what was going on at the time to compare it apples to apples to todays incentives.

Previously, in 2009 you got either the 1.9 OR the CASH back.

Not both.

Today, there is cash back UPTO 7500, however there are NO special financing on Turbos, not to mention there are barely any cars available.

So put things into perspective before you blow a gasket. You got a VERY fair deal.

Two things I can guarantee any of you.

1) Someone will always pay LESS then you.
2) Someone will always pay MORE then you.

the only thing that matters is that you feel you recieved a fair deal from someone you trust. Being able to trust someone you're doing business with, is worth a few pennies.

I've heard enough crying stories of how a dealer mis-treated a client. Or completely raped them over the deal. Being able to trust your car peep is worth the extra money.

Old 04-02-2010, 11:40 AM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
I wish my dealer would do that for my 09TT purchase. he gave me 10,000 off and 1.9% financing whereas it seems that most everyone else got 20,000 off and 1.9% At the time i specifically asked him about getting 20,000 off and 1.9% but he said either 20,000 off and like 7% or the 10,000 and the 1.9%. I am pretty steamed about it still as someone just emailed me and said that they got 24,000 off and 1.9%. i emailed my dealer with my displeasure and told him that he had lost a good customer forever but no response of course. They could have had the most loyal customer who would have purchased a new TT every few years now i will never buy from them again. They saved 10,000 and lost at least 3-5 cars that i would have purchased by being less than truthful at the time of negotiation. Dumb move as i cant wait to take my new TT to service there in the next year or so and see their faces knowing i bought the car somewhere else.
Originally Posted by STOPPIE
You need to understand what was going on at the time to compare it apples to apples to todays incentives.

Previously, in 2009 you got either the 1.9 OR the CASH back.

Not both.

Today, there is cash back UPTO 7500, however there are NO special financing on Turbos, not to mention there are barely any cars available.

So put things into perspective before you blow a gasket. You got a VERY fair deal.

Two things I can guarantee any of you.

1) Someone will always pay LESS then you.
2) Someone will always pay MORE then you.

the only thing that matters is that you feel you recieved a fair deal from someone you trust. Being able to trust someone you're doing business with, is worth a few pennies.

I've heard enough crying stories of how a dealer mis-treated a client. Or completely raped them over the deal. Being able to trust your car peep is worth the extra money.
Solarlottry what I would say is that you were Happy the day you walked out of the dealership with the price you received. 10k or 20k off who cares. You were happy the day of purchase I'm sure. The other side of the coin is your example was 1.9% finance or 7% finance. I don't finance cars but I will say if you borrowed 100k or more the first year alone on 100k is $5000 you saved just on the finance side alone. You are much closer than you think to your buddies Double savings off the top if he's paying 7%. It's the same deal but You prepaid interest and your buddy will pay for it over a few years. If you guys run a 5 year term on the car and make all these payments. You got the better deal my friend so smile.

Stoppie I agree with you. Too many cryers. Once you've signed on the bottomline you have made a decision based on Best possible price for you at the time. Crying over it makes no sense. No one held a gun to your head.

I'm a firm believer we all pay the same. So no one pays more or less than me

Edit....Sorry Solarlottry I just re-read you stated that your buddy claimed 1.9% and 20k off. Don't believe him. I'm sure the dealer was the same with everyone he just wanted to 1 up you. My 2 cents

Old 04-02-2010, 11:46 AM
Teamspeed Pro
.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute

you need to chill bro

Old 04-02-2010, 11:55 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
At this point chillin is the thing to do!!!!

Old 04-02-2010, 12:48 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
being a crybaby is bad

I do think though that for the member who bought the 2010 TT and got their refund after they pointed out the incentives to the dealer and the dealer seemed not to know about the incentives, that that strikes me as odd. How could a Porsche dealer not know the incentives being offered when my dealer clearly did? It would seem that the incentives are there to help sell cars and that the dealers would know all about them. I am glad that i was able to save you $15,000 but it does seem strange to me that you had to approach the dealer and not the other way around. Maybe i am too cynical but if my dealer said that we have incentives now that are gonna save me money i would be greatful but to have to bring it to their attention seems like they are trying to pull a fast one and not give the incentive offered. If i knew about it then a dealer certainly should have.

Its is time to drive my car fast and look in the windshield and not the rearview mirrow!!!

Last edited by solarlottry; 04-05-2010 at 03:10 AM. Reason: update
Old 04-02-2010, 12:57 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
To put things in even clearer perspective:

I'd rather be sporting a 997tt, then SELLING the 997tt.

If I possessed one of those bad boys.....man..................I'd pack light, drop Jules in the Passenger seat, and go away for the weekend.

- That's a win!!

enjoy it in great health Solar! OKay?!

Old 04-02-2010, 03:03 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Originally Posted by STOPPIE
To put things in even clearer perspective:

I'd rather be sporting a 997tt, then SELLING the 997tt.

If I possessed one of those bad boys.....man..................I'd pack light, drop Jules in the Passenger seat, and go away for the weekend.

- That's a win!!

enjoy it in great health Solar! OKay?!
No doubt i am done complaining and am at peace with my purchase! now is time for fun!!! The car is a great car and just blows me away everytime i really hit the gas. Just how it pulls away from everyone else on the road is astounding. It scares me sometimes and i have not even flashed the ECU yet.
thanks for all the replies
best
paul

Last edited by solarlottry; 04-05-2010 at 03:11 AM. Reason: update

Quick Reply: Turbo production numbers, New Porsche incentives