Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

Turbo production numbers, New Porsche incentives

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2010, 12:35 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by h20skier
Please don't think I don't like Porsche 911's....I love them. I love all things Porsche except boxsters and cayennes OK so not all things Porsche but 911's from 1965 to 2010 are the bomb and I think they all have a place in my life. Wish I had a bigger garage.

I just think in this climate Porsche is going to hard pressed when people can slap down 130k and get a 4-5 year old F430. Although they won't be ready for the maint vs Porsche they will be sporting something a little different than their neighbor for one helluva entry price.
LOL- no of course not! If I help expand your garage will you put another P car in it?

What I'm seeing (my observations and opinion based off of that) are that when ppl plunk down $50-150k they want some sort of 'guarantee'. With F cars service and warranty are coming up in conversation a lot more. So with either a new Porsche or CPO Porsche the value proposition of getting a fully warrantied car for the money and a car that requires less expensive maintenance- the lure of a Porsche is a lot more appealing and parting ways with your $ more of a logical choice. I see the Ferrari world a little more volatile as of late.

But again, all indicators are pointing to a much hotter selling season. I see dealerships stocking up on more heavy metal cars then previous. So either they're all wrong or they're all predicting a good sports car selling season.

we shall see.

Old 03-29-2010, 09:05 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
997CarreraS is a splendid one to behold997CarreraS is a splendid one to behold997CarreraS is a splendid one to behold997CarreraS is a splendid one to behold997CarreraS is a splendid one to behold997CarreraS is a splendid one to behold997CarreraS is a splendid one to behold997CarreraS is a splendid one to behold997CarreraS is a splendid one to behold997CarreraS is a splendid one to behold997CarreraS is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by h20skier
Porsche sales are in the toilets ( with all cars ). I read somewhere that Porsche NA sold 8 turbos in December with 50 plus GT3's. That's HORRID and Porsche knows this.
Well I feel like a fool. I paid list in December and was happy to pay it so guess I was one of the 8. However remember these cars did not get delivered until Janurary. All Turbo's at our dealership were presold. They had been way before they were available so no deals here. I was happy just to be able to order one.

Old 03-29-2010, 09:18 PM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
you arent a fool......by any stretch. my thoughts are simple Porsche is a huge machine now and without lots of cars moving they can't maintain there business plan. of course without 1000s of cars a week flying out of the factory it will hurt them in the end much worse.

Old 03-29-2010, 09:53 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
nina is infamous around these partsnina is infamous around these partsnina is infamous around these partsnina is infamous around these partsnina is infamous around these partsnina is infamous around these partsnina is infamous around these partsnina is infamous around these partsnina is infamous around these parts
To the cough cough sales manager,
I live in an area with big dealers . It's a bad economy and cars are not selling.It has nothing to do with your magisterial sales techniques. Porsche is having to discount cars because that's what they are really worth by market dictum.They can jack up the prices as much as they want eventually the market catches up with them.

Old 03-29-2010, 10:44 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
kcturbo is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by STOPPIE
Yes there are incentives. It's different on each variation of 997. There are incentives on Turbo's; but like stated, Turbo's are so few and far between. There would be no reason (IMHO) to offer a huge discount on that car. None at all.
Chris, are there any incentives on the Panamera Turbo, and if so, what are they?

Old 03-30-2010, 05:41 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by kcturbo
Chris, are there any incentives on the Panamera Turbo, and if so, what are they?
No there are not my friend. Only 911's at the moment. But I'm sure you can get a good deal on a Panny Turbo.

Old 03-30-2010, 09:37 PM
Banned
cstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nice
Originally Posted by nina
I live in an area with big dealers . It's a bad economy and cars are not selling.It has nothing to do with your magisterial sales techniques. Porsche is having to discount cars because that's what they are really worth by market dictum.They can jack up the prices as much as they want eventually the market catches up with them.
Before these incentives, I'd seen a few cars roll at list in the last month. Not all 911s.

Just saying.

That said, normal 911 sales are slow.

Old 03-31-2010, 03:03 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
JZ997tt is on a distinguished roadJZ997tt is on a distinguished roadJZ997tt is on a distinguished roadJZ997tt is on a distinguished roadJZ997tt is on a distinguished road
I live in a huge market and there are NO turbo's available. There are now (2) S's left and they are already basically sold out for 2012.

I think threads like this are silly and an attempt to feel good or double check after a check has been written in efforts "misery loves company"

The only deals Porsche was making in major markets were on 09's due to the economy and inability to kill production.

Try buying an Audi and it is the same problem, no cars!

Why would a dealer discount when there is no reason to?

Now if you are talking about BMW or MB it is a different story, often the discount is masked with high money factors. Take a look at the residual values. Then take a look at inventory.

Truth is if you really want a Turbo TODAY, you will be forced into ordering one.

Old 03-31-2010, 03:07 PM
Banned
STLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by solarlottry
I spoke to the salesman at Porsche hawaii yesterday and he made it very clear that Porsche was giving 15000$ for the new 2010 TT. There is also someone on another thread that has a receipt with the 15000 off. The offer was not good for the 2011TTS.
Another Hawaii Teamspeeder!

Old 03-31-2010, 03:25 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
Originally Posted by nina
Well now, aren't you a peach..... lol

Last edited by STOPPIE; 03-31-2010 at 03:28 PM.

Quick Reply: Turbo production numbers, New Porsche incentives