Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

996 stock internals and tuning...........

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 01:16 PM
Teamspeed Member
997tt/rs has a reputation beyond repute997tt/rs has a reputation beyond repute997tt/rs has a reputation beyond repute997tt/rs has a reputation beyond repute997tt/rs has a reputation beyond repute997tt/rs has a reputation beyond repute997tt/rs has a reputation beyond repute997tt/rs has a reputation beyond repute997tt/rs has a reputation beyond repute997tt/rs has a reputation beyond repute997tt/rs has a reputation beyond repute
I don't believe what I'm reading here?
from detonation you will have hole in piston first or alternatively damaged rod bearing, and bearings from this engine are perfect.
In my knowledge we have two possibilities, 1. too much torque 2. water in the cylinder chamber. Amen.

Old 05-04-2009, 02:52 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
joetwint You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!joetwint You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!joetwint You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!joetwint You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!joetwint You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!joetwint You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!joetwint You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!joetwint You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!joetwint You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!joetwint You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!joetwint You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by 997tt/rs
1. too much torque 2. water in the cylinder chamber. Amen.
Do you want to argue about how much hp the 997tt motor can take or what caused your friends engine to bend a rod?Myself and many others have run around with 700 crank hp for extended periods in all types of driving without much problem.Others have blown them up at 600 crank hp........it all depends on how the car was setup and tuned.Looks and sounds like your friend had a lean condition and ran into some detonation.Detonation can and will bend rods.On these motors usually the rod bends and or the head gasket lets go before you get the chance to window the piston.

Old 05-04-2009, 03:55 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
porschephile will become famous soon enoughporschephile will become famous soon enoughporschephile will become famous soon enoughporschephile will become famous soon enoughporschephile will become famous soon enoughporschephile will become famous soon enoughporschephile will become famous soon enoughporschephile will become famous soon enoughporschephile will become famous soon enough
Amen.

I dont believe what Iam reading either. Amen is right. I give up...

Old 05-05-2009, 08:40 AM
Teamspeed Member
997tt/rs has a reputation beyond repute997tt/rs has a reputation beyond repute997tt/rs has a reputation beyond repute997tt/rs has a reputation beyond repute997tt/rs has a reputation beyond repute997tt/rs has a reputation beyond repute997tt/rs has a reputation beyond repute997tt/rs has a reputation beyond repute997tt/rs has a reputation beyond repute997tt/rs has a reputation beyond repute997tt/rs has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by porschephile
I dont believe what Iam reading either. Amen is right. I give up...

....hope you will find some other interesting topic, as you wrote just 8 posts all together....

Old 05-05-2009, 09:12 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
porschephile will become famous soon enoughporschephile will become famous soon enoughporschephile will become famous soon enoughporschephile will become famous soon enoughporschephile will become famous soon enoughporschephile will become famous soon enoughporschephile will become famous soon enoughporschephile will become famous soon enoughporschephile will become famous soon enough
....hope you will find some other interesting topic, as you wrote just 8 posts all together....
That is my hope also.
Eight posts or 800, you are not intested in getting to the truth of your friends problem. You are more interested in arguing about shortcomings US tuners vs other tuners, while the blown engine was tuned by some brand X tuner...