Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

996 stock internals and tuning...........

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2009, 11:49 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
porschephile will become famous soon enoughporschephile will become famous soon enoughporschephile will become famous soon enoughporschephile will become famous soon enoughporschephile will become famous soon enoughporschephile will become famous soon enoughporschephile will become famous soon enoughporschephile will become famous soon enoughporschephile will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by 997tt/rs
so what? they dont care about customers internals?

http://evoms.com/marketplace/ViewPro...C302D1701ED%7D
Sorry, I dont understand the link to EVOMS. I thought a free lance tuner did the work on your friend's car...

Old 05-03-2009, 01:17 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond repute
I'd like to know the AFR on the dyno. Was the car running lean before? I've seen gas of 93 @ 1.3bar before but not like this damage. I doubt if he was running 1.3bar. Did this guy have a boost controller? I'm thinking 1.5bar, low octane, not enough injectors to support gas, then booooom. Sorry to hear.

Old 05-03-2009, 05:30 AM
Teamspeed Member
997tt/rs has a reputation beyond repute997tt/rs has a reputation beyond repute997tt/rs has a reputation beyond repute997tt/rs has a reputation beyond repute997tt/rs has a reputation beyond repute997tt/rs has a reputation beyond repute997tt/rs has a reputation beyond repute997tt/rs has a reputation beyond repute997tt/rs has a reputation beyond repute997tt/rs has a reputation beyond repute997tt/rs has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by porschephile
Sorry, I dont understand the link to EVOMS. I thought a free lance tuner did the work on your friend's car...
700HP on the stock internals??????????????

Old 05-03-2009, 05:39 AM
Teamspeed Member
997tt/rs has a reputation beyond repute997tt/rs has a reputation beyond repute997tt/rs has a reputation beyond repute997tt/rs has a reputation beyond repute997tt/rs has a reputation beyond repute997tt/rs has a reputation beyond repute997tt/rs has a reputation beyond repute997tt/rs has a reputation beyond repute997tt/rs has a reputation beyond repute997tt/rs has a reputation beyond repute997tt/rs has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TurboArt
I'd like to know the AFR on the dyno. Was the car running lean before? I've seen gas of 93 @ 1.3bar before but not like this damage. I doubt if he was running 1.3bar. Did this guy have a boost controller? I'm thinking 1.5bar, low octane, not enough injectors to support gas, then booooom. Sorry to hear.

I never have seen 1,5 bar boost on modified turbines and stock injectors.
They guy told me that he was running max. 1,3 no reason to lie. Lambda was .85.

Old 05-03-2009, 08:11 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Luis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond repute
so what? they dont care about customers internals?

http://evoms.com/marketplace/ViewPro...C302D1701ED%7D
Yes, and they know what they are doing with Stock internal Porsche motors.
(Unlike whoever did your friends car)

Old 05-03-2009, 08:13 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Luis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond repute
Evoms has sold more GT700 packages than any other tuners with a 700 package combined. Again, trust me when I tell you that they know what they are doing.

Old 05-03-2009, 09:02 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
porschephile will become famous soon enoughporschephile will become famous soon enoughporschephile will become famous soon enoughporschephile will become famous soon enoughporschephile will become famous soon enoughporschephile will become famous soon enoughporschephile will become famous soon enoughporschephile will become famous soon enoughporschephile will become famous soon enough
Ok, I understand what you are saying now.

I agree it sounds like alot, but like Luis said EVOMS has the most experiance tuning at this level. In the US, tuners generally agree that with excellent tuning 700-750 crank hp is safe in these cars.

As you approach and pass 600 crank hp in the 996TT platform the engine will start to lean out at high rpm. These 700hp 996TT cars get bigger fuel injectors and bigger fuel lines to make sure the engine gets enough fuel. Some also put in additional fuel pumps at this level. There are multiple boost and timing maps in the ECU to allow the car to adapt safely to different octane levels of gasoline. The ECU can still protect the car with limp mode if you put bad gas in the tank. Catastrophic failures with this kit are very rare.

Sometimes the addtional hp will expose a weakness in an engine and you can have a grenade even after doing everything right...

Old 05-04-2009, 10:29 AM
Teamspeed Member
aha, so 700Hp kit from Evos will run with the stock internals but 580Ps kit won't?
don't understand, power is power and torque is torque, and again most of European tuners suggest to use Carrillo or some others over 800Nm, but this car was less for sure.
And again lambda was .85 on the street at full load on the 6-th gear.

Old 05-04-2009, 11:05 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
[QUOTE=997tt/rs;309538]aha, so 700Hp kit from Evos will run with the stock internals but 580Ps kit won't?
[QUOTE]

Correct. (we are of couse speaking of this "mystery 580hp kit your friend has on his car)
Have him call Evoms if he wants a reliable stock internal kit.

Old 05-04-2009, 11:35 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
power is power and torque is torque,
I cant agree with that statement. It is only true if both engines run without detonation. I suspect there was detonation present in your friend's engine either from too much boost, too low octane, too much timing ect... You can bend rods on a stock engine with detonation. You can bend rods on an engine with Carillo rods with detonation.

Quick Reply: 996 stock internals and tuning...........