Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

Need help determining value of my 996TT?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2009, 03:07 PM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
Need help determining value of my 996TT?

As many of you know from my previous posts, I'm jonesing pretty hard for a 997 GT3. I've found a couple of good examples for great prices, but the problem is my 996TT is going to have to go first. Now, I'm trying to get your opinions on how much you guys think it could be worth in this current market. I've got a number in my head, but as I said, I'd like to see what the TS community thinks.

The car is a 2002 996TT, with the upgraded X50 package. Its got a bit under 4500 miles, has Nav, 6 disc changer, and radar detectors mounted in the front bumper and rear license plate cover. I got it from a friend of my Pop's who had it in Florida and hadn't driven the car for three or four years. It sat in a garage until I was told the guy just wanted to get rid of it and I got an insane deal on it.

Let me know what you think. If I can't make the money I would like to for the car, then I will just hold on to it for a while and delay my dream of owning a 997 GT3/3RS. Sorry for the pic quality, I took them really quick during my lunch time run. Thanks in advance, JC

Attached Images        

Last edited by "The JC"; 04-29-2009 at 06:57 PM.
Old 04-29-2009, 03:41 PM
Banned
cstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nice
Private or wholesale/to a dealer?

Auction values - most that've come across the block have had way more miles

Quick autotrader search... http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/search...=1241037791684

I'd think you could undercut those and come in in the low 60s/high 50s with such low mileage

Last edited by cstroked; 04-29-2009 at 03:44 PM.
Old 04-29-2009, 03:47 PM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by cstroked
Private or wholesale/to a dealer?
Probably private, b/c I discussed trading it in to a local dealer who had a 07 GT3 and he wasn't going to give me anything for the car. I've been searching various sites and I've yet to find a 996TT in this condition w/so few miles. Then again, sellers always say that don't they. If I find the right deal on a GT3, I'm willing to take the hit, but so far they're all white and I've got enough white cars.

Old 04-29-2009, 03:49 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Nice condition, low miles and mod free. You should get at the top end.

Whoever made that awesome car a garage queen should lose his man-card.

Old 04-29-2009, 03:57 PM
Banned
cstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nice
Originally Posted by JC919
Probably private, b/c I discussed trading it in to a local dealer who had a 07 GT3 and he wasn't going to give me anything for the car. I've been searching various sites and I've yet to find a 996TT in this condition w/so few miles. Then again, sellers always say that don't they. If I find the right deal on a GT3, I'm willing to take the hit, but so far they're all white and I've got enough white cars.
Haha, yes, pretty much everyone thinks their car is worth way more than it actually is. Sucks for buyers and sellers. And from a dealer's end, if they can go pick the same thing up @ auction for the same price... well then it's not worth what the seller thinks. I'd bet I know where that dealer's hitting you, and I'd also bet that dealer is balls deep in their GT3.

However, I'd say that in your case with the ownership history, extremely low mileage, looks mint and probably is. So I'd go private, list it on AutoTrader, find comparable cars and come in under them by a bit if you want to move it and are ok. I'd try to come in under this: Cars For Sale: Car Details - AutoTrader.com

So.. $62k - leave yourself room if you think someone will try to bring you down - if you're comfortable letting it go for 60k then I wouldn't be afraid to go that route.

Old 04-29-2009, 04:29 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Guest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up

As many of you know from my previous posts, I'm jonesing pretty hard for a 997 GT3. I've found a couple of good examples for great prices, but the problem is my 996TT is going to have to go first. Now, I'm trying to get your opinions on how much you guys think it could be worth in this current market. I've got a number in my head, but as I said, I'd like to see what the TS community thinks.

The car is a 2002 996TT, with the upgraded X50 package. Its got a bit under 4500 miles, has Nav, 6 disc changer, and radar detectors mounted in the front bumper and rear license plate cover. I got it from a friend of my Pop's who had it in Florida and hadn't driven the car for three or four years. It sat in a garage until I was told the guy just wanted to get rid of it and I got an insane deal on it.

Let me know what you think. If I can't make the money I would like to for the car, then I will just hold on to it for a while and delay my dream of owning a 997 GT3/3RS. Sorry for the pic quality, I took them really quick my lunch time run. Thanks in advance, JC
The car looks absolutely pristine, especially the interior. It looks like a new car.

You could make white your "thing" like "H20Skier" on the 6. Color should not deter a GT3 decision, imo.

Originally Posted by Barrister
Nice condition, low miles and mod free. You should get at the top end.

Agreed.

Good luck with the sale; hope you get your GT3. Even if you don't, I wanna say you're a pretty young guy, so maybe you can pick up a 997.2 GT3 or the "998"/991 successor GT3 down the line.

Old 04-29-2009, 04:34 PM
Banned
FWIW 2007 33% GT3 production was white (red/meteor also offered), 2008 45% white (many other colors offered)

Old 04-29-2009, 05:03 PM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
stuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond repute
Don't hate me, but having been an owner of a 996 Turbo, and now the 996 GT2, and having dealt with privatesale/trade in for these cars.

At present economic condition, 55K is probably what the car will end up selling. A lot of people prefer black/black instead of black with light gray, and it being 02 doesn't help.

X50 helps, but not as much as you think.

The current market sucks for sellers.

Old 04-29-2009, 05:40 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by Barrister
I've had the car since the end of February and I've put a 1400 miles on it. I love the car, is unbelievably quick, I'm just partial to NA and RWD to be honest.

Originally Posted by cstroked
Cars For Sale: Car Details - AutoTrader.com

So.. $62k - leave yourself room if you think someone will try to bring you down - if you're comfortable letting it go for 60k then I wouldn't be afraid to go that route.
Thanks, hadn't seen that one, its even a better color combo. I also think private is the best route, it will just take a while. However, I said the same about my B5 S4, which was up for two months and I got about $1500 more that it was worth.

Originally Posted by Guest
You could make white your "thing" like "H20Skier" on the 6. Color should not deter a GT3 decision, imo.
Good luck with the sale; hope you get your GT3. Even if you don't, I wanna say you're a pretty young guy, so maybe you can pick up a 997.2 GT3 or the "998"/991 successor GT3 down the line.
Color isn't that big of a deal, I just love the mk1 997 GT3 and would see myself having it for a long time, so a GT Silver or Slate Gray version is what I really want. However, the deals are for the white one's and unfortunately I've passed up a few thaat I should have gone for (a white one here in Houston, with 4500 miles ended up going for $89,000).

As far as the 997.2, I'd like that, but I plan to do a lot of track mods, so something used, but well preserved is what I'm after.

Originally Posted by stuka
A lot of people prefer black/black instead of black with light gray, and it being 02 doesn't help.

X50 helps, but not as much as you think.

The current market sucks for sellers.
Agree with everthing you said. I usually only get black interiors, but this car was a deal I couldn't refuse.

Last edited by "The JC"; 04-29-2009 at 05:49 PM.
Old 04-29-2009, 10:36 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Pablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond repute
JC,

pm me what you would like to get for the car. I would jump on it if it was Black/black (really) but im still considering it since its an x50 with what seems to be a clean history.

Thanks.

Quick Reply: Need help determining value of my 996TT?