Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

Need help determining value of my 996TT?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2009, 10:40 PM
Teamspeed Pro
.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute
perfect car.......I would jump all over this if I could

Old 04-30-2009, 12:08 AM
Teamspeed Pro
PatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond repute
nice car! however, if one can get a 997 gt3 in the 80's, i have a hard time thinking this car will sell anywhere near the 60 mark...

Old 04-30-2009, 12:27 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Guest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by PatrickHenry
nice car! however, if one can get a 997 gt3 in the 80's, i have a hard time thinking this car will sell anywhere near the 60 mark...
Fair point.

Old 04-30-2009, 12:35 AM
I'm closing this thread.
Alex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond repute
+2. Great car that I would jump on if the $$$ was available.

Old 04-30-2009, 01:17 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
sparkhill is just really nicesparkhill is just really nicesparkhill is just really nicesparkhill is just really nicesparkhill is just really nicesparkhill is just really nicesparkhill is just really nicesparkhill is just really nicesparkhill is just really nicesparkhill is just really nicesparkhill is just really nice
You have a great car with exceptionally low mileage, but you will need to find exactly the right buyer to appreciate it. Below are the recent auction results. None of the cars are close to your car in mileage. Personally, I have had good luck selling on eBay and 6speedonline. I would put it up for a couple thousand more than your lowest acceptable price and see if anyone is interested.

The X50, low mileage, and condition all add to the value but I think you might end up close to $50K at best. It sucks, but the car market has been hammered, period.

Last edited by sparkhill; 04-30-2009 at 01:25 AM.
Old 04-30-2009, 09:13 AM
Banned
cstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nice
JC - JKM had a tricked B5 S4... It was traded on their SL55 though and I think they gave them not much for it probably because he hit 6 deer with it though...
Those deals are few and far between, believe me, after mention of that I looked around and didn't find anything similar
Originally Posted by sparkhill
You have a great car with exceptionally low mileage, but you will need to find exactly the right buyer to appreciate it. Below are the recent auction results. None of the cars are close to your car in mileage. Personally, I have had good luck selling on eBay and 6speedonline. I would put it up for a couple thousand more than your lowest acceptable price and see if anyone is interested.

The X50, low mileage, and condition all add to the value but I think you might end up close to $50K at best. It sucks, but the car market has been hammered, period.
The auction/wholesale values on newer cars have started to climb, as I've mentioned before - I could reasonably see someone who knows what that car is buying for close to 60.

Old 04-30-2009, 11:25 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
sparkhill is just really nicesparkhill is just really nicesparkhill is just really nicesparkhill is just really nicesparkhill is just really nicesparkhill is just really nicesparkhill is just really nicesparkhill is just really nicesparkhill is just really nicesparkhill is just really nicesparkhill is just really nice
Originally Posted by cstroked
The auction/wholesale values on newer cars have started to climb, as I've mentioned before - I could reasonably see someone who knows what that car is buying for close to 60.
I sure hope so - it is one really nice car.

Old 04-30-2009, 11:44 AM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by cstroked
Those deals are few and far between, believe me, after mention of that I looked around and didn't find anything similar.
The GT3 was a completely base package that went for $89,000 sat on the lot for about 6 months with no one seriously interested. The price started out at $105k and would drop in increments every once in a while until the dealer just wanted to get rid of it. They never advertised the car at that price, one of the sales reps informed me about how much they ended up letting it go for when I had my 996TT in for service. They weren't exactly happy about what they got for it. However, somebody got an amazing deal, and they are out there.

As far as the price for this car, I'm thinking about selling it like I did my S4, in that I may put the price a little high and just wait. The car has a comfy home in the garage and I do drive it every week or two, so I don't really want to get rid of it soon for a crap price. The M3 will service my track needs for the time being, and maybe I'll think about axing that 'never been tracked' sales point on the 996TT.

Thanks again for you're input guys.

Old 05-01-2009, 04:24 PM
Teamspeed Pro
PatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond repute
if i were you, i would put a fair amount of miles on it and enjoy it and let it go for what fair market value is when you are ready. if that time is now, so be it! unless, you bought it thinking about making a profit?

regardless, it is a nice car! keep us posted please.

Old 05-01-2009, 04:35 PM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
if i were you, i would put a fair amount of miles on it and enjoy it and let it go for what fair market value is when you are ready. if that time is now, so be it! unless, you bought it thinking about making a profit?

regardless, it is a nice car! keep us posted please.
I bought it b/c the deal I got on it was out of this world, and I couldn't pass up on it. Right now, I'm beginning to think that holding on to it is the best option. I'm probably going to put it on autotrader for a high price that most people will probably laugh at, and just update the miles as I put them on.

Thanks again for everybody's input.

Quick Reply: Need help determining value of my 996TT?