Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

Dyno results coming soon for modified GT30's

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2009, 01:15 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
BigBadBen has a brilliant futureBigBadBen has a brilliant futureBigBadBen has a brilliant futureBigBadBen has a brilliant futureBigBadBen has a brilliant futureBigBadBen has a brilliant futureBigBadBen has a brilliant futureBigBadBen has a brilliant futureBigBadBen has a brilliant futureBigBadBen has a brilliant futureBigBadBen has a brilliant future
Dyno results coming soon for modified GT30's

So my car will be complete next week hopefully. Spoke to John at EVOMS and the upgraded 80 lbs injectors and additional in-line 044 fuel pump will be done this week.

I am hoping for mid to high 600's at the wheels on pump gas (94). Stay tuned.

Ben

Old 02-25-2009, 02:34 PM
Teamspeed Pro
carendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond repute
i haven't paid attention lately to my turbos... are these the gt700 turbos that you're modifying?

also, did you re-install your original 6th gear ratio? if so, what is the jump like between 5th & 6th - a big deal or hardly noticeable?

- chuck

Old 02-25-2009, 10:48 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond repute
Good to hear. With those injectors and GT3076R's you are getting, you should put down close to 850rwhp. Are you getting the 0.63 A/R or 0.82 A/R?

Old 02-25-2009, 10:50 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond repute
GT700 package I think uses the GT2871's and run out of steam at 1.4bar due to small hot side. GT3076's will put down serious power with a built motor.

Originally Posted by carendt242
i haven't paid attention lately to my turbos... are these the gt700 turbos that you're modifying?

also, did you re-install your original 6th gear ratio? if so, what is the jump like between 5th & 6th - a big deal or hardly noticeable?

- chuck

Old 02-25-2009, 11:00 PM
Teamspeed Member
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
GT700's are a GT2867. Great for in town buy seem to have a bit of trouble competing with the big boys on the freeway.

Ben, are you going with the /76's? I think I need to give you a call for an update!

Mike

Old 02-26-2009, 01:11 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
BigBadBen has a brilliant futureBigBadBen has a brilliant futureBigBadBen has a brilliant futureBigBadBen has a brilliant futureBigBadBen has a brilliant futureBigBadBen has a brilliant futureBigBadBen has a brilliant futureBigBadBen has a brilliant futureBigBadBen has a brilliant futureBigBadBen has a brilliant futureBigBadBen has a brilliant future
I always thought the GT700 was running a 2860 but anywho these are a modified GT30...blah blah blah which will be introduced in due course, I am beginning to sound like Markski These are totally new and my car is the first ones to have them. These are not my old turbo's.

Yes Chuck, I did change 6th gear back to stock as it was far too short, more like a 5th gear. I was always searching for a 7th gear when on the freeway. I don't think the spread between 5th and 6th will be too much of an issue. I just won't have the instant pull that's all when loafing alone.

When John and Todd drive my car next week I will report back on how 5th to 6th is.

Old 02-26-2009, 02:44 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Thomasbbi has much to be proud ofThomasbbi has much to be proud ofThomasbbi has much to be proud ofThomasbbi has much to be proud ofThomasbbi has much to be proud ofThomasbbi has much to be proud ofThomasbbi has much to be proud ofThomasbbi has much to be proud ofThomasbbi has much to be proud ofThomasbbi has much to be proud ofThomasbbi has much to be proud of
Great work Ben!

I think you should put down 700+ to the wheels...

Old 02-26-2009, 11:16 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Cheers Thomas, that would be really nice on pump gas!

Old 02-26-2009, 02:54 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
GT RUS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!GT RUS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!GT RUS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!GT RUS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!GT RUS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!GT RUS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!GT RUS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!GT RUS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!GT RUS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!GT RUS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!GT RUS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
With G30 you should be able to put down around 700+ whp on 109...

Old 02-26-2009, 02:58 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
GT-RUS, I am more interested in pump gas #'s than race gas. Race gas is so expensive here, I have never run it.

To me race gas numbers are not real DD everyday #'s unless you own a refinery