Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.
View Poll Results: New 09 997TT White with latest tech, or 07 GT3RS Orange with 2k miles?
09 997TT White brand new
27.27%
07 GT3RS Orange 2k miles
72.73%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

09 997TT white or 07 GT3RS orange?

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2008, 10:41 PM
ATL
Teamspeed Pro
ATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by parkmonster
Thanks for your advice, Chris and ATL.

So here's the piece of info I kept back deliberately in this post so as not to affect your opinions. The truth is that I recently took delivery of my 09 white TT, which I had custom ordered with all the options I wanted 3 months ago. It's loaded to the hilt with PCCBs, painted seatbacks, wrapped in leather, etc. I paid up for these customizations so would have to take a real hit.

So here's the next question: How much of a depreciation hit should I be willing to take before I walk away from the deal? My sticker was $165 but I paid $160. I've only put about 200 miles on it so far.

Any hope I could do an even trade?
hmm.. plot thickens. Have you talked to the dealer about it yet? Did they make you an offer? Thing that sucks is that no matter if it's 1 mile or 200 the car has been titled and it'll take some depreciation. I don't know...

Old 12-13-2008, 10:51 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Nah - Keep your Turbo. You'll lose your ass. If you've already got the Turbo you wanted, enjoy the hell out of it. Pick up an RS later (either trade or keep 'em both). If you're driving it daily, the Turbo is a better choice. I was approaching your question from the purest Porsche for me.

Old 12-13-2008, 10:53 PM
Teamspeed Member
parkmonster has a reputation beyond reputeparkmonster has a reputation beyond reputeparkmonster has a reputation beyond reputeparkmonster has a reputation beyond reputeparkmonster has a reputation beyond reputeparkmonster has a reputation beyond reputeparkmonster has a reputation beyond reputeparkmonster has a reputation beyond reputeparkmonster has a reputation beyond reputeparkmonster has a reputation beyond reputeparkmonster has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ATL-Porsche
hmm.. plot thickens. Have you talked to the dealer about it yet? Did they make you an offer? Thing that sucks is that no matter if it's 1 mile or 200 the car has been titled and it'll take some depreciation. I don't know...
Haha. Haven't brought up the trade yet and haven't really started negotiating on pricing. Was still just thinking about it, which is why I posted. I feel like I can't really lose because in the worst case, I just keep this car, which I still love since it was built exactly the way I wanted.

Old 12-13-2008, 10:58 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
FWIW, I wouldn't drive a GT3 RS daily unless I moved back to SoCal. Most likely, my next car purchase will be a 997 Turbo (unless I decide to keep my RS4 and then it'll be a C2S). Post some pics...

Old 12-13-2008, 10:59 PM
Teamspeed Member
parkmonster has a reputation beyond reputeparkmonster has a reputation beyond reputeparkmonster has a reputation beyond reputeparkmonster has a reputation beyond reputeparkmonster has a reputation beyond reputeparkmonster has a reputation beyond reputeparkmonster has a reputation beyond reputeparkmonster has a reputation beyond reputeparkmonster has a reputation beyond reputeparkmonster has a reputation beyond reputeparkmonster has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
Nah - Keep your Turbo. You'll lose your ass. If you've already got the Turbo you wanted, enjoy the hell out of it. Pick up an RS later (either trade or keep 'em both). If you're driving it daily, the Turbo is a better choice. I was approaching your question from the purest Porsche for me.
That may be sage advice. I'll still talk to them and see what they say.

As a counterargument to your advice, if my Turbo will fetch $90k 3 years from now while the RS will fetch $120k, then it may be worth paying up to a $15-20k difference today. I've learned sometimes we lose the most in life when we don't cut our losses early....

This being said, I'm really happy either way since I hear the GT3 MkII will be out soon....

Old 12-13-2008, 11:01 PM
Watch this space.
It's not worth it - keep the Turbo. I tried to use a similar argument with myself when I traded my Carrera S in for my RS4. "I'll save money, etc." - I lost my ass on the Carrera S and then the RS4 tanked, too. Lesson learned. Now I'll either augment the RS4 or wait until I'm back in the positive with it...

Old 12-13-2008, 11:07 PM
Teamspeed Member
Quality of pics are not good (from iphone) but here are a few from delivery day. Thanks again for your thoughts.

Old 12-13-2008, 11:11 PM
Teamspeed Member

Old 12-13-2008, 11:17 PM
Teamspeed Member
Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
It's not worth it - keep the Turbo. I tried to use a similar argument with myself when I traded my Carrera S in for my RS4. "I'll save money, etc." - I lost my ass on the Carrera S and then the RS4 tanked, too. Lesson learned. Now I'll either augment the RS4 or wait until I'm back in the positive with it...
Sage advice. I will most likely end up keeping the Turbo -- I'm also not sure if I could ever get over the fact that the RS was driven by some other dude before me - haha. My wife accuses me of never being satisfied with anything, to which I reply, "I'm still with you, aren't I?"

Old 12-13-2008, 11:44 PM
Teamspeed Pro
GrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by atl-porsche
my Vote Is For The Gt3rs. Exclusivity And More Unique Than A Tt
+100....

Quick Reply: 09 997TT white or 07 GT3RS orange?