Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.
View Poll Results: New 09 997TT White with latest tech, or 07 GT3RS Orange with 2k miles?
09 997TT White brand new
27.27%
07 GT3RS Orange 2k miles
72.73%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

09 997TT white or 07 GT3RS orange?

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2008, 11:08 PM
Teamspeed Member
parkmonster has a reputation beyond reputeparkmonster has a reputation beyond reputeparkmonster has a reputation beyond reputeparkmonster has a reputation beyond reputeparkmonster has a reputation beyond reputeparkmonster has a reputation beyond reputeparkmonster has a reputation beyond reputeparkmonster has a reputation beyond reputeparkmonster has a reputation beyond reputeparkmonster has a reputation beyond reputeparkmonster has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jamie
Pay no more than $10k south of list for the RS.
Jamie, do you have experience that suggests $10k south of list is the right range? If so, would be very helpful - thanks.

Old 12-15-2008, 01:17 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
ReeknHavic has a spectacular aura aboutReeknHavic has a spectacular aura aboutReeknHavic has a spectacular aura aboutReeknHavic has a spectacular aura aboutReeknHavic has a spectacular aura aboutReeknHavic has a spectacular aura aboutReeknHavic has a spectacular aura aboutReeknHavic has a spectacular aura aboutReeknHavic has a spectacular aura aboutReeknHavic has a spectacular aura aboutReeknHavic has a spectacular aura about
I'd keep your white 997tt but that's me. I've never driven a GT3.

The real question is, what do YOU want to do? There is no bad decision as I see it.

Old 12-15-2008, 05:36 AM
Teamspeed Pro
jamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by parkmonster
Jamie, do you have experience that suggests $10k south of list is the right range? If so, would be very helpful - thanks.
Just watching various forum threads, I'm very confident you could find one for that. Asking prices are very different than actual selling prices and anyone with cash can find good deals.

Patience is a virtue, however, as today's good price will look high come mid-January.

Old 12-15-2008, 11:49 AM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
that is a nice TT

Old 12-15-2008, 06:52 PM
Teamspeed Member
parkmonster has a reputation beyond reputeparkmonster has a reputation beyond reputeparkmonster has a reputation beyond reputeparkmonster has a reputation beyond reputeparkmonster has a reputation beyond reputeparkmonster has a reputation beyond reputeparkmonster has a reputation beyond reputeparkmonster has a reputation beyond reputeparkmonster has a reputation beyond reputeparkmonster has a reputation beyond reputeparkmonster has a reputation beyond repute
Checked out both the black and orange GT3RSs today. Orange was very nice while I wasn't excited about the black. While the Orange was striking on the outside, but the clutch was really uncomfortable and neither car could replace my Turbo with respect to balancing performance and usability. I might mess with my Turbo like Karol and transform the body to a GT3RS body. Or may just wait for the GT3RS FL to come out in a few years.

Thanks everyone for helping me think through this.

Old 12-15-2008, 06:55 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Sounds like you made a good decision...

Old 12-15-2008, 07:08 PM
Former Sponsor
sharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond repute
You have to drive both. They're very different animals... One is more luxurious, quiet, relaxed (the TT) and the other is more visceral, loud/rattly and harsh. Personally it's the RS for me

Old 12-15-2008, 07:37 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Targa Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by parkmonster
Checked out both the black and orange GT3RSs today. Orange was very nice while I wasn't excited about the black. While the Orange was striking on the outside, but the clutch was really uncomfortable and neither car could replace my Turbo with respect to balancing performance and usability. I might mess with my Turbo like Karol and transform the body to a GT3RS body. Or may just wait for the GT3RS FL to come out in a few years.

Thanks everyone for helping me think through this.

You can't really compare a turbo to a GT3RS even though they cost about the same.

One is a supercar for the street, the other is the king of the track. Ideally you should have both in your garage. If you have just one car, it has to be turbo for comfortable daily use.

And please don't do a GT3RS body kit. A turbo is a turbo, not a GT3RS wannabe...

Old 12-15-2008, 08:30 PM
Teamspeed Member
Alex, I see what you're saying -- I would be more passionate about the GT3RS than the Turbo for sure if I had both, but having to choose one for now, I couldn't replace my Turbo with the GT3RS since I would be using it on the street 99% of the time.

Tim, you're right on the GT3RS wannabe point -- I may just play around with different wheels.

Old 12-16-2008, 10:32 PM
Teamspeed Pro
GrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond repute
So ParkMonster...
Does the poll result represent your intent?
Are we going to see that RS?

Quick Reply: 09 997TT white or 07 GT3RS orange?