Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

SharkWerks/EVO 3.8L GT800: Spring Refresh

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2008, 09:38 PM
Former Sponsor
sharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond repute
SharkWerks/EVO 3.8L GT800: Spring Refresh

It's been a long time since we posted anything about our 996TT but she's alive. Great White TT is back and spruced up some for the spring... The car still has the EVO/SharkWerks 3.8L kit along with the EVOGT800 on it (that's as far as I'm ever going to go) but because I'm getting old it was time to try out another exhaust. I'm getting too old for straight pipes After installing a few of the newest gen 3 Fabspeed's I have to say these are leaps and bounds ahead of anything we saw years ago on the gen 1s. Fitment is really good. The drone/resonance is really much less of an issue on this new-style system. Mke@EVO had a lot of success with the 70mm version on his 3.8 so he recommended we give it a go. It's all modular so the install is obviously quite easy. Job well done there and I was very suprised (pleasantly). Having the turbo kit and power level we have still means we need something that flows real well and this puppy does the job nicely. We're not "loosing" too much power over the straight pipes and what we're gaining is being able to listen to my ipod again We got the tubi-style tips powder coated black since I'm not big on shiny/chrome....

Next up is the 12x18 (covered in 335 meats) and 9x18 HRE C-20 Competitions. We went with charcoal on the center, outer and satin on the inside. Different but we like it....

Anyway's here's some pix:

here's the 70mm Gen 3 Fabspeed and tips:

Now that the rain's finally stopped it's time for some C16 and Boost... I mised boost...

Old 02-07-2008, 09:42 PM
MTK
Banned
MTK MTK MTK MTK MTK MTK MTK MTK MTK MTK MTK
daaaYummmmn alex !!!

Old 02-07-2008, 09:42 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Boxstergirlie01 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxstergirlie01 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxstergirlie01 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxstergirlie01 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxstergirlie01 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxstergirlie01 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxstergirlie01 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxstergirlie01 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxstergirlie01 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxstergirlie01 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxstergirlie01 has a reputation beyond repute
beautiful!! thanks for sharing the pics! they are great!

Old 02-07-2008, 09:46 PM
Teamspeed Pro
iLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond repute
What a BEASTTTT!!!! Paint the centers white NOW

Old 02-07-2008, 09:54 PM
Teamspeed MVP
Smoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond repute
Remember Alex, If you come up to the drags again, give me a shout out and I'll meet you there and do some filming!!

Old 02-07-2008, 10:03 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Craigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond repute
I was going to yell at you about bumper plugs, but I'll let it slide with all that black trim

looks good mate.

Old 02-07-2008, 10:05 PM
Former Sponsor
sharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond repute
here's the engine bay and interior...
Except when we pop the "boot"

and on the inside...

Old 02-07-2008, 11:27 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Highhats is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up

Shark the car LOOKS LEAPS BETTER with out that vented horrible fitting hood. Was that a gemballa copy that was on there or the real thing. I remember the top driver side of the hood not sitting right in previous pics. Is that why you put it back? If so Im glad I didn't do it. lol WELL DONE!

S

Old 02-07-2008, 11:51 PM
Former Sponsor
Originally Posted by Highhats
Shark the car LOOKS LEAPS BETTER with out that vented horrible fitting hood. Was that a gemballa copy that was on there or the real thing. I remember the top driver side of the hood not sitting right in previous pics. Is that why you put it back? If so Im glad I didn't do it. lol WELL DONE!

S
Hey Suman, thanks for the kind words and I couldn't agree more. I tried the real gemballa hood, the copy etc... None of them fit at all. Just plain poo Hence I went back to the stocker..... I told you and Jags not to lol!

Old 02-08-2008, 03:19 PM
Former Sponsor
Originally Posted by Smoothcab
Remember Alex, If you come up to the drags again, give me a shout out and I'll meet you there and do some filming!!
You betcya... but no filming of "pulling-over" incidents lol

here's a shot of the fuel system in the front...

Quick Reply: SharkWerks/EVO 3.8L GT800: Spring Refresh